Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic and Its Future

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Ok, yes I am bringing up the overly repeated topic once again. At first, I didn't mind shadow strike, I was a low level promethean never really saw many shadow users in pvp. Then I started to level up and I started to see more, and more, and soon 90% of people I faced were either using a shadow morph or a shadow enhanced spell, only a few ,like myself, chose not to use shadow magic. So I was battling a storm wizard, he gets a shadow pip so I double storm shield: 2 -70% shields and he attacks with glowbug, obviously the first is a 0 but the second turns into a -36%?! He criticals and I don't block= 6270 damage in total, and that told me something is seriously wrong. My resist was 40%, I have the full hades fire set, plus the 36% remaining shield and he was still able to do 2,000 more that my total health. Something needs to change. I calculated it and his natural pierce is 54%, remember this is without infallible, shrike, or any spear of any kind, this makes my resist completely and utterly useless, but we don't know if he added a sun enchantment to it as well. The total pierce was 104%

My point shadow strike needs to be nerfed, it was a problem before darkmoor, now its a complete overkill. Normal wizards do not have 70%+ resist so what's the point? Not to mention storm can easily go over 90% damage prior to shadow magic. Now they have super high damage, pierce, and accuracy from darkmoor gear. Shadow Strike was made to kill turtles, but for those who aren't turtles it's a complete massacre. Here is my suggestion:

Shadow Strike: 1 SP; +30% pierce; +15% damage; -25% health

Also the max natural pierce for a person should never go past 30%, that's just ridiculous. You guys and gals see this in darkmoor, regular enemies have 15% natural pierce ,more than me by the way, and the bosses have 50% pierce, this is was over the top and I just want everything to be fair again.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i don't agree. I am tired of people asking for nerfs because they are having problems In pvp.
newsflash pvp isn't the only thing that matters and players need these cards for questing and farming

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Arcanexo on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Ok, yes I am bringing up the overly repeated topic once again. At first, I didn't mind shadow strike, I was a low level promethean never really saw many shadow users in pvp. Then I started to level up and I started to see more, and more, and soon 90% of people I faced were either using a shadow morph or a shadow enhanced spell, only a few ,like myself, chose not to use shadow magic. So I was battling a storm wizard, he gets a shadow pip so I double storm shield: 2 -70% shields and he attacks with glowbug, obviously the first is a 0 but the second turns into a -36%?! He criticals and I don't block= 6270 damage in total, and that told me something is seriously wrong. My resist was 40%, I have the full hades fire set, plus the 36% remaining shield and he was still able to do 2,000 more that my total health. Something needs to change. I calculated it and his natural pierce is 54%, remember this is without infallible, shrike, or any spear of any kind, this makes my resist completely and utterly useless, but we don't know if he added a sun enchantment to it as well. The total pierce was 104%

My point shadow strike needs to be nerfed, it was a problem before darkmoor, now its a complete overkill. Normal wizards do not have 70%+ resist so what's the point? Not to mention storm can easily go over 90% damage prior to shadow magic. Now they have super high damage, pierce, and accuracy from darkmoor gear. Shadow Strike was made to kill turtles, but for those who aren't turtles it's a complete massacre. Here is my suggestion:

Also the max natural pierce for a person should never go past 30%, that's just ridiculous. You guys and gals see this in darkmoor, regular enemies have 15% natural pierce ,more than me by the way, and the bosses have 50% pierce, this is was over the top and I just want everything to be fair again.
It is a Shadow SHRIKE.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Errol Everhart on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
It is a Shadow SHRIKE.
Beat me to it

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Shrike is perfect. I like it just the way it is.
More shadow pips please :D

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Arcanexo on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:

I agree

its time to Nerf it

1 it makes pvp to unfair and give players to much power

2 if your having to price to get threw someone resistance it means it time to lower the resistance on the gear there using because nobody should be able to get 100% resistance that was just not thought out in the first place

3 storm ice fire death myth life and balance are all getting stronger power yes but this is getting RD with shrike and making pvp crazy unfair just yesterday i seen a ice take down a team using shrike and snow angel they didn't even have that much resistance when i check there gear they had like 45 resistance to all gem 50 ice resistance 135 power 267 critical and 100 critical block

finely to sum it all up shrike needs to have something done about it and so dose the resistance in this game and balance of the school and there no fighting what i said with because this is hardcore facts people

level 93 storm
level 100 ice