Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who should have won?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Here is a little example for all of you, think about this, then state who you think should have won and why:

Team 1: Team 1 is going first, Has a level 90 Ice in first position, as a 0 win 0 loss PvP record, never having played PvP before. Has perfect Pet, perfect gear, and a strategy in place. In second position is a level 87 Storm Warlord , Has an excellent pet, great gear, and a strategy in place. In 3rd Position, is a level 90 Balance with a record of 0 wins and 5 losses. Was using WaterWorks gear, a good wand, and a strategy in place. This is team 1, the Warlord setup the match.

Team 2: Ice is in First position, has great resistance, 82 to storm, 87 to fire, and 53 global. Ice was a level 90 Captain. In second position was a level 90 death Warlord. Finally, in last position, was a level 90 Life WarLord, with 69 global or universal resistance. This life spammed Guardian spirit when possible. Life was there for healing and that is entirely what they did.

So, who should have won this match-up?

The point of this post is, even with Ice having mass resistance, even with the Jade Armor setup and life spamming Guardian spirit, that does not guarantee anyone a victory. If you have a strategy and are prepared for anything, you can win.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
"the punchers chance" was a boxing term basically meaning anyone has a chance. I couldnt answer who i think would win because in this game its always the luck of the draw.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Darth JT on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Here is a little example for all of you, think about this, then state who you think should have won and why:

Team 1: Team 1 is going first, Has a level 90 Ice in first position, as a 0 win 0 loss PvP record, never having played PvP before. Has perfect Pet, perfect gear, and a strategy in place. In second position is a level 87 Storm Warlord , Has an excellent pet, great gear, and a strategy in place. In 3rd Position, is a level 90 Balance with a record of 0 wins and 5 losses. Was using WaterWorks gear, a good wand, and a strategy in place. This is team 1, the Warlord setup the match.

Team 2: Ice is in First position, has great resistance, 82 to storm, 87 to fire, and 53 global. Ice was a level 90 Captain. In second position was a level 90 death Warlord. Finally, in last position, was a level 90 Life WarLord, with 69 global or universal resistance. This life spammed Guardian spirit when possible. Life was there for healing and that is entirely what they did.

So, who should have won this match-up?

The point of this post is, even with Ice having mass resistance, even with the Jade Armor setup and life spamming Guardian spirit, that does not guarantee anyone a victory. If you have a strategy and are prepared for anything, you can win.
oh, darth... you didn't even tell them that said balance wizard hasn't pvp'ed since she was a grandmaster and has never done 1v1, or that my other wizard is a sergeant. this is embarrassing, lol.

but yes, he makes a good point. any team that doesn't tailor their strategy to suit the opponent will fail, and we came out on top because we went in with a plan and stuck to it; we each had a predetermined role, anticipated every possible scenario in the book, and didn't waste time with unimportant details, which gave us the edge.

most-importantly, it was a well-fought match on all sides. there was no taunting, or false-reporting; no sore losers or winners. we all had a great conversation afterwards, which ended with darth giving the other guys some sound advice.

and, to all those people who've lost every match prior to one like this?
if i can do it, so can you.

-von
level 90 balance wizard

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I would of put my bets on the Life and Ice though... xD

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Hmm, In my opinion Team 2 should have won entirely because they had a life. My opinion would be changed if any of the wizards on team 1 had life masteries.