Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teaching my pet Satyr sprite

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I was wondering what age my pet has to be to learn sprite because all of my friends have it. When can I teach him that?

Amber Summerflower
Level 53

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
AmberV 14 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering what age my pet has to be to learn sprite because all of my friends have it. When can I teach him that?

Amber Summerflower
Level 53
All talents are random, so who knows if it ends being the last talent your pet gets?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Amber Summerflower
Level 53
I have 2 that never got it, I give up at Adult with them and moved on. My Forest Lord on the other hand did so I use him as my regular pet.

Prior to that I used a Fierce Hound I got with the castle bundle, they get Spritely, for sure, at teen which is much better odds for me. Altho some Crown pets get Spritely at teen a lot do not.

Pet training/hatching etc. takes patience, time, gold, maybe money and knowing how to speed it up the best you can.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
The answer is anytime. Since it has that talent it can train the talent. But, you may not get it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Amber Summerflower
Level 53
no pet "has to" learn any of their talents, and it doesn't matter if your friends' pets have it. All pet talents earned are random; there is nothing anyone can do to ensure any pet gets a certain talent.
I have pets with the possibility of spritely, trained to Epic, that have no gotten that talent.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I've been playing since june 2009 and none of my pets or my brothers have ever had a spritely spell with their pets.

Dane my Life brother has a Satyr pet that will cast a Satyr when I chose to, but never happened once for me.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
No specific age doesn't allow you to get spritely. It is totally unknown.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
ok I will tell you how to get your talent not to be random.

1.) Look at your pet and note the pets school.

2.) Feed your pet Snacks from its school. ( look at the the different areas: like Intellect, Agility ) and ( do not over feed pet to just lvl it up fast, you will end up with just the basic talents )

3.) Take to the Maze game and select Cake, feed only 2 foods, high those areas, and then toss in a death food for the third food.

4.) Take your baby pet to Unicorn way, use starter deck loaded with heals and sprites ( Can be Treasure Cards )

5,) Battle this deck at least 3 battles.

Repeat this till pet becomes teen, most if not all the pets fed and trained this way, will at least sprite by the time they are teens. It takes time and work, but it will pay off.

If you have not written the training program for pets and have not done this with at least 2 of your pets, Please keep the "Pets are all random Talents" comments to your selfs.

I have taught this to too many wizards and know it works.
Thanks, hope this helps those of you who want a healing pet.
Sophia Dragonheart

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
Pet talents aren't random talents, but a combination of talents from each parent. As much as you may not like to hear this, it is actually random about which talents will manifest in the new pet. Manifested talents in each parent pet will mean there is a better chance that the new pet will manifest it as well. I've trained hundreds of pets. I've gotten Spritely at Teen/Adult/Ancient/Epic and Mega - it has zero to do with what you feed it, how you feed it, what you do with it, etc. The fact that you were successful in your method does not prove anything - it just tells me that those pets were going to get Spritely no matter what. If that method works for Spritely, then there must be a way to get *any* talent you want to express. Sadly, that is not the case.

You want Spritely? Hatch two pets that already have it manifested and hope if comes out in your pet. Please stop spreading this sort of misinformation to players who are desperate for a pet with Spritely.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Actually manifesting of certain pet talents is possible! I had about 12 pets with spirit in its pool talent but I wasn't able to unlock it in them :( I've tried many advices and tips to do but none worked! Then finally thanks to Sophia Dragonheart I was able to unlock it finally!!!!!!!! She was right about training those pets in unicorn way xD I did exactly as what she said, word by word, and it worked perfectly for me ;) thank you Sophia Dragonheart :D it's a long process but it really WORKS!!!!!!! Now my ONI has may cast spirit and tower shield :)