Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To keep it interesting...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Had a few ideas to both improve the current game set up, and help break up the repetitiveness of the game.

1) The 300 item limit on all houses inside and out has got to go. We are already having to buy potions in the crown shop to increase our limits from 250 to 300. We should be able to increase this however much we want, after all we are paying for the house and the potions. On houses bought with gold and crowns, at least increase it to 500. Massive houses such as Sun Palace, The Sulta in's Castle, The Azteca Pyramid, 300 items is nothing. There is way too much empty space. The limit there should be increased to at least 1000. I'm not saying make everything unlimited, just get more realistic about the limits.

2) We can hang things on the wall such as the wands, which frees up space in our banks, shared banks, and back packs, but we can't do it with anything else. There are dressers and wardrobes in the game, make them functional and allow us to store up to 100 items in each of those (hats, robes, shoes only). Allow athames to be hung up as well either on wall or create a weapons rack. For the rings and amulets, create a jewelry box that can store them. Most people buy this stuff with crowns so this would make saving them and reusing them easier.

3) I hate playing games where you have decorative items made from wood but none match each other. Create an option box (like what appears in the paint shop for your clothes) that would allow you to choose from a few wood colors on ALL wood items, including walls and floors.

4) Allow items to connect to each other such as the hedge rows. It doesn't look right having a huge gap between them when lining them up, decorating the outside.

5)For crafters that spend a lot of time crafting, make it a little easier to get hard to find or transmute reagents. Have them available in the crown shop (Grendleweed, Sandstone, Sunstone to name a few). Recipes often require these in large quantities. They are almost impossible (or outrageously pricey) to find in the bazaar. They also require huge amounts of regents in order to transmute them.

6)Finally, allow bundle pack items such as Pagoda, and Castles to be exchangeable between wizards on the same account. After all we did pay for it. Or, allow teleporters to be placed in such a way that all wizards on your account have access to each other's houses without having to have friends help you teleport there.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
1. I didn't realize there was a cap on potions you could buy to have items in your house and you can only have 300 items. So I just learned something here. But I can understand why they put a limit on the amount of items in houses and such. Some people would end up keeping everything or hoarding stuff and it takes up space/data that could bog down the servers and such. I do agree to raising the limits for being able to buy potions for the Massive houses. I have the Massive Fantasy castle for one of my characters and it is huge.

2. I would love to be able to store more of the items that I want to keep. This is a cool idea, but to me it would be better if they acted like a bank chest where you could assess your bank from any of the furniture that was a item to store stuff and then have elixirs to buy more space for your bank like you do with buying more space to put items in the house.

3. I do wish they had some of the furniture having matching sets. That would be nice.

5. Here I am a tad torn. I just recently finished building my Grizzlehiem Watchtower. It was a lot of work. I did get frustrated a few times, but I stuck with it and am very proud that I completed and to me it was worth the effort. I am enjoying the crafting, but just recently have discovered how hard it is to get Helephant cards for the aquarium that I would like to craft. I did get one card from the bazaar, but haven't seen more since. My friend is working on a new character that is a Fire School that will be able to craft and then will help me get the cards needed.

6. I really agree with this on the pagoda and the castles purchased with real money. If I paid for the item and I decide to create a different character because I don't like the current one, I can't move the retired castle I have to another character to use it and delete the character that I am not wanting to play anymore.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
1) 110% agreed

2) 150% agreed, I carry lots of No Auction items that I dont want to Sel

3) Yeah, thats a nice idea

4) You can by glitching with the Tatami Floor Mats

5) Yes, Reagents should be available for Crowns at the Crowns Shop

6) Yes, my Sultan's Palace would look great on all of my Wizards on the popcicool7777777 account

So I really agree on all you said!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
KimberlyMorse said:

"Or, allow teleporters to be placed in such a way that all wizards on your account have access to each other's houses... "

This is a really great idea that I agree with 100%. Especially if wizards on the same account could interact with the housing items. You can shared bank stuff between wizards anyway so its not changing the balance of the game, just making it easier and smoother. It might overall reduce the houses aquired per account, but it would increase the housing interest and thus items for placement in houses (various crafted and crown items such as teleporters, game kiosks, etc.).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
#1 and #2. Data Storage space on KI servers is the main issue. Several months ago, KI fix the cap on banks and shared banks because players were storing thousand s of items in them which takes up massive amounts of data space. This is where a lot of things can go wrong with any account that has done this. Items can go missing and may be permanently lost in all the jumble. IT also can cause extreme lag in the game.

#3. The items dropped in the game are more or less designed to fit the world they were dropped in. Your best option here is to decorate different rooms in a castle with a different theme or do this on separate wizards.

#4. I can see that as a good option.

#5. NO. There are enough problems with getting some of the reagents now. If those are put in the crowns shop, then you restrict players that can not afford crowns from ever being able to complete those quests let alone other items they may want to craft.

#6. Houses, Castles and certain other items have never been tradable within an account. At this point in time, I really don't think that is a good idea since many wizards before you would have liked the same options and would be very upset for it to happen now. Many have already bought many of the bundle packs for their various wizards and in a sense, this would not be fair to them.

As for the teleporters to allow your other wizards to port to other houses on the same account, I like that , but I also see where this could also glitch very badly and possibly throw the whole account into chaos. By glitching, I mean, items moving between the different wizards when they are not supposed to. This would open a whole new can of worms for support. You know you have something on one wizard and all of a sudden it is not there. Where is it? Your first reaction is going to be to contact support. It may take support quite some time to find the item if they can find a trail to follow. Glitching in some things may make that a little more difficult.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
#1 and #2. Data Storage space on KI servers is the main issue. Several months ago, KI fix the cap on banks and shared banks because players were storing thousand s of items in them which takes up massive amounts of data space. This is where a lot of things can go wrong with any account that has done this. Items can go missing and may be permanently lost in all the jumble. IT also can cause extreme lag in the game.

#3. The items dropped in the game are more or less designed to fit the world they were dropped in. Your best option here is to decorate different rooms in a castle with a different theme or do this on separate wizards.

#4. I can see that as a good option.

#5. NO. There are enough problems with getting some of the reagents now. If those are put in the crowns shop, then you restrict players that can not afford crowns from ever being able to complete those quests let alone other items they may want to craft.

#6. Houses, Castles and certain other items have never been tradable within an account. At this point in time, I really don't think that is a good idea since many wizards before you would have liked the same options and would be very upset for it to happen now. Many have already bought many of the bundle packs for their various wizards and in a sense, this would not be fair to them.

As for the teleporters to allow your other wizards to port to other houses on the same account, I like that , but I also see where this could also glitch very badly and possibly throw the whole account into chaos. By glitching, I mean, items moving between the different wizards when they are not supposed to. This would open a whole new can of worms for support. You know you have something on one wizard and all of a sudden it is not there. Where is it? Your first reaction is going to be to contact support. It may take support quite some time to find the item if they can find a trail to follow. Glitching in some things may make that a little more difficult.
Let me clarify a few points :)

#1&2) People wouldn't be able to store thousands of items with what I had in mind. It would be 500 for gold & crown houses and 1000 with massive houses bought on bundle cards.

#3) This has to do with the shading of wood made items. Most that I'm referring to are crafted or purchased, not dropped. I do decorate a room per world in my homes, too. Some items such as dining tables and chairs do not match the wood shades of things crafted such as Kitchen cabinets and shelving units

#5) I never said make them available ONLY in the crown shop. It's giving us the option to purchase some of the ones that are rare finds required in large quantities. The option can always be added to that to be able to purchase them with large amounts of gold from the crown shop. (Items like crown houses, some mounts and clothing can be purchased with gold in the crown shop already). Someone mentioned the Aquarium, and it requiring Helephant cards which are nearly impossible to find I the bazaar. I agree. I don't want to have to create a wizard in every school and train it up in crafting just to get 1 type of tc I need. This is what I had to do in order to craft the Aquarium myself, too. Having to ask friends to craft stuff for you becomes a bit rude in my opinion because they are using their reagents to do this and we can't provide them or compensate them in any way except through crowns and tc. Not everyone uses tc, not everyone can afford crowns. Another option that definetly won't be popular is have the vendor that you buy the recipe from carry a "pack" of everything needed to make it, but for say, 40,000 gold per pack. That way you are still having to work hard to get it but it's not nearly impossible anymore.

#6)Make the change effective as of a certain date only. Many pet cards and other "special" cards come out that weren't out before. Plus it gives more reason to go out and purchase the extra cards because you can now move them around (ie Pagoda)

#7) unsure what everyone means by glitching. This is how I currently do it (as an example of this not causing any problems with my wizards or computer). I log in on my husbands account, and log in under the wizard on my account whose house I want to access. I port my husbands character to my wizards house. I log off my wizard, and log in under the one that I wanted to use to access the property. I port to my husbands character, then log him out. The houses have never had to "load" and I've never had any issues with this. The teleporter idea would eliminate all the logging in and out and having to use 2 computers. As far as items moving between wizards that aren't supposed to, not sure what you are referring to. Pagoda is no trade yet my other wizards can access it as described above. They wouldn't be able to use no trade clothes or anything like that

These are all just ideas of course

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Kimberly, I think I understand some of what goldendragon is getting at.

(1 & 2) Example: there are 30+million registered users in the US alone. Even if you put a limit of 500 to 1000 items based on the type of house/castle and let's say everyone decides to use it to keep more items. There is still going to be a data storage problem for KI. Eventually with "X" number of new players joining the game, it will still add up to more data being stored on the servers. If more data has to be stored, then what happens when KI adds new content or tries but finds that all the space they thought they had is now taken up by items being stored by players.

Let's take a look at some numbers and I am taking this from my own computer just to give you an idea of what KI has to watch in data storage.

First set is with Live game and test stored on my computer:
File size: 6.67GB or (7,165,050,880 bytes)

This one is live game only:
File size: 3.75GB or (4,032,462,848 bytes)

(this is what has been stored on my computer since I started as F2P in early Jan 2009)

Now, times at least the Live game for let's say 1/2 of the registered users and that they have been playing since early 2009 or have multiple accounts (I have 2 accounts/12 wizards).

the total munber of bytes stored by KI just for half the registered users is :

64,086,942,720,000,000 bytes. UMMMM yeah, a lot of data.

Leave ragents as they are. Crowns shop not a good idea.
No houses/castles should not be tradable at this point in the game. they never have been.
Teleporting to other wizard housing on same account, I don't agree with.