Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No one seems to help anyone anymore.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Hi!

So yesterday I finish Crystal Caves and I was like "cool now I can do Ghost Avalon " So I asked my level 92 friend if he could come lend a hand and he said sure. Five minutes pass and he's still in Unicorn Way with his friends. The worst part is that I ALWAYS help him unless i'm in a battle or at a boss, then I say: I'll be there in a few minutes.

It just seems to me like all my friends but one, my questing best friend, never help anymore. I always at least answer them telling them why I can't help at the moment. So is it just me this is happening too?

Miranda Starblood lvl 81

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
I help many many many people on my list, Maybe it was a inconvenience for him, or that he forgot, it happens, sometimes I get distracted talking to my friends on there and forget to go farm or something, but a lot of people still do help each other.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
I've seen people say the same thing as you. Personally, I am a helper. I'm one who will also help just random people who are asking for help. if I get bored questing or farming then i'll go around and look for people needing help. if you ever see me around don't hesitate to ask :)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
loviinngliz on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

So yesterday I finish Crystal Caves and I was like "cool now I can do Ghost Avalon " So I asked my level 92 friend if he could come lend a hand and he said sure. Five minutes pass and he's still in Unicorn Way with his friends. The worst part is that I ALWAYS help him unless i'm in a battle or at a boss, then I say: I'll be there in a few minutes.

It just seems to me like all my friends but one, my questing best friend, never help anymore. I always at least answer them telling them why I can't help at the moment. So is it just me this is happening too?

Miranda Starblood lvl 81
I'm not trying to be rude, but, in all seriousness, nobody is obligated to help you. However, if you were waiting for help for a while, it was rude of him to say he'd help you and not live up to it.

If you need help I'd recommend looking on Central or setting up a post here and giving it a few days time so that volunteers can schedule a date that works for you both.

As for me and my friends, I find I have no trouble if I stick to asking the ones I know will help. I have several best friends here and we all help each other if the need arises. Try looking for people to help out, sometimes it pays off to ask around in the Commons.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
I've noticed this as well. Back when I first played (around three years ago), it was incredibly easy to gather a four-man boss squad; but now everybody keeps to themselves.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I understand ya. Every time someone asked me to help I always reply with a yes or a no. Now, people just ignore you and expect you to help them.

Level 92 Life

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I'm sorry to say but it sounds like you need to find a new friend to quest with if they're too busy with their friends to help you.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Scarlet Nightdream... on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but, in all seriousness, nobody is obligated to help you. However, if you were waiting for help for a while, it was rude of him to say he'd help you and not live up to it.

If you need help I'd recommend looking on Central or setting up a post here and giving it a few days time so that volunteers can schedule a date that works for you both.

As for me and my friends, I find I have no trouble if I stick to asking the ones I know will help. I have several best friends here and we all help each other if the need arises. Try looking for people to help out, sometimes it pays off to ask around in the Commons.
I understand that. I also was waiting for awhile so I ported to him and he was like: "sorry, I'm on a break lol."

I was also in the commons but most people just hangout there so I switch realms once or twice, still nothing. had to wait like three hours.

Miranda Starblood lvl 83

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
loviinngliz on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
I understand that. I also was waiting for awhile so I ported to him and he was like: "sorry, I'm on a break lol."

I was also in the commons but most people just hangout there so I switch realms once or twice, still nothing. had to wait like three hours.

Miranda Starblood lvl 83
This is almost like a shout-out to a good mate of mine. He has helped me significantly over the past couple days as I finish up all the parts of Azteca that I had not completed (I like to save the experience for when I receive the experience bar again). You must understand that you just have to find the right people.
I wish you luck in your future questing.

~Shannon Skybreaker