Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's official, every aspect of PvP is now ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Up until this new Critical system it was just Exalted PvP, now it's everything. 50-78 PvP is now completely ruined. I have been doing matches on my level 60 fire just to test the new system, I can truthfully say I have not blocked once. Sometimes against people with Critical as low as 120. The chance of getting a Critical is lower but people still commonly Critical, I understand the idea was to lower the percentage of both Block and Critical, remove the amount of Critical from having a deciding factor in if it's blocked or not and just making the amount of Block decide and also make it far less likely for any of amount of Block to stop a Critical from hitting you. Why would you lower our chance of blocking when gear gives far more Critical than it does Block? What this system does is allow any amount of Critical to land on any amount of block, it makes absolutely no sense. I understand the lower in the amount Critical counts for at max level was needed, but lowering the chance of blocking and allowing any amount of critical to land on any amount of block has just completely destroyed any fun in the game. A level 60 with 100 critical will easily land on another level 60 with 200 block for goodness sake. If the amount Block counts for is not significantly raised, this new system has destroyed PvP, I don't want to play in a meta where 100 critical can easily land on anything but 100% block, getting 100% Block is the only way to survive now and it is only possible for max levels to get, not us lower level PvPers, now we can practically block nothing. I am sad to say I believe no consideration into PvP has been taken with this new system.

Would it be possible for us to know if there will be a raise in the chances of blocking? The answer to this will decide the fate of most people who play this game for PvP.

Sorry about typos, just edited the ones I could see.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Another day of getting crit on by people with bazaar gear and baby pets. I put so much time, effort and money in my character to get the stats I have, and now I am getting landed on from novice pvpers with bazaar gear. Good job Kings isle!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Zekrr on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
Up until this new Critical system it was just Exalted PvP, now it's everything. 50-78 PvP is now completely ruined. I have been doing matches on my level 60 fire just to test the new system, I can truthfully say I have not blocked once. Sometimes against people with Critical as low as 120. The chance of getting a Critical is lower but people still commonly Critical, I understand the idea was to lower the percentage of both Block and Critical, remove the amount of Critical from having a deciding factor in if it's blocked or not and just making the amount of Block decide and also make it far less likely for any of amount of Block to stop a Critical from hitting you. Why would you lower our chance of blocking when gear gives far more Critical than it does Block? What this system does is allow any amount of Critical to land on any amount of block, it makes absolutely no sense. I understand the lower in the amount Critical counts for at max level was needed, but lowering the chance of blocking and allowing any amount of critical to land on any amount of block has just completely destroyed any fun in the game. A level 60 with 100 critical will easily land on another level 60 with 200 block for goodness sake. If the amount Block counts for is not significantly raised, this new system has destroyed PvP, I don't want to play in a meta where 100 critical can easily land on anything but 100% block, getting 100% Block is the only way to survive now and it is only possible for max levels to get, not us lower level PvPers, now we can practically block nothing. I am sad to say I believe no consideration into PvP has been taken with this new system.

Would it be possible for us to know if there will be a raise in the chances of blocking? The answer to this will decide the fate of most people who play this game for PvP.

Sorry about typos, just edited the ones I could see.
not everything have to be involved with PVP/PVE

beside chance it because try to balance it

everybody what game to be balance (thing gotta chance can involved critical/critical block) they will raise block for 3arc but should kingsisle should think this more into it because of immunity chaos but good thing jade won't good critical heal much and also lose some of there block as well? but don't think won't get rid of gear (find better resist gear or unless kingsisle nerf resist (not make 101+over resist not immune increase 200 instead for 2star Immunity! but issus with that fire/storm still be to overpower (storm mostly extremely overpower) after passing Polaris way way overpower to much freaking critical/critical block/armor pierce/damage but least can't wait to see our new scholar teacher for astral magic!

Wizard101 Scholar Teacher Names:

Ione Virga
Tarrak Hadfield
Ignus Ferric
Baba Yaga
Zander
Qismah Shasa
Jaki Whisperwind
Velma von Venkman meet her in Avalon
N/A means: unknown (NOT AVAILABLE)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
They should really fix the broken critical system I have 435 block and people with 340 Critical is now being able to critical on me its absolutely terrible. I can no longer pvp because they made the game unplayable and I really think they should do something about it

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Maybe you should re-evaluate your gear choices in light of the new conditions.

At exalted level, I think the new Crit/Block system has made pvp much more challenging and interesting.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2014
Every update ruins pvp ever since darkmoor came out. Just flashing back to hades "hyper-offensive" meta is a joke compared to now. Block is essentially useless, on my exalted balance wizard with 308 block, that's only 41% chance. Not even to mention the extremely unbalanced shadow enhanced spells, ice/balance/fire are completely useless in a 1v1 aspect (especially ice, it's literally tempest for a shadow pip).

Survivor
Jun 23, 2014
So far with my experience with the new critical/block system, it has not been positive. They said it would make if more "balanced" but the exact opposite is the case. Now with block being independent from critical, 1% critical is able to land on 99% block. You can clearly see the problem with this. That isn't even the worst part, on my exalted balance I have 308 block. This is 41% block, 41%?! Criticals are slightly more rare, but I've forgotten what the block animation looks like because criticals are still frequent enough to be game changing. I did some practice pvp, rarely blocking anything that came my way (2/10 criticals blocked to be exact). However, it just keeps getting worse. I've been watching and playing some legendary pvp, you block just about never. With roughly a 25% block chance given you have warlord wand and glendemming boots. With block nonexistant and even more shadow spells, the Polaris update was more negative than positive (disabling item cards ftw). They need to revert the system because this one is just worse, considering the fact that mobs land on you with 400 block. Yep..

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
ChicoValerian on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:

At exalted level, I think the new Crit/Block system has made pvp much more challenging and interesting.
Never blocking is challenging to you? To me it is game breaking, removes all skill.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Tyler The Squire on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
So far with my experience with the new critical/block system, it has not been positive. They said it would make if more "balanced" but the exact opposite is the case. Now with block being independent from critical, 1% critical is able to land on 99% block. You can clearly see the problem with this. That isn't even the worst part, on my exalted balance I have 308 block. This is 41% block, 41%?! Criticals are slightly more rare, but I've forgotten what the block animation looks like because criticals are still frequent enough to be game changing. I did some practice pvp, rarely blocking anything that came my way (2/10 criticals blocked to be exact). However, it just keeps getting worse. I've been watching and playing some legendary pvp, you block just about never. With roughly a 25% block chance given you have warlord wand and glendemming boots. With block nonexistant and even more shadow spells, the Polaris update was more negative than positive (disabling item cards ftw). They need to revert the system because this one is just worse, considering the fact that mobs land on you with 400 block. Yep..
I've lost all hope. While these new little things like the empty deck button, and the disable item card feature are great, what good are they if the biggest and most destructive system in the game is a complete mess? I gave up on Exalted PvP due to Shadow Enhanced spells and the fact that over 40% pierce can be reached, so now I only take part in Legendary and Grandmaster PvP. But now it will be virtually impossible for both Grandmaster and Legendary PvPers, even with a double block pet to block a single critical. Even if the person they are facing has 50 critical.

It would be a nice thing to have a major update that actually takes the PvP community into consideration.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
ChicoValerian on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:

Re-evaluate? There is no block gear that can match the critical gear at legendary pvp, it's too random, no skill required. The only people who are not complaining are the ones who never land a critical or who are always getting landed on anyways. It's broken. I'm a 76 balance, with 275 critical and I am landing criticals on exalteds with 350+ block, that shouldn't happen.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I have the perfect solution for this so called critical and block madness. First a critical should only be a percentage not doubled damage. So for example, If you have say 400 Critical rating, and say we take it out of 1000 Max. So 400 would be 40% chance and this would only do say 50% damage instead of doubled...it's to overpowered. No one likes getting killed on turn 1 or 2 Now I know people will push their ratings to like 700 and giving them 70% chance of gritting but if you think about this , if you want it to land more don't make it so high damaged... do 50% Instead of 100% that way even if they do crit and land it's only gonna be a 500-1000 increased in damage unlike the 2000-4000 that I see getting landed. Now let's talk about block. Everything is a chance here so at any given moment someone can feel unfaired due to being unlucky. They crit you don't block your almost dead, why tryy right? Well if we change it to this, then it's oh OK I can take that and still be able to fight out a few rounds.. block the same way make it out of 1000 so if they have 300-400 block that is a solid 30-40% KI are trying so hard to calculate something that can be so simple. And even if you don't block or do, you only take an extra 500-1000 damage from a whopping 2500+ that we are getting hit for. I mean if you think about it it's basicly. A chance to make your attack deal 200% more... that's extremely out of paportion KI considering we already have our attack percentage near 100% not including blades, reduce the ratio will balance it out that way even if a storm lands every time it won't be truly heartbreaking or a complete game changing on something you have almost no control of cause it is by chance.. Right; ) Please Everyone Comment and tell me your thoughts on this or improvements to this, I am a game developer for another game, So I have plenty of experience with this sort of tech calculations. It all comes down to the damage factor in the end!!!