Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
So this seems to be a complicated subject for a game that seems to be somewhat simple. The way I see it there are a few options for obtaining gear.

1.) the auction house/store
2.) card packs
3.) drops
4.) crafting

Now I don't craft, I've never enjoyed it in any other mmo I've played, so how do you get the "best" gear? I don't just mean at level cap, I mean if you're a level 20 or 45, how do you make sure you've got the best possible gear?

Usually I'll just check in the auction house/store based on my school and level and pick the gear with the best stats or occasionally I'll buy some card packs that will reward me with gear. I was told the other day my gear was "trash" and I didn't understand what they meant. As far as I knew, it had the best possible stats to choose from when I got it. So what am I missing?

I assume that once you reach level cap, perhaps you farm dungeons, but what about when you're low level in your 20's or 30's? I'm hoping to shed some light on this and hopefully make it a bit easier to understand. I'm a solo pve person most of the time, although I always enjoy a group fight and as far as I can tell, picking the gear with the best stats for my school and level at the store has been working out alright for me so far.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have found gear bought at the Bazaar has gotten me by just fine though level 58, the it's either farm for Water Works gear or since I craft I do the Wintertusk gear which is for lvl 56. It's worth the bother if you don't like farming and have not luck getting WW gear is 20 or so tries.

Our wizards have a mix of some dropped items and the Wintertusk gear though Azteca.

At lower levels I check the Bazaar every 5 lvls, then it seems it moves to every 10 before there is anything worth spending gold on.

There is no set gear for each player it seems. It goes by your play style etc. It did used to be a lot simpler to pick gear but as new and improved flooded the game it does seem to be difficult.

As for people saying anything about your gear - if it working for you then really what does it matter what others say?