Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

As Prices Go Up...

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
To start off with this topic, this is NOT a "crownsisle" post or anything, but I'm just saying this to state a point. As the crowns prices go up per world, that means that crowns are more expensive in the game and that the prices go way up. I mean, AZ is 1995 crowns per area, which is almost 4$ per area. At first, I went with crowns in wizard101 because the areas in WizardCity were cheap, 750 crowns. But as I went up, up to Marleybone especially, the prices started getting a little intimidating; 1200 crowns per area. I mean, I loved the 750 crowns and 915 crowns per area, but now crowns are getting more expensive in wizard101. Technically speaking, the game would cost a total of 235.75$ (111,665 crowns). KI is a company, we all know that, they need money to run, but look at Microsoft and Sony, they sell their system with a bonus game for about the same price that kingsisle sells wizard101. Plus the possible 20,000+ crowns that most wizards will be tempted to use with houses, packs, mounts, pets and gear packs, they'll be spending about 300$ for the whole game.

What KI should do, is make "World Packs". These would give one whole world for the added area pricing total minus 10,000 crowns so that wizards will get a great deal in this, or maybe just make it 5-10$ per world (Payment by credit card). Also, maybe sell the entire game (All areas, ranked pvp and derby, all side dungeons, and possibly a free house of choice + a housing elixir, energy elixir, and a bric-a-brac elixir) for about 100$ if they already bought a world or 150$ if they haven't. This would still be giving kingsisle the money they need to be running their company and give their players a whole new way to save money in the game. The ranked pvp and derbies would be free (Maybe for a year at the least if KI wants to) forever, but the wizards would still be paying for new pets, packs, mounts, gear sets, gifting friends, elixirs, bundles, houses, wands, hair styles, stitching, unstitching (Which is going to continue for a while with new gear stats and looks coming out), second chance chests, and possibly paying for pirate101 as well.

This way both KI and their players will be getting what they want/need, and that wizard101 would give their players a nice deal to go with, as well as teaching kids to either use 80$ on 60k crowns now or wait until they get 150$ to buy the whole game, wizard101 would be an even greater learning experience for everyone.

So, who likes this idea? Hopefully these ideas are put on their website!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Yes.

I 100% agree with you on this. Prices are going up way too high and parents are losing their money. Like you said, both sides would get what they want. Perfect. I think this way Kingsisle would get even more money, and it's obvious that's what Kingsisle wants.

~Molly

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree. Look at Aquilia in the test realm. A ZONE that costs more than all areas of Azteca combined, it only has 3 dungeons too while Azteca has around 10-13. The prices are going wayyyyyy too high.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I am impressed with your math and completely agree with you. The math speaks for itself

Let's say that there are at least 100 million players. Let's say that about half are members
While, let's say a quarter play with crowns
We might as well go lower and say that a quarter finish the game
If you say they pay at least $300 if they play the whole game, then do the math
6,250,000 * $300=$1,875,000,000
This would mean that, with your math, that KI gets over $1 billion just for those who use crowns and finish the game. Imagine how much they are getting for those who are members, those who are members and use crowns, and those who use crowns, but don't get through the game? KI is making a bunch of money. The least that they can do is lower some prices in the crownshop. This game is expensive. Maybe, they should make the game a bit more, I don't know, optional and free if they are getting the money that they are getting. Just me here