Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Academy - Help Morganthe Today!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'm not going to say I'm not stealing ideas here, but I'd also had these ideas in 2013 before some of you reading played the game; we could help Morganthe's army. Of course, pesky Ravenwood students defeat her in Khrysalis, what is currently the final world, so I propose another game. Wizard102 (Imaginative, I know) could start in Khrysalis, with Morganthe as headmistress and her warlords acting as teachers for (Balor the Broken Fang), (Ghost Dog), (Kravenly the Hunter), Alchemy (Archmagus Lorcan), (Santa Muerte), Arts (Lord Ombra) & (Morganthe). This first post will be dedicated to what I think could be the schools taught here.

- I think that Balor would make the most sense to teach this, out of the other warlords, because he uses magic (, & are all magics) & I kind of needed to pick between him and Kravenly, because the others are just , or . The reason I think it should be taught, is because it would be interesting to see astral schools as primary schools.

- Shadow Dog was picked because Morganthe deserves to teach more, and isn't used by the warlords, but is needed to finish the astrals. This was a bit of a cop-out.

- Kravenly uses the most and is (I think) a school. It makes the most sense.

Alchemy - Morganthe knows all of Merle's enemies; she knows that he stopped teaching Alchemy. Even though it was probably nothing more than a teacher shortage, Morganthe would've probably looked into it and Archmagus Lorcan, from his title, would probably know at least some Alchemy spells. The will show Alchemy in this post.

- Santa Muerte's last name means Death (I think), and she uses it a lot; all of Morganthe's army does. Besides, it would be nice to keep a school in both the games.

Arts - Lord Ombra is a unicorn, presumably Valencian, and Valencia is most famous for their technology & art. I mainly picked this because Wysteria already has an Art teacher, so it could already a magic in the Spiral. Maybe it could have spells where colour correlates to type of spell, like red is damage, green is healing, etc. Seems like an interesting thought. The will show Arts in this post (Margherita Vizzini mentions an Art of the Sword)

- The whole world of Khrysalis is built around this magic, plus an extreme primary school would be interesting; every battle involves gambles. Plus, it would be the only Primal Magic at Khrysalis Academy.

Later Game Schools:

- Found in Krokotopia. Not sure how it would work here.

- Found in Mooshu. Could increase stats in odd ways? Maybe summon spirits or something completely new?

Tell me what you think; would you like this? Changes to any of the schools? Ideas for plot or spells? As always, leave your own thoughts in a reply and goodbye for now!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
I'm not going to say I'm not stealing ideas here, but I'd also had these ideas in 2013 before some of you reading played the game; we could help Morganthe's army. Of course, pesky Ravenwood students defeat her in Khrysalis, what is currently the final world, so I propose another game. Wizard102 (Imaginative, I know) could start in Khrysalis, with Morganthe as headmistress and her warlords acting as teachers for (Balor the Broken Fang), (Ghost Dog), (Kravenly the Hunter), Alchemy (Archmagus Lorcan), (Santa Muerte), Arts (Lord Ombra) & (Morganthe). This first post will be dedicated to what I think could be the schools taught here.

- I think that Balor would make the most sense to teach this, out of the other warlords, because he uses magic (, & are all magics) & I kind of needed to pick between him and Kravenly, because the others are just , or . The reason I think it should be taught, is because it would be interesting to see astral schools as primary schools.

- Shadow Dog was picked because Morganthe deserves to teach more, and isn't used by the warlords, but is needed to finish the astrals. This was a bit of a cop-out.

Alchemy - Morganthe knows all of Merle's enemies; she knows that he stopped teaching Alchemy. Even though it was probably nothing more than a teacher shortage, Morganthe would've probably looked into it and Archmagus Lorcan, from his title, would probably know at least some Alchemy spells. The will show Alchemy in this post.

- Santa Muerte's last name means Death (I think), and she uses it a lot; all of Morganthe's army does. Besides, it would be nice to keep a school in both the games.

Arts - Lord Ombra is a unicorn, presumably Valencian, and Valencia is most famous for their technology & art. I mainly picked this because Wysteria already has an Art teacher, so it could already a magic in the Spiral. Maybe it could have spells where colour correlates to type of spell, like red is damage, green is healing, etc. Seems like an interesting thought. The will show Arts in this post (Margherita Vizzini mentions an Art of the Sword)

- The whole world of Khrysalis is built around this magic, plus an extreme primary school would be interesting; every battle involves gambles. Plus, it would be the only Primal Magic at Khrysalis Academy.

Later Game Schools:

- Found in Mooshu. Could increase stats in odd ways? Maybe summon spirits or something completely new?

Tell me what you think; would you like this? Changes to any of the schools? Ideas for plot or spells? As always, leave your own thoughts in a reply and goodbye for now!
This is an awesome idea! In mine, you always betray the good guys, here you START as the bad guys. Totally awesome.

About agreed, even though I know absolutely nothing about her warlords, not even the Celestia one (if there even was one) as I was paralyzed by awesomeness when I met Morganthe in Celestia for the first time. I was like:

". . . FINALLY! The ultimate bad guy yet! Ooh, finally I can hear the prophecy said from directly the bad guy, and not some game guide. Ok, you escaped as predicted now let's battle whomever this guys is, 'cause Morganthe sent it against me."

Yes, muerte means death. I know this because Spanish is my primary language.

Yea, and Valencians are show offs too.

Agreed

I like the idea of having gambling in battles, just be sure to be soloable.

I'm alright with being able to learn , but just make it like in Good Guy Wizard101, choose it, get half the set of spells, and when you find the school you get the full set of spells.

Not sure . . . I may Life is too cheerful for bad guys as serious about what they're doing as Morganthe. IMO she would fear if she taught it to her army they would form an uprising. Healing school should be either or , but I'd make the healing one.

Krhysalis should be basically, defeat people, collect what the teachers want, and the end it with the big test of everything you've learned. Afterwards they decide to make you an official "agent" and send you to Krokotopia to learn about, basically you can learn a lot of things from Krokotopia: slavery, archeology, Malistaire's mission there, magic, etc.

And also there's not much debate on which will be the second world if we're having .

In conclusion: Great Idea.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Max Sterling on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
This is an awesome idea! In mine, you always betray the good guys, here you START as the bad guys. Totally awesome.

About agreed, even though I know absolutely nothing about her warlords, not even the Celestia one (if there even was one) as I was paralyzed by awesomeness when I met Morganthe in Celestia for the first time. I was like:

". . . FINALLY! The ultimate bad guy yet! Ooh, finally I can hear the prophecy said from directly the bad guy, and not some game guide. Ok, you escaped as predicted now let's battle whomever this guys is, 'cause Morganthe sent it against me."

Agreed

I'm alright with being able to learn , but just make it like in Good Guy Wizard101, choose it, get half the set of spells, and when you find the school you get the full set of spells.

Not sure . . . I may Life is too cheerful for bad guys as serious about what they're doing as Morganthe. IMO she would fear if she taught it to her army they would form an uprising. Healing school should be either or , but I'd make the healing one.

Krhysalis should be basically, defeat people, collect what the teachers want, and the end it with the big test of everything you've learned. Afterwards they decide to make you an official "agent" and send you to Krokotopia to learn about, basically you can learn a lot of things from Krokotopia: slavery, archeology, Malistaire's mission there, magic, etc.

And also there's not much debate on which will be the second world if we're having .

Oh forgot to mention:

Maybe instead of having regular White Pips, Villain main pip could be Shadow Pips! Villains can still use Power Pips though, but not White Pips.

I mean, seriously, what's the advantage of having a White Pip when you can already use Power and Shadow Pips.

Additionally Death minions could be different, because the main power source being used are not White or Power Pips, but Shadow Pips.

As for Balance minions, they could be the same but colored differently.

Last, when I means "minion" I mean the creatures you summon, not the semi-useless allies that break your traps. Just wanted to make that clear.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:

Agreed

Thanks for your feedback, and I was planning on making like the astrals in W101; not primary. And with , the same thing. But it would have to be eerier than in W101; unicorns don't intimidate.

But before that; backgrounds for the schools! New game; new backstories & all:

(Told by Balor) was originally forged when the burning warmth of & the chaotic beauty of were gifted from their conflict. This formed the unruly power of , a school that was originally taught in the underwater Celestial Academy, but when it fell; both Ravenwood & the Shadow Web found its ruins. As I grew up amidst war and thunder, I had an aptitude for magic - perhaps you do too? is unpredictable and has many uses, its school colours are orange & yellow and its gemstone is jasper.

(Told by Ghost Dog) is a shifty & mysterious magic, forged by the reclusive , tricksy & brisk . The moon itself changes into many forms, each different from the last and great at tricking opponents. Also Celestial in origin; this magic is difficult to master as it's always changing. Its school colours are white & blue and its gemstone is girasol (moonstone).

(Told by Kravenly) helps in many ways as an aiding school, increasing the power & manipulating play. But solo, wizards are just as powerful buffing themselves to overkill. Hunting is easier with stars in mind: its school colours are yellow & white and its gemstone is amber.

(Told by Morganthe) is a primal force, rejected by the creators - Grandfather Bartleby & Grandmother Raven - due its sheer power. Risks are commonplace for wizards, but its ends are worth its means. When a smart wizard, like you or I, dabbles in magic, they can grow an army capable of ransacking worlds or ending wars. It takes skill to use properly. Its school colours are black & purple and its gemstone is hematite.

I would create backstories for (different to W101), Alchemy & Arts; but I thought I'd wait until you've suggested any new schools instead.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
Not to be mean or anything the morganthe sotryline ended (obviously), amd morganthe is probably suffocated and floating in an endless space

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ah ok. So and will be obligatory secondary.

As for Master of Death. Lol, about Morganthe, but only Blaze can answer that.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
master of death o on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Not to be mean or anything the morganthe sotryline ended (obviously), amd morganthe is probably suffocated and floating in an endless space
Are you sure about that?
We didn't see her die so I wouldn't be surprised if she made a re-appearance in a future story arc.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013

Later Game Schools:

Brilliant!
*Claps at the sheer awesomeness*

Survivor
May 08, 2009
This is an exceptional idea and the whole concept of starting off as a villain in Khrydsalis is great, your idea for the schools is also intriguing. I do wonder who is going to take the place of Malistair and Morganthe as the main bosses.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Totally awesome! i think we need a choice to become a villain or not in W101. Total support for this!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Ah ok. So and will be obligatory secondary.

As for Master of Death. Lol, about Morganthe, but only Blaze can answer that.
I don't mean obligatory, but like the astrals & shadow in W101, they're there for higher wizards and you can choose.

And Morganthe is only defeated if Ravenwood finds a student powerful enough, magic touches on reality; parallel universes? Or maybe we could fight Merle in a world called Ravenwood, before he goes to stop Morganthe? Or how about she's defeated later in the game when you don't need her any more? There's plenty of ways around the first game's plot.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
But... We've defeated Morganthe. Which means if we're Morganthe's army, the wizards will defeat us, no matter what we do. Bad guys always lose. Good guys always win. It's a simple matter of calculating the power of each side and balance them. Wizards have their own intentions. They can choose spells, and it's not the computer who does it. They are more intelligent than computers, and can shield from your own class. They dance around your defenses and strengths, and can summon minions. They have more advantages than enemies. However, it would be fair if the wizards were not used by humans, but computers. If humans win the vote, we're oftenly gonna lose battles, and if we're bad guys, we can only roam around certain areas. We can't go to specific places. The enemies walk in the same area repeatedly, you can notice that. So, I'm not entirely on board with this idea.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Oni Slayer on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
But... We've defeated Morganthe. Which means if we're Morganthe's army, the wizards will defeat us, no matter what we do. Bad guys always lose. Good guys always win. It's a simple matter of calculating the power of each side and balance them. Wizards have their own intentions. They can choose spells, and it's not the computer who does it. They are more intelligent than computers, and can shield from your own class. They dance around your defenses and strengths, and can summon minions. They have more advantages than enemies. However, it would be fair if the wizards were not used by humans, but computers. If humans win the vote, we're oftenly gonna lose battles, and if we're bad guys, we can only roam around certain areas. We can't go to specific places. The enemies walk in the same area repeatedly, you can notice that. So, I'm not entirely on board with this idea.
It would be a different game than the traditional Wizard101, so it could not have the "good guys" be run by humans. We would be the "bad guys" but not traditional enemies in Wizard101, thus we would be able to walk anywhere we wanted(or had unlocked).

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I don't mean obligatory, but like the astrals & shadow in W101, they're there for higher wizards and you can choose.

And Morganthe is only defeated if Ravenwood finds a student powerful enough, magic touches on reality; parallel universes? Or maybe we could fight Merle in a world called Ravenwood, before he goes to stop Morganthe? Or how about she's defeated later in the game when you don't need her any more? There's plenty of ways around the first game's plot.
I didn't mean like "You have to spend your training points in Balance or else . . ." but rather it can't be primary. Perhaps "advanced" would've been more clear.

For the people who say Morganthe is dead:

I think this is meant to start when the First Arc starts . . . even Pirate101 started on Wizard101's first arc.

I mean, they don't reference it, but when you go to MooShu, a monk says something like:

"A necromancer came to see the emperor, asking for the key to the world of the dragons. When he declined, he fell into a deathly sleep . . ."

Or something like that. The point is it's clear enough that it's Malistaire. They even showed a "puppet" version of him (it's a puppet show).

Also, in another show named "Pets" the Aquilans describe exactly the same games that the Pet Pavillion uses. And since Ambrose said the Pet Pavillion was a new addition to Wizard City, then the games can't be so old that by 1/4 of the First Arc they're changed/added. You get the point.

Blaze:

Morganthe doesn't HAVE to die you know. Do you know the Multiple-worlds Interpretation? I'll give you an example:

You're fighting say Morganthe. You think you can take one more hit. You have a spell that can finish Morganthe, but it's low on accuracy, but you also have a charm that can increase your accuracy.

You decide to cast your accuracy charm, you take a hit, and then finish Morganthe.

However, you COULD have also decided to cast your spell right off. You take the hit, are left with no more attack spells on hand, so you have to discard. Morganthe finishes you.

Both are (theoretically) real worlds. You just decided which of them you would participate in.

So where I'm going with this, is that, instead of enlisting at Ravenwood School, you could've become a bad guy and do a bunch of bad guy stuff I'm too lazy to think of right now, and then join Morganthe (this game).

Running low on characters, but I think I covered everything I wanted to say.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
"This town needs a better classic criminal and I am going to give it to them, tell your boys they work for me.

They won't work for a freak

Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you too your pooches then we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is."

I would totally be on board for an idea like this, I have played game after game, hero after hero, savior after savior and I have always wanted a game where you were the villain from the start to the end. Instead of saving the world you are the one planning its demise. I am in every since a classic villain, and as one of my all time favorite quotes goes

"You either live long enough to see yourself become the villain, or you die a hero"

This is a spectacular idea, and one I hope will be seriously considered.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Thanks for your feedback, and I was planning on making like the astrals in W101; not primary. And with , the same thing. But it would have to be eerier than in W101; unicorns don't intimidate.

But before that; backgrounds for the schools! New game; new backstories & all:

(Told by Balor) was originally forged when the burning warmth of & the chaotic beauty of were gifted from their conflict. This formed the unruly power of , a school that was originally taught in the underwater Celestial Academy, but when it fell; both Ravenwood & the Shadow Web found its ruins. As I grew up amidst war and thunder, I had an aptitude for magic - perhaps you do too? is unpredictable and has many uses, its school colours are orange & yellow and its gemstone is jasper.

(Told by Ghost Dog) is a shifty & mysterious magic, forged by the reclusive , tricksy & brisk . The moon itself changes into many forms, each different from the last and great at tricking opponents. Also Celestial in origin; this magic is difficult to master as it's always changing. Its school colours are white & blue and its gemstone is girasol (moonstone).

(Told by Kravenly) helps in many ways as an aiding school, increasing the power & manipulating play. But solo, wizards are just as powerful buffing themselves to overkill. Hunting is easier with stars in mind: its school colours are yellow & white and its gemstone is amber.

(Told by Morganthe) is a primal force, rejected by the creators - Grandfather Bartleby & Grandmother Raven - due its sheer power. Risks are commonplace for wizards, but its ends are worth its means. When a smart wizard, like you or I, dabbles in magic, they can grow an army capable of ransacking worlds or ending wars. It takes skill to use properly. Its school colours are black & purple and its gemstone is hematite.

I would create backstories for (different to W101), Alchemy & Arts; but I thought I'd wait until you've suggested any new schools instead.
Well, I had a school in mind, but I don't think it's good enough. I'll post it anyways:

+= Water

Water Magic is a lesser magic that created Storm when it combined with others like Electricity and Air/Wind/Aether/WYWCI (Whatever-you-wanna-call-it). It has been rarely used ever as soon took it's place in the history of the Spiral.

+= Lava

Lava intensifies Fire by making it hotter, more solid, and more resistant to Storm's water attacks (like Tempest). Lava magic is slow to build up (as Lava moves slowly) but it's DoT's last longer than Fire's (Lava burns more than Fire).

Water + Lava = Obsidian

Obsidian Magic is defensive kind of Magic. It is invulnerable to almost any kind of attack and almost every magnitude. The cost: the lack of any offensiveness.

So, I guess Obsidian would be an Advanced school as well considering if it's primary you're forced to waste a training points just for attacking spells. Also I meant only for Obsidian to be added, but I had to make up the other schools for it to make sense. Again, this idea doesn't convince me very much, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't convince anyone else either.

Also it would help to know which specialty you had planned for each school (attack, defense, accuracy, drain, heals, etc.).

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Max Sterling on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I didn't mean like "You have to spend your training points in Balance or else . . ." but rather it can't be primary. Perhaps "advanced" would've been more clear.

For the people who say Morganthe is dead:

I think this is meant to start when the First Arc starts . . . even Pirate101 started on Wizard101's first arc.

I mean, they don't reference it, but when you go to MooShu, a monk says something like:

"A necromancer came to see the emperor, asking for the key to the world of the dragons. When he declined, he fell into a deathly sleep . . ."

Or something like that. The point is it's clear enough that it's Malistaire. They even showed a "puppet" version of him (it's a puppet show).

Also, in another show named "Pets" the Aquilans describe exactly the same games that the Pet Pavillion uses. And since Ambrose said the Pet Pavillion was a new addition to Wizard City, then the games can't be so old that by 1/4 of the First Arc they're changed/added. You get the point.

Blaze:

Morganthe doesn't HAVE to die you know. Do you know the Multiple-worlds Interpretation? I'll give you an example:

You're fighting say Morganthe. You think you can take one more hit. You have a spell that can finish Morganthe, but it's low on accuracy, but you also have a charm that can increase your accuracy.

You decide to cast your accuracy charm, you take a hit, and then finish Morganthe.

However, you COULD have also decided to cast your spell right off. You take the hit, are left with no more attack spells on hand, so you have to discard. Morganthe finishes you.

Both are (theoretically) real worlds. You just decided which of them you would participate in.

So where I'm going with this, is that, instead of enlisting at Ravenwood School, you could've become a bad guy and do a bunch of bad guy stuff I'm too lazy to think of right now, and then join Morganthe (this game).

Running low on characters, but I think I covered everything I wanted to say.
Alright, so I'm feeling like thinking as of now, so I'll delve into what I think should look like the story (Get it? Delve? Message Boards puns). So here goes:

I seriously have no idea if there's anything mentioned about Morganthe regarding what she was doing around Arc 1 except that she came from Avalon as Young Morganthe, she hope this doesn't conflict with any existing story:

It is the time of Arc 1. You are a part from a secret Pro-Morganthe village in Avalon. The village is made up of:

1. People who knew Morganthe from a young age.
2. People Morganthe corrupted and she left there for any reason.
3. People who for X reason support Morganthe willingly.

Your family would be from either group 1 or 3. All people of age must help Morganthe either by becoming a farmer, wizard, trader, guard, etc. You get chosen by Morganthe for wizard. Dun DUN DUUUUUUN!!! (I totally wasn't expecting that).

So an assistant takes you to Krhysalis and asks you your gender. Easily answered, we just assume the guy is one of those dumb minions that somehow end up with villains (enjoy your time with them, because there won't be many dumb villains). Blah blah, escort to Morganthe blah blah, action!

She asks you your name and presents you to the Book of Secrets: Morganthe Edition (not the canonical name). There you answer villainous-ish questions that at the end tells you which school you fit best: ,,,,, or . Of course you can always skip and try again. Then a rogue villain: Keenyester former teacher, challenges Morganthe to a duel. To da death for control over the entire operation. This functions as your tutorial.

Leave your thoughts and maybe add on to this.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Max Sterling on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Alright, so I'm feeling like thinking as of now, so I'll delve into what I think should look like the story (Get it? Delve? Message Boards puns). So here goes:

I seriously have no idea if there's anything mentioned about Morganthe regarding what she was doing around Arc 1 except that she came from Avalon as Young Morganthe, she hope this doesn't conflict with any existing story:

It is the time of Arc 1. You are a part from a secret Pro-Morganthe village in Avalon. The village is made up of:

1. People who knew Morganthe from a young age.
2. People Morganthe corrupted and she left there for any reason.
3. People who for X reason support Morganthe willingly.

Your family would be from either group 1 or 3. All people of age must help Morganthe either by becoming a farmer, wizard, trader, guard, etc. You get chosen by Morganthe for wizard. Dun DUN DUUUUUUN!!! (I totally wasn't expecting that).

So an assistant takes you to Krhysalis and asks you your gender. Easily answered, we just assume the guy is one of those dumb minions that somehow end up with villains (enjoy your time with them, because there won't be many dumb villains). Blah blah, escort to Morganthe blah blah, action!

She asks you your name and presents you to the Book of Secrets: Morganthe Edition (not the canonical name). There you answer villainous-ish questions that at the end tells you which school you fit best: ,,,,, or . Of course you can always skip and try again. Then a rogue villain: Keenyester former teacher, challenges Morganthe to a duel. To da death for control over the entire operation. This functions as your tutorial.

Leave your thoughts and maybe add on to this.
The duel should take place outside the gate to enter the Shadow Web's Fortress. Keenyester the teacher summons mutated Sivella birds. You take a deck you found in one of the shelves and attack the minions.

Since I still don't know what each school's specialty is (except maybe Death) I don't know how the tutorial would be. I'll have to be kind of vague then:

1. Explain pips.

2. Explain how to cast spells.

3. Explain health and mana globes.

4. Explain charms and wards. Both positive and negative.

5. Explain AoEs.

After you kill Keenyester (well he said it should be to the death) you are greeted by Morganthe to Khrysalis. After your game has finished downloading the stuff, you are teleported to something like "Shadow Web Palace Throne Room". It's elegant but very black and very dark. The Throne Room is massive as are the double doors. There are only 4 other people besides Morganthe and the player, guards standing in front of the door. And the back is where the Throne is. There's a black rug going all the way from the doors to the throne, and to the side there's a gigantic Spiral Map. It can be used sort of to track your progress, because when you progress into a new world in the game, it's then added to this map! That would be a cool feature IMO. The Throne Room is the equivalent of the Headmaster's House. From here you pick up all the major quests, main and side. When you exit the Throne Room it's an area called something like "The Great Hall" but I think that's something in Krokotopia, so maybe "The Grand Corridor" . . . never mind, that's used in another franchise . . . "The Hall of Shadows". That sounds cool. From here you access all other parts of the Palace. The Watchtower, The War Room, Quarters, The Gate, etc.

One last thing: I based this off something I think would look very villainous. If it's not Morganthe style, I apologize. I know next to nothing about her besides she like power and misleading enemies by telling them her plans in a riddle. Tobecontinued

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Max Sterling on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
The duel should take place outside the gate to enter the Shadow Web's Fortress. Keenyester the teacher summons mutated Sivella birds. You take a deck you found in one of the shelves and attack the minions.

Since I still don't know what each school's specialty is (except maybe Death) I don't know how the tutorial would be. I'll have to be kind of vague then:

1. Explain pips.

2. Explain how to cast spells.

3. Explain health and mana globes.

4. Explain charms and wards. Both positive and negative.

5. Explain AoEs.

After you kill Keenyester (well he said it should be to the death) you are greeted by Morganthe to Khrysalis. After your game has finished downloading the stuff, you are teleported to something like "Shadow Web Palace Throne Room". It's elegant but very black and very dark. The Throne Room is massive as are the double doors. There are only 4 other people besides Morganthe and the player, guards standing in front of the door. And the back is where the Throne is. There's a black rug going all the way from the doors to the throne, and to the side there's a gigantic Spiral Map. It can be used sort of to track your progress, because when you progress into a new world in the game, it's then added to this map! That would be a cool feature IMO. The Throne Room is the equivalent of the Headmaster's House. From here you pick up all the major quests, main and side. When you exit the Throne Room it's an area called something like "The Great Hall" but I think that's something in Krokotopia, so maybe "The Grand Corridor" . . . never mind, that's used in another franchise . . . "The Hall of Shadows". That sounds cool. From here you access all other parts of the Palace. The Watchtower, The War Room, Quarters, The Gate, etc.

One last thing: I based this off something I think would look very villainous. If it's not Morganthe style, I apologize. I know next to nothing about her besides she like power and misleading enemies by telling them her plans in a riddle. Tobecontinued
The Shadow Web Palace could be huge. The equivalent of the Commons and all the safe areas around it (Library, pavilion, Golem Court etc.). We could have a Dark Library, with books regarding dangerous spells and other arcane stuff. We could have the Dungeons, where Morganthe keeps the people she deems worth keeping alive. A War Room, where all the Warlords have meetings and do other important things.

The Hall of Shadows could also be full of guards, warlords, economy-related professions people among other things. There could also be the Laboratory. It's a place where the best wizards go to invent new things, like cloaking spells, traps, and other "cheap" but very intelligent strategies.

We could have a section made up of wizards, where they figure out strategies to outsmart Ravenwood's students.

The Graveyard would be the Academy's garden, but that doesn't sound intimidating so Graveyard instead. The wizards converge here to plant deadly plants to use to their advantage. It is also the place where they communicate with the dead.

The Solarium is kind of a training ground floating above the Academy where wizards practice their brutally damaging attacks (I think they'd be the damaging school considering how it was described).

The Lunarium is the opposite of the Solarium, and you guessed it, wizards are here. Here could be the place of a large aquarium, to see how the moon's phases affect sea creatures, and where they research dark creatures, especially from Darkmoor.

The Constellation Tower could be where the wizards forge their spells and they could be the protectors of the Shadow Web Palace.

Those places could be related to each classes' spell quests, or maybe just be the different schools in the Academy. The Academy be accessible from the Palace's Hall of Shadows.

These places are all safe areas. But maybe the Dungeons could have a quest where they're escapees? What other buildings do you think should be in the Palace or outside?

To be continued