Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chess, Checkers and Tic Tac Toe...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I have a complaint to make regarding the, in my opinion, ridiculous difficulty associated with acquiring a full set of Chess, Checkers, and to a lesser extent, Tic Tac Toe pieces.

I have spent hours at the Bazaar trying to get a full set of Chess and Checker pieces.

So far I still need 21 of 32 chess pieces, and 22 of 24 checker pieces; luckily I have completed the tic tac toe set (although this was the set I wanted the least).

I don't know how many hours KI thinks we should spend/waste on this game to acquire such mundane items like a chess or checkers set. Overall, I am thoroughly frustrated!

I should be able to go to the Bazaard and buy myself a chess set, take it home, and set it up. Why do I have to camp out at the Bazaar to get the pieces. I don't think giving access to full chess or checker set will completely unbalance the game.

Again, I can't stress enough how frustrating this (and other similar scenarios for mundane items) is, and a complete waste of my time. So much so, I am strongly considering canceling my accounts.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Klagster on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
I have a complaint to make regarding the, in my opinion, ridiculous difficulty associated with acquiring a full set of Chess, Checkers, and to a lesser extent, Tic Tac Toe pieces.

I have spent hours at the Bazaar trying to get a full set of Chess and Checker pieces.

So far I still need 21 of 32 chess pieces, and 22 of 24 checker pieces; luckily I have completed the tic tac toe set (although this was the set I wanted the least).

I don't know how many hours KI thinks we should spend/waste on this game to acquire such mundane items like a chess or checkers set. Overall, I am thoroughly frustrated!

I should be able to go to the Bazaard and buy myself a chess set, take it home, and set it up. Why do I have to camp out at the Bazaar to get the pieces. I don't think giving access to full chess or checker set will completely unbalance the game.

Again, I can't stress enough how frustrating this (and other similar scenarios for mundane items) is, and a complete waste of my time. So much so, I am strongly considering canceling my accounts.
You can buy all the pieces in these sets I believe from the Housing Shops in Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The manikins are a similar example. Something seamingly simple and desirable with no specific in-game benifit and crafting it is silly tough. Obviously achievable, but worth the effort? Can a player with a first-time wizard under level 50 get this item?

I am surprised to here that anybody would consider collecting a full chess set!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Klagster on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:

I'm pretty sure KI hasn't thought about this at because they are simply decoration. I personally don't really understand the frustration. Go to the shop in Marleybone and buy them; stop wasting your time in the bazaar for these.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Marleybone_Housing

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i went to mb houseing shop for the chess pieces