Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backdraft why doesn't it stack?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I am wondering why regular backdraft and a potent backdraft don't stack? They are two completely different spells at this point. If it is because of PVP then make it a non-PVP use spell. Seems to me you are nerfing fire and catering again to storm because I know that both regular + sharpened supercharge spells will go off at the same time. Would just like an explanation by a Kingsisle Administrator. I have seen another post that was not answered by an administrator, but his answer was a guess.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
pikakebabe on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
I am wondering why regular backdraft and a potent backdraft don't stack? They are two completely different spells at this point. If it is because of PVP then make it a non-PVP use spell. Seems to me you are nerfing fire and catering again to storm because I know that both regular + sharpened supercharge spells will go off at the same time. Would just like an explanation by a Kingsisle Administrator. I have seen another post that was not answered by an administrator, but his answer was a guess.
Are you sure they don't stack? It has a been awhile since I stacked them, but I do remember them being stackable awhile ago.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't play Fire, so I've never tested it. It doesn't make sense to me though. Supercharge stacks with Sharp Supercharge, TC Supercharge, TC Sharp Supercharge, Item Sharp Supercharge, and Pet Sharp Supercharge. Makes no sense why potent wouldn't work the same as it does with all other traps as well.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
My questing partner is Fire
His Backdrafts stack

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have tried stacking backdraft and have never been able to. Really, the biggest reason for using backdraft is for the one in a million badge. Im sure there are some uses in regular play, but not many.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
I have noticed that regular, potent, item card, and tc backdrafts do stack, but TC Potent Trapped enchanted backdrafts do not stack with potent or regular tc backdrafts.

Sean Firesword

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Sean Firesword on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed that regular, potent, item card, and tc backdrafts do stack, but TC Potent Trapped enchanted backdrafts do not stack with potent or regular tc backdrafts.

Sean Firesword
There are TC Backdrafts?! From where??

I'd love a source for TC Backdraft, or to have the card on a pet or athame (not an amulet, I need mastery there).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
There are TC Backdrafts?! From where??

I'd love a source for TC Backdraft, or to have the card on a pet or athame (not an amulet, I need mastery there).
TC of Backdraft can only be made from TC Potent cards. Not sure what he's talking about with regular TC Backdraft. There aren't any to my knowledge.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
seethe42 on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
TC of Backdraft can only be made from TC Potent cards. Not sure what he's talking about with regular TC Backdraft. There aren't any to my knowledge.
Sorry, I meant to say item card Backdraft instead.

Sean Firesword