Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secret boss castle darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Has anyone done the secret boss in castle darkmoor if so does he give any good drops?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
A group of 4 of us beat him. It was the hardest boss by far I have seen in this game so far. I pity all causal gamers who face him; they will be in for a rough time.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
My apologies, I submitted last post before answering your question....YES, the drops were amazing for everyone who participated. I am not sure if they were worth the incredible effort to attain though, most of us were left in the fetal position sucking our thumbs when it was all over.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
After first try which was extremely hard figured out easy way to beat him. Dont worry about heals.
Party = 1 Hitter 2 death dispellers 1 blader.
Basically 3 or 4 round fight have dispellers cast strangle ech round to stack them up easy way make quick deck with only death dispel in gold deck.
blader cast balde or feint/school traps on boss
Hitter blade self with no cost blades by round 3 or 4 one shot

we did this over and over with balance/death for blade dispel
Death for dispel
Fire for blade and feint
Storm to hit

hope this helps

Valkoor Hexweilder lvl100 Balance

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I really like the gear and items from this dungeon really i do but the game has finally gone over the level of difficulty im willing to put up with and the time I'm willing to put in. Ill probably continue to see whats for the next world but these some of these dungeons need the dial turned down.

Side note the little egg shaped wands from marleybones dungeon are adorable.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
So where is the secret boss located, and exactly what does he drop?

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
hopefulz33 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
So where is the secret boss located, and exactly what does he drop?
If i remember correctly there is a door with a skull lock on it on the way to the observatory in the first dungeon. I cant remember where the other doors are but seeing that the doors are huge with glowy skull locks its pretty hard to miss. Most of them drop things like pets, a sort of mid range gear set and pets. I here some of them even drop mounts from packs.