Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Total amount of Mannequins allowed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I have seen this on the forum before. Maybe there can be a solution to this problem for people that want to craft more of these items.

Arthur had said before
"You can have seven female and seven male mannequins in each area of a house.
The limit is there to help keep the frame rate reasonable. It costs a lot more time to draw a mannequin with hats, robes and boots than say a ball of yarn. If we let you place 250 mannequins your frame rate might be too low. I bet 250 mannequins would look like an army!"

Arthur

Maybe instead of saying a limit of 7. We could increase it to say 15 or say 7 only to a house area inside and also limit 7 outside? Already there are limits on the number of the items that can be put in an housing area. Just a thought. With many of the new packs and new crown gear there is a lot of clothing items that many don't want to get rid of. Just to free up room in bank, attic, or shared. Please oh Wizard Help! Thanks for listening.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Spell Bringer on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I have seen this on the forum before. Maybe there can be a solution to this problem for people that want to craft more of these items.

Arthur had said before
"You can have seven female and seven male mannequins in each area of a house.
The limit is there to help keep the frame rate reasonable. It costs a lot more time to draw a mannequin with hats, robes and boots than say a ball of yarn. If we let you place 250 mannequins your frame rate might be too low. I bet 250 mannequins would look like an army!"

Arthur

Maybe instead of saying a limit of 7. We could increase it to say 15 or say 7 only to a house area inside and also limit 7 outside? Already there are limits on the number of the items that can be put in an housing area. Just a thought. With many of the new packs and new crown gear there is a lot of clothing items that many don't want to get rid of. Just to free up room in bank, attic, or shared. Please oh Wizard Help! Thanks for listening.
I don't know for sure (just guessing), but I believe the limit is because a mannequin renders three separate graphics (hat, shirt and boots), yet only counts as one item.

So if KI was to up the limit to 15 mannequins, the total render could skyrocket to 90 just on mannequins alone!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
Is there a way to have more then 7 in a area , I have 18 male mannequins , and 7 female mannequins , 7 male and 7 female in my dorm , 7 in death house and 4 in winter wind tower , I would really love to be able to put all 18/7 in my dorm room which is 300 max capacity , pls consider removing the cap of 7 and 7. pls and thank you , David LifeMender.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
David LifeMender on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Is there a way to have more then 7 in a area , I have 18 male mannequins , and 7 female mannequins , 7 male and 7 female in my dorm , 7 in death house and 4 in winter wind tower , I would really love to be able to put all 18/7 in my dorm room which is 300 max capacity , pls consider removing the cap of 7 and 7. pls and thank you , David LifeMender.
Sorry, but if this were to happen, then the bank amount would be "destroyed" to an extent. The limit is probably because "1 for each school" (Ironic because you can only make 6 wizards, LOL), for both female's and males. Not to store your gear on them. Thats what some would probably do. Make a house JUST for mannequins, and put 250 males outside, 250 females inside (Not realistic, exaggerating, but u know what I mean..) That is a whopping extra 1500 items allowed O_O ...Makes the banks 100 look pathetic. LOL

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Sorry, but if this were to happen, then the bank amount would be "destroyed" to an extent. The limit is probably because "1 for each school" (Ironic because you can only make 6 wizards, LOL), for both female's and males. Not to store your gear on them. Thats what some would probably do. Make a house JUST for mannequins, and put 250 males outside, 250 females inside (Not realistic, exaggerating, but u know what I mean..) That is a whopping extra 1500 items allowed O_O ...Makes the banks 100 look pathetic. LOL
Ronster55 I do have to agree with you on the facts of 250 being a number to many. Thats why I asked wizard to increase it to a reasonable number "15" inside and outside a housing area. Being that the limit right now is 7 period per wizard no matter where you put them on that wizard. You can only have those 7 on that wizard. Thats a total of 21 items 7 hats, robes, and shoes.

Back to my original request was to increase this level so that we could have more room. Crafting is fun. For the wizards out there that enjoy doing so and making these items an increase from 7 to 15 or 7 per area is not much. Again you could have seven female and seven male mannequins in each area of a house.
Arthur has said before "The limit is there to help keep the frame rate reasonable. It costs a lot more time to draw a mannequin with hats, robes and boots than say a ball of yarn. If we let you place 250 mannequins your frame rate might be too low. I bet 250 mannequins would look like an army!" Arthur

I agree 250 mannequins would look like an army. Maybe a compromise would be great. Thank you again Wizard and Thank you for responding to this post.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Spell Bringer on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Ronster55 I do have to agree with you on the facts of 250 being a number to many. Thats why I asked wizard to increase it to a reasonable number "15" inside and outside a housing area. Being that the limit right now is 7 period per wizard no matter where you put them on that wizard. You can only have those 7 on that wizard. Thats a total of 21 items 7 hats, robes, and shoes.

Back to my original request was to increase this level so that we could have more room. Crafting is fun. For the wizards out there that enjoy doing so and making these items an increase from 7 to 15 or 7 per area is not much. Again you could have seven female and seven male mannequins in each area of a house.
Arthur has said before "The limit is there to help keep the frame rate reasonable. It costs a lot more time to draw a mannequin with hats, robes and boots than say a ball of yarn. If we let you place 250 mannequins your frame rate might be too low. I bet 250 mannequins would look like an army!" Arthur

I agree 250 mannequins would look like an army. Maybe a compromise would be great. Thank you again Wizard and Thank you for responding to this post.
How about 21 or some multiple of 7? :) That sounds fair enough. (21-35 I am ok with)