Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
im a level 33 ice wizard and have just started newgate prison and i was wondering if i am a bit over leveled because most people i know have already or nearley completed marleybone by now. any sugestions?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
  • im a level 31 and in the same place so no i dont think your over leveled

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It is hard to say of you are over leveled because it depends on your playing style, battle strategies, preferred spells etc. If you find it really easy then you are over levelled, but then you will fly through it. Judge your wizard's ability when you are playing solo.

Playing with a team often does not demonstrate the basic survivabilty of your wizard because other team members may be significantly helping you without your realization. Some people think they are awesome and they are actually terrible. This is demonstrated when players do not understand/recognize feints, traps, and DoT spells. Also the enemy Aggro system means that a crumby wizard can easily survive a brutal battle by staying low and doing nothing -> very annoying for rest of team.

Some people have really high leveled wizards but don't survive well. Some people have low level wizards and perform exceptionally well.

Being over-leveled or under-leveled generally balances itself out. If you are under-leveled you may find stuff really hard but you get big XP so you level up quicker. If you are over leveled you fly through and get access to tougher areas faster.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There is no such thing as "over leveled." Everyone plays the game at their own pace. Being a higher level can only benefit you with better spells, gear, etc.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
y745 on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
im a level 33 ice wizard and have just started newgate prison and i was wondering if i am a bit over leveled because most people i know have already or nearley completed marleybone by now. any sugestions?
Those people who are lower level may not have completed side quests on their journey to Marleybone.

I just finished Marleybone on my alternate account. As I finished Big Ben, I leveled to 38. This wizard did all the side quests, the parts of grizzleheim as they opened to my level, crab alley, and Wysteria. I am not sure what level i was when i did newgate prison, but I am sure it was higher than level 33.

Hannah Lifebringer level 80 Life.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
I am the same level as you and I'm working on marleybone, it really doesn't matter in my opinion what level you are, as long as you can get the job done, why worry?