Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School For Soloing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Hello, Wizards of The Spiral! I'm looking for input on which school has the best qualities to solo most of Wizard101. Don't be afraid to really state your position in this debate. Try to give as much proof as you can. Here are my Wizards:
Gavin SandSong -Level 42
Gavin FrostWeaver -Level 21
Gavin MythMender -Level 28
Gavin LifeMender -Level 32
Gavin SpellWeaver -Level 11
Gavin StormSong -Level 1
See you in the Spiral! Friend me if you see me!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The Doctor501 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Hello, Wizards of The Spiral! I'm looking for input on which school has the best qualities to solo most of Wizard101. Don't be afraid to really state your position in this debate. Try to give as much proof as you can. Here are my Wizards:
Gavin SandSong -Level 42
Gavin FrostWeaver -Level 21
Gavin MythMender -Level 28
Gavin LifeMender -Level 32
Gavin SpellWeaver -Level 11
Gavin StormSong -Level 1
See you in the Spiral! Friend me if you see me!
Proof? What you will get are opinions.

The easiest for me to solo with is the only one you don't have: Death. With all the blades/traps, etc., and drains, I don't even have a healing spell in my deck.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Death is the best school for beginners and soloing.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I'm with RavenLady777 on this one.... Death. My necromancer (who is set to run the second Eclipse Tower in Khyrsalis and hit the level cap) was able to solo all but the most difficult instances and dungeons with little difficulty until Azteca. (Azteca was a slog! I was frustrated and felt like I'd "hit a wall" in the game in Azteca more than once.) My best friend in real life and the person who introduced me to the game had a similar experience with her necromancer (now level 98 and set to run the second Eclipse Tower). Both of these necromancers leave battles (even dungeons and instances) with at least nearly-full health more often than not thanks to Death's drain spells.

My other two wizards (a level 40 Pyromancer who just started Mooshu and a nearly level 20 Sorcerer in the Pyramid of Fire in Krok) have been able to solo almost everything to this point as well, but my necromancer was able to with the most ease of the three (especially after she hit level 48 and trained 'crow!!!) while my pyromancer has the most difficulty (until I'm able to boost her accuracy).

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Master Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Journeyman Sorcerer

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
For me I find I'm able to solo best as a Fire with life secondary. I've gotten through most things by myself with only later dungeons and bosses giving me trouble. Sure the fizzle rate does hamper things but I can work around them quite easily.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I've done lots of soloing. My Ice and Storm are mainly solos/ Though now that my ice is in the higher levels and worlds[in azteca now] it's harder. I invariably have to use crowns for henchmen with boss fights or scream for help if friends are on. I'm in celestia with my storm and it's getting a little tougher but that's because of storms low health globe compared to some other schools.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Thanks guys! I think I'll try for a while and maybe my with secondary . I appreciate your help on my situation. Happy travels through the Spiral!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
While many have different opinions, I find it easiest to solo on Ice or Storm.
Both have different tactics.
Storm - Hit fast and hard
Ice - Tank, power up, and wait to attack when at full power.