Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 - Ravenwood School...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It seems that the school does not teach us much. Profs give us lots of tasks, and we are "given" our initial spells from the school. But we aren't taught much at all. Almost everything we learn is self taught in the field. Ok, ok, when we first begin the game some profs give us basic pointers, and Diego gives a very good tutorial.

Here is my thought:
Provide students with a bunch of organized stuff they can learn if they wish. It could be in book(s) form or Diego-style tutorials. Integrated into the game (not just a notebook at the top left corner of the screen). And let students experience it multiple times if they want! (why can't we watch Diego's tutorials a second time?). Each lesson would be short & sweet, but informative. Helping wizards become significantly better through in-game accessible information. And let the information be accessible from day-1, available at our respective schools. Let wizards access the lessons freely multiple times. Maybe some lessons become available later on (fitting in with access to worlds). Also reduce all those annoying unsolicited pop-ups that we generally miss because we are in the middle of something.

General Lesson Plan - Basics:
- Spell deck basics
- Training points
- Dorm, houses, castles
- accessing worlds, how its done
- understanding the battle system
- charms & wards: traps, blades, feints, shields, etc.
- gearing up! Getting the most out of available gear.
- comunications: understanding chat systems. Courtesy concepts.
porting to people. How to do it. Courtesy concepts.

General Lesson Plan:
- Spell Deck, using effectively
- training points, different uses, later spells/schools we can train
(prepare players so they can make informed decisions!)
- different types of dungeons
- battle strategies part1
- battle strategies part2
- battle strategies part3
- gardening: expanding beyond the basic pot

School Specific:
(available to everyone, but accessed at specific schools)
- spells: brief explanations. How each works, how to use effectively.
- boosts: types of boosts, how they work, what they do.
- balancing gear items

I know it sounds like a lot of work (so is musical instruments! lol). But I believe this would significantly
enhance the Wizard101 experience enabling new players to learn quickly and get the most from the game. The overall skill level of players would increase a great deal. Team play would become more effective, especially with menu chat players.

I realize much of this info can be gathered from internet searches. But that isn't really a feasible solution for many young players. Also most casual players aren't going to be googling the internet for gaming tips & info. Yes I know whoever reads this post is comfortable with regularly searching the internet for info. But many others are not. Read all the simple and basic posts on this forum!

Anyway, this is my idea. I think its a good idea. And I'm posting it!

~ RottenHeart, Lvl 90
Lets remember the name of the game!

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
i like this idea. teaching you how to make good decisions in game.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Good idea. I hope Kingsisle reads this idea and does it.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
RottenHeart on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
It seems that the school does not teach us much. Profs give us lots of tasks, and we are "given" our initial spells from the school. But we aren't taught much at all. Almost everything we learn is self taught in the field. Ok, ok, when we first begin the game some profs give us basic pointers, and Diego gives a very good tutorial.

Here is my thought:
Provide students with a bunch of organized stuff they can learn if they wish. It could be in book(s) form or Diego-style tutorials. Integrated into the game (not just a notebook at the top left corner of the screen). And let students experience it multiple times if they want! (why can't we watch Diego's tutorials a second time?). Each lesson would be short & sweet, but informative. Helping wizards become significantly better through in-game accessible information. And let the information be accessible from day-1, available at our respective schools. Let wizards access the lessons freely multiple times. Maybe some lessons become available later on (fitting in with access to worlds). Also reduce all those annoying unsolicited pop-ups that we generally miss because we are in the middle of something.

General Lesson Plan - Basics:
- Spell deck basics
- Training points
- Dorm, houses, castles
- accessing worlds, how its done
- understanding the battle system
- charms & wards: traps, blades, feints, shields, etc.
- gearing up! Getting the most out of available gear.
- comunications: understanding chat systems. Courtesy concepts.
porting to people. How to do it. Courtesy concepts.

General Lesson Plan:
- Spell Deck, using effectively
- training points, different uses, later spells/schools we can train
(prepare players so they can make informed decisions!)
- different types of dungeons
- battle strategies part1
- battle strategies part2
- battle strategies part3
- gardening: expanding beyond the basic pot

School Specific:
(available to everyone, but accessed at specific schools)
- spells: brief explanations. How each works, how to use effectively.
- boosts: types of boosts, how they work, what they do.
- balancing gear items

I know it sounds like a lot of work (so is musical instruments! lol). But I believe this would significantly
enhance the Wizard101 experience enabling new players to learn quickly and get the most from the game. The overall skill level of players would increase a great deal. Team play would become more effective, especially with menu chat players.

I realize much of this info can be gathered from internet searches. But that isn't really a feasible solution for many young players. Also most casual players aren't going to be googling the internet for gaming tips & info. Yes I know whoever reads this post is comfortable with regularly searching the internet for info. But many others are not. Read all the simple and basic posts on this forum!

Anyway, this is my idea. I think its a good idea. And I'm posting it!

~ RottenHeart, Lvl 90
Lets remember the name of the game!
I have a way to add on to it. You know how on every blackboard at each school it has a "Daily Lesson". Well maybe you could walk up to it and press X and do the lesson somewhere. And every day it can change by the same way of chance if a spell will work. So it could be summon a spell that you have bye putting you in the same arena you go in for diego's tutorials and it puts only that spell in your deck to fight a creature. Or you could fight a random enemy in a area you unlocked a random number of times from maybe 1 to 10. Or it could be make a craftable item.
Also in Wizard 101 my death person is Antonio Battle Whisper.