Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria, Zeke & Empyrea?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys, I haven't been on here for a while, but a few minutes ago I remembered Wysteria, went there, tournamented a bit and then explored. And I found a gate behind Zeke that lead nowhere. I mean, it's hardly uncommon for the worlds in the Spiral to have spare doors and gates for expansion, but as I neared the gate, I remembered how Empyrea was mentioned (if I remember correctly) in the shop right next to this gate.

So, as always, I instantly had several ideas about Empyrea; starting with the name. The fiery part of Heaven and home of the Seraphim/Seraphs. Already a strong link to existing characters; Empyrea could be the home of the Seraphs. I think there should be a quest at around level 40-50 where Lady Oriel gives a tutorial tip, telling you to see her. When there, she tells you that her home world is in trouble, and that the only way to get to Empyrea that she can think of is in Wysteria. She tells you to speak with Belladonna Crisp about using the gateway.

She agrees, but only if you help her son in Krokotopia. He went with the Ember teacher (I forget his name) there, but fell ill. Krokotopians are taking care of him, but he requires a medicine made of three specific ingredients. The first is a vine from Tanglewood Lane that Captain O'Hare has, the second is Jade Lotus from Mooshu, and the third is a Cleansing Crystal in Dragonspyre. The first and third you can gain or find easily, but the second is guarded by the Death Oni, so you must defeat the Death Oni again to get it.

You take these to Krokotopia, get thanked, return to Belladonna where she gives you the key. You go to the gate and enter Empyrea, where you meet Lord Gabriel, who tells you he's been waiting for you. I could go on and on, but for once I'll leave this idea out for other people to add to.

Do you think it's good? Do you think we should battle Archangels like Ramiel or Camael? Or fallen angels like Lucifer or even Satan? A bit too far fetched? Too attached to religion? Too likely to cause offence or a good way to gather supporters? Let me know how you feel and what your ideas for this are.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
This is a very good idea. And I'm glad you included Lady Oriel. She's literally the only "major" Seraph in the game, and if she's not then she's at least remember-able.

Now, I personally don't feel offended when *cough cough* game, my religion *cough cough* other people do . . .
This would spawn controversy in PvE, and we got enough with PvP. Good idea for the quest going to Empyrea. But I don't think it should be in level 50. Far too many quests made by players have been requested to be put on level 50. And I don't think you can put it lower since you need a Dragonspyre crystal.

Zafaria is pretty hard IMO, so maybe in the levels between Celestia and Zafaria?

Now, battling . . . religious beings . . . that would create HUUUGE-. Actually, scratch that.

Quick history lesson:

Back when generation 2 of Pokémon was released there was already many religious controversies. And seriously, how much controversy can a kid-friendly show/game like Pokémon create? Well a lot.

My opinion:

I'm not personally offended by your idea, but I think KI may fall from the controversy, because people are easily offended these days . . . easily . . . But there's gotta be a way to make this right? Right?

P.S. Lucifer and . . . uh . . . that second *cough* guy are the same person, just in different times.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
Umm fighting the devil may be pushing it to far maybe something like dark seraphs or something along those lines because it may offend a lot of people

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on May 22, 2015 wrote:
This is a very good idea. And I'm glad you included Lady Oriel. She's literally the only "major" Seraph in the game, and if she's not then she's at least remember-able.

Now, I personally don't feel offended when *cough cough* game, my religion *cough cough* other people do . . .
This would spawn controversy in PvE, and we got enough with PvP. Good idea for the quest going to Empyrea. But I don't think it should be in level 50. Far too many quests made by players have been requested to be put on level 50. And I don't think you can put it lower since you need a Dragonspyre crystal.

Zafaria is pretty hard IMO, so maybe in the levels between Celestia and Zafaria?

Now, battling . . . religious beings . . . that would create HUUUGE-. Actually, scratch that.

Quick history lesson:

Back when generation 2 of Pokémon was released there was already many religious controversies. And seriously, how much controversy can a kid-friendly show/game like Pokémon create? Well a lot.

My opinion:

I'm not personally offended by your idea, but I think KI may fall from the controversy, because people are easily offended these days . . . easily . . . But there's gotta be a way to make this right? Right?

P.S. Lucifer and . . . uh . . . that second *cough* guy are the same person, just in different times.
Thanks for your review of this idea, and I agree that controversy is a serious problem that could occur if this idea was put in place, but Pokémon never shut down and went on to become one of the most famous gaming franchises so far. This expansion (if even used) would be a gamble, so I wouldn't blame KI if they didn't use it, but I for one would enjoy such an expansion.

P.S. The way I remember Christian (as I say) lore in terms of deities is that there's God, seven Archangels, seven Princes of Hell and many many other angels, fallen angels and demons. To me, Lucifer and, to avoid any offence I may have unintentionally cause, the other guy I mentioned are different.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
myth rocks on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Umm fighting the devil may be pushing it to far maybe something like dark seraphs or something along those lines because it may offend a lot of people
I thought that the fallen angels would be quite controversial. Perhaps, as you suggested, dark seraphs, or possibly Nephilim (children of angels & men) or cherubim, thrones or other types of angels could be evil.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on May 23, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for your review of this idea, and I agree that controversy is a serious problem that could occur if this idea was put in place, but Pokémon never shut down and went on to become one of the most famous gaming franchises so far. This expansion (if even used) would be a gamble, so I wouldn't blame KI if they didn't use it, but I for one would enjoy such an expansion.

P.S. The way I remember Christian (as I say) lore in terms of deities is that there's God, seven Archangels, seven Princes of Hell and many many other angels, fallen angels and demons. To me, Lucifer and, to avoid any offence I may have unintentionally cause, the other guy I mentioned are different.
Thanks, and that Pokémon thing is true, and I wouldn't playing this either.

Anyways, we could first replace the word "angel" completely to "Seraph", and "fallen angel/demon" to "Dark/Fallen Seraph". Or maybe Dragons. Also replace the names of archangels, and instead of 7 Princes of Hell only 6.

The reasoning for this is that 777 is considered the "Good number", and 666 "the bad number" because it's always one step behind redemption or something. The Dragon part is because Lucifer escaped his prison by transforming into a dragon-like creature and escaping.

Anyways, in the likely scenario that people find out the subtle changes, this should be able to work as a failsafe:

A) No important Seraph dies.
B) Fallen Seraphs are eventually defeated/locked down.

I do think it's possible to turn this "gambling expansion" into KI's side, though.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
how about instead of the devil we fight haitis the god of the underworld from greek mythology since w101 does have a greek god theme'd realm anyway

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
prettydevil95 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
how about instead of the devil we fight haitis the god of the underworld from greek mythology since w101 does have a greek god theme'd realm anyway
We already have Hades in Aquila, and this topic is mainly focused on Empyrea and possibly a connection in Wysteria/with Seraphs.

And in response to Max Sterling, it sounds like a good plan, but two things. Firstly, I never planned on any important Angels/Seraphs to die/be defeated. Secondly, I think just Seraphs is a bit dull, how about also having Cherubs (like Seraphs) and maybe also Thrones?

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on May 25, 2015 wrote:
We already have Hades in Aquila, and this topic is mainly focused on Empyrea and possibly a connection in Wysteria/with Seraphs.

And in response to Max Sterling, it sounds like a good plan, but two things. Firstly, I never planned on any important Angels/Seraphs to die/be defeated. Secondly, I think just Seraphs is a bit dull, how about also having Cherubs (like Seraphs) and maybe also Thrones?
Yea, none of the other worlds have had only a single type of creature.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ideas for Empyrea creatures (including which school they're most likely to belong to):

Seraphs: Home world of the Seraphs. Dominant creature in Empyrea.

Fallen Seraphs: Seraphs who succumbed to the Dark Forces of Empyrea, and are now pawns in a bigger game.

Death Dragons: The Dark Forces of Empyrea. Masters of the fallen Seraphs and have always wanted to take over Empyrea, because of the potential to rule the Spiral.

Archseraphs: More powerful Seraphs. Rulers of Empyrea.

Unicorns (normal unicorns, not humanoid unicorns like Diego and Valencia): Keep order in the Land of Empyrea (Not sky. Seraphs got that).

Minotaurs: Yea, there've been some minotaurs here and there, but their home world has never been mentioned, I believe. If so, this is where all minotaurs come from.

Storm Clouds (appear as a ship power in Pirate101): Normally keep to themselves, but if annoyed, they get cranky and go on an all-out rage.

Fallen Helephants: Elite minions of the Death Dragons.

Frost Giant descendants: I think it was you Blaze, who stated the Titans we summon are descendants of the frozen Titans. Giants ruled the skies, and this is basically a sky-based world so . . .

Sky squids: Just there . . .

Those are my ideas for the inhabitants of Empyrea.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Ideas for Empyrea creatures (including which school they're most likely to belong to):

Seraphs: Home world of the Seraphs. Dominant creature in Empyrea.

Fallen Seraphs: Seraphs who succumbed to the Dark Forces of Empyrea, and are now pawns in a bigger game.

Death Dragons: The Dark Forces of Empyrea. Masters of the fallen Seraphs and have always wanted to take over Empyrea, because of the potential to rule the Spiral.

Archseraphs: More powerful Seraphs. Rulers of Empyrea.

Unicorns (normal unicorns, not humanoid unicorns like Diego and Valencia): Keep order in the Land of Empyrea (Not sky. Seraphs got that).

Minotaurs: Yea, there've been some minotaurs here and there, but their home world has never been mentioned, I believe. If so, this is where all minotaurs come from.

Storm Clouds (appear as a ship power in Pirate101): Normally keep to themselves, but if annoyed, they get cranky and go on an all-out rage.

Fallen Helephants: Elite minions of the Death Dragons.

Frost Giant descendants: I think it was you Blaze, who stated the Titans we summon are descendants of the frozen Titans. Giants ruled the skies, and this is basically a sky-based world so . . .

Sky squids: Just there . . .

Those are my ideas for the inhabitants of Empyrea.
Great thoughts, but in an, essentially, , & world; I don't think Helephants or Frost Giant descendants should be there. Instead, I think Lady Oriel should have a sister (Oriel being an Archangel) called Lady Zadkiel (Archangel [Archseraph in this case] of mercy) who would guide us through the world and reveal that Seraphs were created when the Dragons & Tritons crashed: they created the unstable paradise of Empyrea where the Guardians of , or Seraphs, now live. A great backstory that fits with canon too. I think Sky Squids could be more of ambient creatures, like pets and reagents like Cherubic Sky Squid ( pet) & Sky Squid Ink (/ reagent). I think Minotaurs fit better with Aquila (Greek creatures/Greek world), and the Dragons could be a small leap that might work perfectly or terribly; I don't know which. With that in mind, I think Lady Zadkiel could guide us through a civil war between Dragons (of all schools) & Nebulae (Storm creatures resembling clouds); where we need to recreate peace by helping captured or injured Seraphs to show them how joins the two. Also I have some ideas for the zones:

Fountain of Jophiel (Archseraph of beauty, 'Commons' area), Aquarius Citadel (Aquarium for Sky Squids, Nebulae Frontier, Celestia-style) & Wispy Oasis (Peaceful Nebulae area, cloud-ground effect, lots of wisps) - Free!

Camael's Garden (Archseraph who drove Adam & Eve from Eden with a flaming sword, Eden-themed, Dragon Frontier) & Yard of Sammael (Archseraph of Death, Graveyard, spirits & dragons) - 1,500 Crowns.

Royal Palace (Archseraphs Michael, Raphael & Gabriel live here, includes Royal Gardens that has a magical tree that gives 1 seed 24 hours) - 1,500 Crowns.

Smoky Paths of Void (Nebulae leaders & powerful Nebulae here) & Ramiel's Fort (Dungeon where Archseraph of thunder Ramiel is being used by Nebulae) - 1,500 Crowns.

Draconian Bridge (creatures from DS) & Drakon Lair (Dungeon where Dragons are fought) - 1,500 Crowns.

World Price - 6,000 Crowns.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
Great thoughts, but in an, essentially, , & world; I don't think Helephants or Frost Giant descendants should be there. Instead, I think Lady Oriel should have a sister (Oriel being an Archangel) called Lady Zadkiel (Archangel [Archseraph in this case] of mercy) who would guide us through the world and reveal that Seraphs were created when the Dragons & Tritons crashed: they created the unstable paradise of Empyrea where the Guardians of , or Seraphs, now live. A great backstory that fits with canon too. I think Sky Squids could be more of ambient creatures, like pets and reagents like Cherubic Sky Squid ( pet) & Sky Squid Ink (/ reagent). I think Minotaurs fit better with Aquila (Greek creatures/Greek world), and the Dragons could be a small leap that might work perfectly or terribly; I don't know which. With that in mind, I think Lady Zadkiel could guide us through a civil war between Dragons (of all schools) & Nebulae (Storm creatures resembling clouds); where we need to recreate peace by helping captured or injured Seraphs to show them how joins the two. Also I have some ideas for the zones:

Fountain of Jophiel (Archseraph of beauty, 'Commons' area), Aquarius Citadel (Aquarium for Sky Squids, Nebulae Frontier, Celestia-style) & Wispy Oasis (Peaceful Nebulae area, cloud-ground effect, lots of wisps) - Free!

Camael's Garden (Archseraph who drove Adam & Eve from Eden with a flaming sword, Eden-themed, Dragon Frontier) & Yard of Sammael (Archseraph of Death, Graveyard, spirits & dragons) - 1,500 Crowns.

Royal Palace (Archseraphs Michael, Raphael & Gabriel live here, includes Royal Gardens that has a magical tree that gives 1 seed 24 hours) - 1,500 Crowns.

Smoky Paths of Void (Nebulae leaders & powerful Nebulae here) & Ramiel's Fort (Dungeon where Archseraph of thunder Ramiel is being used by Nebulae) - 1,500 Crowns.

Draconian Bridge (creatures from DS) & Drakon Lair (Dungeon where Dragons are fought) - 1,500 Crowns.

World Price - 6,000 Crowns.
Good idea. But, at which level would we get to Empyrea? Between Celestia and Zafaria?

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I like this idea kinda sorta, but I would rather see Empyrea as a main world, considering the events that closed off the end of the second arc.

And theres nothing wrong with a world that heavily references Christian lore, most other worlds do that with other cultures. But since Christianity is still a very prevalent religion, I believe minor name changes would be in order.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I can see Grandfather Spider attempting to bring down Empyrea, the home of light magic. You go into Empyrea to learn light magic, which is the only way to conquer shadow magic.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Max Sterling on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
Good idea. But, at which level would we get to Empyrea? Between Celestia and Zafaria?
Whoops, you had already mentioned that in your original post.

As for BananaSlug, that's a good idea, but since KI is probably already working on it right now . . . still, they might make this Empyrea storyline nonetheless.