Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DNA numbers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I've noticed this every since I was around level 6, but I finally got around to ask about it. Above your pet, what does the DNA, the number, and number in brackets mean? Is it supposed to be how good your pet or how rare your pet is? One of my pets has something like DNA 64 (0). Is that good or bad? Thanks!

Nathaniel Redflame

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The Pedigree that you are talking about, is the combination of low to high 'pip' talents (common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, epic) that your pet has for regular talents and derby talents.

A high pedigree does not necessarily mean it's a good pet. Many lower pedigree pets (56-62) can have awesome talents, which all depends on hatching with other pets.

Generally, a first generation pet is not going to have very good talents. It can take many many hatchings with your other good pets or with other wizards to come up with the right combination of talents you desire.

You have a Pedigree of 64(0). There isn't anyone here who can tell you if your pet is good or bad. It all depends on the type of pet, if it's been hatched, if it's been hatched with other wizard pets, and what combination of talents are in the gene pool. The (0) means it has not been trained yet. It's still a baby. The 64 is a combination of game talents and derby talents. Since we only get 5 talents and 5 derby talents total, the (0) you have will never reach the pedigree of 64, unless all talents are unlocked and have manifested.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Excellent post from BrynnerOfReign.

In addition, note that pet talents are rated by how rare they are... Not how good they are. Better talents are not necessarily more rare. In fact.... often not. Also the "rarity" of a pet talent is based on all pets across the spiral, not how rare the talent is in the specific pet.

Pedigree is not a good indicator of how fantastic a pet is. I generally ignore the pedigree number of pets. A quick glance at its talents is a better indicator.

Happy Wizarding!

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
The Pedigree that you are talking about, is the combination of low to high 'pip' talents (common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, epic) that your pet has for regular talents and derby talents.

A high pedigree does not necessarily mean it's a good pet. Many lower pedigree pets (56-62) can have awesome talents, which all depends on hatching with other pets.

Generally, a first generation pet is not going to have very good talents. It can take many many hatchings with your other good pets or with other wizards to come up with the right combination of talents you desire.

You have a Pedigree of 64(0). There isn't anyone here who can tell you if your pet is good or bad. It all depends on the type of pet, if it's been hatched, if it's been hatched with other wizard pets, and what combination of talents are in the gene pool. The (0) means it has not been trained yet. It's still a baby. The 64 is a combination of game talents and derby talents. Since we only get 5 talents and 5 derby talents total, the (0) you have will never reach the pedigree of 64, unless all talents are unlocked and have manifested.
I know what you mean by low pedigree good pets. the pets from the pets pack give awesome stats but are only pedigree 44 like the scorpion