Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions 2.0 - Strategic Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I really like the idea of minions. Except they are too unpredictable, so they are useless. Using them takes away strategy/skill and introduces more random chance. Hence they don't get used much after Krokotopia.

Great New Minion Ideas

1. Introduce a minion with a mini spell deck that you get to play. The spell deck has fixed spell cards, and no treasure cards. The player gets to tell the minion what spells to cast, or to pass. (hence they are a minion... they do what they are told!)

2. Different minions have a focus:
- Defence (shields, health)
- Offence (attack spells)
- Utility (boosts for wizard, give pips, remove neg/pos traps/charms, etc).

If this seems overpowered, consider the minion might not get power pips. The minion's health and other attributes could be designed suitable too. And the spell deck is fixed.

I think this would bring minions back into the game, and add strategy rather than more random chance. It would be really fun too. If its an issue they could be excluded from PvP.

Happy Wizarding!

Historian
May 06, 2009
RottenHeart on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I really like the idea of minions. Except they are too unpredictable, so they are useless. Using them takes away strategy/skill and introduces more random chance. Hence they don't get used much after Krokotopia.

Great New Minion Ideas

1. Introduce a minion with a mini spell deck that you get to play. The spell deck has fixed spell cards, and no treasure cards. The player gets to tell the minion what spells to cast, or to pass. (hence they are a minion... they do what they are told!)

2. Different minions have a focus:
- Defence (shields, health)
- Offence (attack spells)
- Utility (boosts for wizard, give pips, remove neg/pos traps/charms, etc).

If this seems overpowered, consider the minion might not get power pips. The minion's health and other attributes could be designed suitable too. And the spell deck is fixed.

I think this would bring minions back into the game, and add strategy rather than more random chance. It would be really fun too. If its an issue they could be excluded from PvP.

Happy Wizarding!
Love it! I was thinking of something like that. Even if this didn't happen (Technically speaking the developers may have to go through a hasle to implement this from something simpe. And some players might not like the idea of looking over two decks), I would love for minions to be brought into the higher level challenge. Currently they have low pip chance, not a lot of power, start off with one pip, insufficient health, and not very bright. I want minions, especially for Myth, that have decent health, start with at least 2 pips or power pips, have high level spells (around rank 7-8). I know I'm describing a henchman, but you have to pay crowns for them. Not everyone has that. If we had just one smart, powerful minion/henchman in the form of a spell card, would that really ruin KI's revenue or game play environment? At this point, minions like this wouldn't come until Chapter 3! I'd really love for something like this to come. It'd bring Myth Wizards back into their overall focus: MINIONS!!!!