Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talent Transfer?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
A couple days ago, I was seeking to hatch my forest beast to get an awesome pet. My pet had spell-proof, spell-defying, unicorn, and mana gift. I hatched with a pet that had spell-proof and fairy friend. I expected to retain all original talents, and gain fairy friend. I got the pet to adult yesterday, and wham out of nowhere, it gains Piercemonger (Adds 1 pierce card). Could someone please explain to me how on earth this happened?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Nothing is guarenteed in hatching or training; you get what you get as pet levels, that said if you have talents that manifested in a parent pet you have better chance of it manifesting in child pet.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Oh, I see. So pet hatching is not surefire. Ok, thank you for the help.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
UltraLa5erStorm on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
A couple days ago, I was seeking to hatch my forest beast to get an awesome pet. My pet had spell-proof, spell-defying, unicorn, and mana gift. I hatched with a pet that had spell-proof and fairy friend. I expected to retain all original talents, and gain fairy friend. I got the pet to adult yesterday, and wham out of nowhere, it gains Piercemonger (Adds 1 pierce card). Could someone please explain to me how on earth this happened?
All talents given upon hatching are random; you should not assume that the original talents will re-manifest themselves in the hatchling.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
UltraLa5erStorm on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Pet talents don't always go by ones manifested, it's those annoying hidden ones that get you.

Each pet has 10 possible talents in it's gene pool. When you hatch with another pet that leaves 20 possible talents to be passed on to the 10 slots of the new pet.

The odds of getting the perfect pet in the first try are high.