Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eagle war shield problem!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I crafted the eagle war shield but nothing hpnd plz help

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I think you didn't do the first part of the quest where you go to some agave beds in Mangrove Marsh I think. Look in your quest book for it, when you do that then it'll change to completing the eagle war shield. hope i helped!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I did the 1st pt asked me to get some agave leaves from mangrove marsh n I did I crafted shield n nothing hpnd :(

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Did you take the shield back to the crafting vendor in Azteca?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I have the Eagle War Shield crafted and Oztomeca will not take it form me.

Please let me know why Oztomeca will not take the shield.

Thank you

Administrator
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

I have the Eagle War Shield crafted and Oztomeca will not take it form me.

Please let me know why Oztomeca will not take the shield.

Thank you
I've audited your character. Try talking to Oztomeca again please.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you for taking care of the problem.

I believe the problem can be triggered 2 possible ways.

The first is when people can purchase nectar in the bazaar, I got 6 nectar over 2 or 3 months, changing database to prevent them from being sold might have prevented this. This way I could not have crafted the shield prior to being able to enter Mangrove Marsh.

The second is when people "port" into a place, in this case, Mangrove Marsh before they can enter through the main door/road. Porting I could still collect nectar without being able to enter the grove. So, if a person ports into the grove AND cannot enter through door/road do not display the Agave leaves. I know that some characters are not displayed if I port into a place I cannot go to yet. Leaves may be able to be handled in a similar fashion.

Thank you again for getting me fixed up.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Having same problem I crafted shield and when I returned to oztomeca didn't take shield but gave me code for birthday?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Lachjdk on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I think you didn't do the first part of the quest where you go to some agave beds in Mangrove Marsh I think. Look in your quest book for it, when you do that then it'll change to completing the eagle war shield. hope i helped!
That wouldn't help because he would HAVE to craft it, but since he didn't craft it when it said to craft it, it won't work. You can buy them or trade them. So for all they know he traded it or brought it from the bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
I managed to get all of the ingredients. I somehow got the Potent Trap TC from somewhere in Atlantea (probably Poseidon), and all of the agave items and turquoise I got from the bazaar. So, when I got to the Azteca crafting vendor, I figured that it was like all of the other crafting quests that came before (buy the recipe, get the ingredients, and craft the thing). When I crafted it, I didn't hear the crafting complete sound, which I thought was odd. It turns out that I needed to go to the marsh, which is still sealed off. The question I have is, can I turn in the shield I made already after I complete the reast of the quest, or will I have to crate a second shield? I was extremely lucky to get that Potent Trap card last time, but I believe I will have a much, much harder time finding another one, along with the turquoise.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
same thing happened to me, i have the eagle war shield crafted and went to mangrove marsh but he won't take it. Can someone help me with this please. thanks Or can professor greyrose help me get audited please?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
can any one help me farm for a potent trap tc, i'm a lvl 90 death and i have been farming for this for 2 month and got nothing for it, i farmed la jefa quetzal about 150 times and most of the aztec a bosses and i got nothing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Blake DeathBlade

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I too have crafted the Eagle war shields, I have 2 of them in my backpack but I can't turn them in. Can someone fix this problem so I can move on please.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Same issue here.

Eagle War Shield is in my backpack, crafted from items I already had in my backpack. So I figured once I got the door open to Mangrove Marsh, I would get the turn in task. I didn't. :(

Please help Professor! Jasmine's backpack is heavy carrying that thing around!

Edit: I am sorry. I might have ruined things by logging back in so quickly. Oztomeca still will not accept the shield.