Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jabberwock boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
ok, i am really angry. i spent 10 dollars in henchmen for this fight, and each time he did the meteor strike and killed them in one shot.

the quest dialogue does not mention this being a cheating boss, and therefore i feel it was deceptive to not warn against using henchmen, and wasting what little money some of us have to spend on here.

so how do i proceed against this boss in avalon now? it is not a dungeon, so what do i do now?

and my other relatives that have spent much more money than i have on items, subscriptions, crowns and they are feeling very let down and contemplating not playing both wizards or pirates in the future

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
stormspyer on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
ok, i am really angry. i spent 10 dollars in henchmen for this fight, and each time he did the meteor strike and killed them in one shot.

the quest dialogue does not mention this being a cheating boss, and therefore i feel it was deceptive to not warn against using henchmen, and wasting what little money some of us have to spend on here.

so how do i proceed against this boss in avalon now? it is not a dungeon, so what do i do now?

and my other relatives that have spent much more money than i have on items, subscriptions, crowns and they are feeling very let down and contemplating not playing both wizards or pirates in the future
That's why you do the dungeon with friends. a Life wizard to heal. A Ice wizard with blades and the traps he puts in using Wooly Mammoth. And You. Bring fire shields.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Playing Jabberwok with "friends"is great if you can manage to be on line and in the same place etc. at the same time. I unfortunately don't have that option very often and rely on henchmen to get through the game at this level very frequently. I am stuck with this boss. With the final battle in Zafaria it was just a matter of hanging out for a little while and a group came a long that I could join and get through. The Jabberwock is so isolated, I have yet to come in contact with any other players in the Wild to join up with. If anyone is looking for a lvl 77 fire wizard to join, let me know where and when (what realm etc.) and I will be there.

Any other suggestions on how to beat this boss solo as a fire wizard would also be appreciated.

Sarai Thundergrove, Transcendent Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
SaraiT828 on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
Playing Jabberwok with "friends"is great if you can manage to be on line and in the same place etc. at the same time. I unfortunately don't have that option very often and rely on henchmen to get through the game at this level very frequently. I am stuck with this boss. With the final battle in Zafaria it was just a matter of hanging out for a little while and a group came a long that I could join and get through. The Jabberwock is so isolated, I have yet to come in contact with any other players in the Wild to join up with. If anyone is looking for a lvl 77 fire wizard to join, let me know where and when (what realm etc.) and I will be there.

Any other suggestions on how to beat this boss solo as a fire wizard would also be appreciated.

Sarai Thundergrove, Transcendent Pyromancer
Well as a fire wiz, you can cast quench every third round to nix his meteor strike, that should help out a lot. And be ready to hit with a big one hit spell that same round, as the big self-trap comes out right after that strike.
Other than that, hang out around the entrance in a crowded realm. Henchman will not help you that much due to the big meteor strike.
Good luck!
pods

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Yesterday my friend needed help with him so I tried helping him. He is just hard you just need some friends there like 3 or 4 to do jabberwock