Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potions for pet hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
I would like to see a purchasable potion that allows a baby pet to show its talent/derby slots.

Some of the slots can be deduced with the guides out on the net but there are many instances where several talent/derby slots can be filled by multiple parent choices. It is already expensive to hatch and go to mega but it would be very nice to know the unknown talent/derby slots for us wizards who love to create pets and share hatches with the Spiral.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Been suggested many times, will never happen. It would be bad for business for them to sell this. Lower snack pack sales, lower energy refill sales, lower seed sales to grow snacks. If you love to create pets you should embrace and enjoy the way it currently works. Your potion would take all the mystery out of it and would also make people less likely to hatch with others, once they get their perfect pets they'll just stop with pets.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
It could be a potion that only works once a pet is Mega. No loss in cash for the business. Oh, I have embraced the whole pet operation. Just would like to know the un-manifested slots. To your point - there is always another pet to perfect. New ideas and combos are always sitting there to be created in a pet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The slots are really very obvious. There's rare conditions where you have only one talent between two others that is rare or whatever and two possible rare talents fit. The talent orders are well documented and at the point you are at in hatching you should know by now what all 10 possible talents are.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
Not all cases is it possible to determine - even with order an parent's talent slots known. Once you are further down in generations, I would say you can guarantee 8 talents are known. But sometimes knowing the last 1 or 2 for sure - really helps. If two "ordered" epic talents can squeeze into a slot, you can not be sure unless that slot manifests in that hatch or a later hatch. Having a potion to expose the unknown slots at Mega would be something I would purchase in my trek for a perfect talent pool.