Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options for locked chat users

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Although I have full open chat, I like to make use of the lock chat feature to talk to others with restricted chat. I now have 2 level 100 wizards, and have fought many cheating bosses. However, there is not a way to ask a user "have you done this before?" or "do you know about the cheats here?". I understand it will be difficult to explain the cheats through the locked chat feature, but perhaps also an option to say "There are cheats here" or "research the cheats on the Wizard101 Wiki!"

And just as a side note; people with locked chat have great perseverance to get all the way to level 100, good job if this applies to you

Scarlet FireMask, 100
Scarlet SparkleDust, 100

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
yea i think more chat options should be added to people who are muted

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
I could agree but i also think that there should be chat things like "let`s go to a spirals cup gauntlet" or stuff like that. I also think that in chat there should be chat that all people can use that`s free than using the private messaging on wiz central. (like open chat for everyone)

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Scarlet SparkleDus... on Mar 7, 2015 wrote:
Although I have full open chat, I like to make use of the lock chat feature to talk to others with restricted chat. I now have 2 level 100 wizards, and have fought many cheating bosses. However, there is not a way to ask a user "have you done this before?" or "do you know about the cheats here?". I understand it will be difficult to explain the cheats through the locked chat feature, but perhaps also an option to say "There are cheats here" or "research the cheats on the Wizard101 Wiki!"

And just as a side note; people with locked chat have great perseverance to get all the way to level 100, good job if this applies to you

Scarlet FireMask, 100
Scarlet SparkleDust, 100
Yep. Agreed. Our account is Menu Chat only because my son is 9. Probably when he's older we'll open up his options, but I don't think that will happen any time soon regardless, since he's behind on his reading skills.

It has certainly slowed my wizard's progress, as menu-chat-only has hampered my wizard's ability to gather players for some of the more difficult (yet not particularly popular) dungeons. I *finally* leveled up enough to get through Jotun and his brothers on my own (barely!). In order to succeed on my own, I had to get to level 54 and learn "Giant", equip my enchanted armament pet from Olympus (who, at Ancient, gives me two sharpened blades) and also spent lots of gold on Feint and Vengeance. Grettir / Winterdeep ended up being more difficult than Jotun himself, surprisingly. In fact, Vengeance is the only reason I managed to hold my own against Grettir, as I lucked out when I went critical on a healing spell just in time.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
oh man this would be so useful: flee then teleport back!

also: let's go to the bazaar

and: I like your mount

how is that mount thing not in the game.

don't forget: let's farm (insert available/playable dungeon here, such as darkmoor or something)

last but not least: I don't know (as in you can say I don't know, when someone asked a question and you're responding).