Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Never Doing Ranked PVP Again

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
So I faced a level 20 wizard in a ranked PVP. I am level 50 . I lost. He had only 1000 health. His resist was UN-believably high. I couldn't kill him because my full power pip judgement with hex, and two blades only did around 600. He would then heal, blade up then use a treasure card Efreet, and killed me. I think pvp gear is too OP. Also how did he get to the point where he could be a Pvp Warlord, at only level 20? I think the pvp gear should leave, and pvp should be based on the equipment you get from questing.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Christina.Pvp is about skill not gear.Your complaining about his gear when you are twice his level?How is an adept supposed to be a grandmaster with no gear and tc?Show that you can pvp and then you will get some respect

Wolf Star PVP Warlord 2361 Best of the Best Magus

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
At most, his (or her) resist was 50% - 55%. With a hex and two blades, your full pip judgment should have hit for around 1,500 damage, even with the resist. I assume that he had a shield or two up as well. You might try removing the shields before hitting with judge and/or taking a few points of his health off with other attacks first.

Warlord gear is earned though obtaining tickets after participating in many matches or a lesser number of tournaments. One has to be of a high enough rank to buy it, also. As I said, it is earned. The warlord you faced had to prove his skill to work his way up to fight someone of your level. Don't feel bad that you lost. Instead, watch highly ranked players and observe how they approach the battles. That will teach you how to handle yourself and win.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
He most likely had commander gear on, and a good pet. (50% resist, 5% extra with a level 5 anthem)

If you didn't discover, judgement isn't the solution to pvping with balance. Try farming lore master, with a friend for the spells lore master, and savage paw, they give you decent all balance attacks. Spam your minion against fire so they can't just OHKO you so easily.

Use treasure cards to aid your weaknesses. ~They are an amazing asset during a match. As a level 30 Balance i kept: 2 Infallible, 5 sandstorm 4 lore master all enchanted with monstrous.

If you don't have a level 90, i would suggest leveling up because the experience changes and learn how certain strategies work.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I agree. People should only be matched with people around their level and rank in pvp. KI does it in a really weird way.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
In MY opinion, pvp is perfectly fine as it is. The commander gear has Ben their for many blue moons and I don't see why ki would change low level pvp gear. Even my self has had a level 17 warlord and I like low level pvp. Why don't you use some tc like he did, infallible will help a lot. And to be honest, and a balance, I never ever use judgment in pvp unless they only have very low health. If your level 50, don't use spectral, a lot of people have fire and storm shields because they train tower. Hydra with a damage sun treasure card would aid you. Tc chimera, and the mander minion is very helpful

level 90 balance

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
Their was this one particular pvp, where I could not believe it. My fiend, a level 16 balance had around commander rating, and she kept fighting a 90fire that had more rating then her The most interesting thing is that the matching happened automatically like they were ment to fight each other, ki should look into this if it happens again. He claims he fight these low levels all the time, and I believe he is tampering with the system some how because that matching must takes hours to become paired up, not 30 seconds

-90balance

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Pvp is ALL about your skill. Like the others said you Judgement should have done a lot more. Also you should use a minion or put lots of shields in to weaken the attack. Also you don't just quit because you don't have as much skill as a lower level pvper.

Blaze Stormstone 90

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Yes, because a level 20 is suppose to beat a level 50 with normal gear, putting them at a disadvantage in every stat.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
KOblivion on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
He most likely had commander gear on, and a good pet. (50% resist, 5% extra with a level 5 anthem)

If you didn't discover, judgement isn't the solution to pvping with balance. Try farming lore master, with a friend for the spells lore master, and savage paw, they give you decent all balance attacks. Spam your minion against fire so they can't just OHKO you so easily.

Use treasure cards to aid your weaknesses. ~They are an amazing asset during a match. As a level 30 Balance i kept: 2 Infallible, 5 sandstorm 4 lore master all enchanted with monstrous.

If you don't have a level 90, i would suggest leveling up because the experience changes and learn how certain strategies work.
Christina,

What KOblivion states above is solid advise, I would suggest that you keep what he says in mind.
To add to it, remember, always cast your Minion on Fire, Storm, and Ice, as the Mander will put
those shields on you, plus really help you over all. Make sure to use Weakness also, especially when
the opponent starts to build more than three pips, etc.

In my opinion, as KOblivion states, the LoreMaster and Savage Paw are really needed at your level.
They add huge boost, to your deck, attack, and defense, if you don't have them, spend the time to
go get them.

Another items that KOblivion points out is the TC, and they are needed for any battle. Putting Pierce on
your Judge and other cards can make a big difference when you hit a high Resist player, and have
Infallible up also. Adding a few with Monstrous is also helpful, but either way, you have to use
Treasure cards as you rank up.

The one thing I want to add is, stay with Practice PvP until you start winning 70 to 80% of your battles.
When you start winning from Second more than 50% of the time, you are getting ready for
Ranked PvP.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
dragon of platypi on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
I agree. People should only be matched with people around their level and rank in pvp. KI does it in a really weird way.
If the guy *Or girl* Didn't have everything he or she DID have, then it would be unfair. Maybe HE needs better gear and not take away what the PvP people need to win OR lose.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
None of this matters. People just leave quit when they lose. Pvp is ruined till they fix it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Low level warlords are quite common now. They get crown gear, tc and have. Experience with pvp probably. Just know pvp isn't the most important thing in the game, and that Wizard won because of his gear. Without it, even with his precious tc efreet, you would have won most likely. Pvp is a truly difficult thing to master, I hardly win but I don't care lol.