Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's Minions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
I am trying to formulate a strategy for defeating Malistaire. To do so I must know if his minions can re-spawn. Can they re-spawn?

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Malistars minions can reapear again but I do not know respawn means thank you have a good day .,,b

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Darkwillow Rushidi on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I am trying to formulate a strategy for defeating Malistaire. To do so I must know if his minions can re-spawn. Can they re-spawn?
No

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darkwillow Rushidi on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
The minions do not respawn - once you defeat them then it's just you and Malistaire left.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
Northlite on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
The minions do not respawn - once you defeat them then it's just you and Malistaire left.
Huh. When you are defeated, they do re-spawn, no matter how quickly you get back.

Re-spawning means reappearing after they're defeated.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darkwillow Rushidi on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Huh. When you are defeated, they do re-spawn, no matter how quickly you get back.

Re-spawning means reappearing after they're defeated.
I believe the term "respawn" is out of context. To me, the cheat ability of Skurkis in the final dungeon of Azteca is the correct term of "respawning." She can keep bringing back her storm minion over and over again in the same duel (without defeat). Lyon Lorestriker is another example with his Myth minions.

Minions resetting with a boss after a defeat, happens quite frequently and isn't unique (some minions do and others don't). Getting defeated and reseting a dungeon will always make a minion return with a boss.

I believe the majority of the "no" responders to your thread had a different interpretation of "respawn" than you did.

None of the MMO/urban dictionaries I could find clarified the term beyond simply....re-entering the game at a designated location on a map. Maybe someone in the community has a better way to distinguish between the two scenarios.