Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoyance of certain spells

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
This may sound dumb, but I'd like to change the level spear spells are earned at to 78, because there is a spell for levels 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, 68, and 88, but not 78 or 98.
I guess technically the level 98 spells could be the shift spells, but those are moon spells, and so I'm not perfectly pleased with them.
Also, to perfectly fix 98, why not add another utility spell?

Lastly, does anyone use the spear spells? I'd rather completely remove a shield than use a firespear on it to partially remove it.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I have no real issue with that. I'm so overleveled I probably won't get it until 80 anyway.
Yes, people do use spears, although less commonly. They are intended for PvP to supplement armor piercing from gear/Infallible.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Likely they were created for PvP. Without shields, many players still had resist. The spear spells gave players a chance to reduce someone's resist.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Spears are helpful in PvE under certain circumstances.

If my partner doesn't have a lot of piercing ability, and we face bosses that produce a lot of shields, my balance brings spears and spear tc to help out.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Here is a idea. You should take away from all schools if your just going to be taking away from balance constantly. Please change the accuracy of supernova back to at least 75 because you have made it useless when fighting and I have seen no other school have theirs decreased. I have also noted that when you finally give us balance wizards something specific to us you nerf it all the time but don't do it to either of the elemental schools preferably storm or fire. Heck storm don't even need accuracy boost anymore as ki has catered to all of their so called weaknesses. I mean really why even make myth balance or life as it seems the other schools have your attention. Death gets snubbed on this as well. And for the record what genious decided that storm should get a healing spell when they already have more then double the hit then all other schools and myth gets left with nothing. Anything to combat fire and storm is always taken away why is that?