Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i need a quest buddy :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Okay I am super stuck on quests. I don't know if its just because I'm life or if it's just that I'm lazy but I am like super stuck. I cant kill any dinos without dying in like 2-4 rounds. Oh and boss battles lol, well lets just say when I battle bosses I'm dead in like 1-2 rounds lol. And if I have crowns I have to constantly buy henchmen to help cause I cant get fluffy (forest lord) or gnomes to show up, so please if there's anyone out there who wants to be quest buddies reply and i'll leave time, date, and what time i'm usually on. Thanks!

Victoria lvl 81 (I think lol)
Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
w101girl1088 on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Okay I am super stuck on quests. I don't know if its just because I'm life or if it's just that I'm lazy but I am like super stuck. I cant kill any dinos without dying in like 2-4 rounds. Oh and boss battles lol, well lets just say when I battle bosses I'm dead in like 1-2 rounds lol. And if I have crowns I have to constantly buy henchmen to help cause I cant get fluffy (forest lord) or gnomes to show up, so please if there's anyone out there who wants to be quest buddies reply and i'll leave time, date, and what time i'm usually on. Thanks!

Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12
Gear becomes very important in this world. My life wizard used the Crafted helmet from Wintertusk for the extra blade and Waterworks robe and boots but you could craft the Wintertusk robe and use the Rapture boots. My ring and atheme are levels 56/58 for the pips they give. I use the Wryd-Oak Staff for block as mine ends up being short.

The idea is to get as close as you can if not at 100% pip chance because our all around requires 8 pips to cast.

I set up two decks, one for mobs and one for bosses and you can name them now. Typical mob deck is 2 Life Blades, one Sprite, one Shepra, 2 Forest Lords, 2 Colossal. The idea is to blade from helmet, 45%, regular life blade, 40% and then on 3rd round run a Colossaled Forest Lord. Make sure to stack spare cards in your side board or train reshuffle. If someone joins you may also need the spare cards for that.

For boss deck you of course need to add more, the tri blade/trap, I trained Death to Feint, 1 Gnomes, 2 Forest Lords, Centaur are handy too, 3 Life Blades, 2 Life traps, 1 Satyr, 3 Colossal, etc. Mix and match till you find what works for you. Add converts as needed.

Lastly a helpful pet. I have currently swayed toward the Enchanted Armament pets as they provide Sharpen Blades but any pet that healing talents may help. I hatch with anyone who asks as I have ones that have gotten Spell Proof, Fairy Friend and Unicorn pretty regular now. My Energizing Bunny with similar stats is also popular but I usually only use them on wizards that already have sharpen blade and if I am helping as the 2 pip healing current is handy to have in my deck.

Did you get your level 75 Minion? In boss fights he may be an asset.

A lot of work involved but it does help make the game go a little smoother. Always be on the look out for others you maybe able to join with. Team up is mixed bag but may help for some things.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the advice on deck setup and gear, my only problem is I cant even get gargantuan for some reason so I've been using giant. Also with gear I've been using:
Black Star Eagles Helm: +120 health, +5 power pip chance, +1 accuracy and piercing, +25 critical and +7 damage universal
Three Color Serpents Robe: +616 health, +7 power pip chance, +1 piercing and +3 life accuracy, +55 life critical, and +10% outgoing health
Golden Boots Of Serenity: +70 health, +5 power pip chance, +2 accuracy, +25 critical block, +6 universal resistance, and +4% incoming health.
Shocking Truth Tiki Torch: +4 piercing, +95 critical, +10% outgoing health, +1 power pip chance.
Madison, Pet Leaf Foot, Ancient: Batusi (maycast life bat), spritely, and ace avenger (maycast vengeance)
Also I did not get my lvl 75 minion so I will go get him/her idk lol.
Thanks so much for the advice, if you can reply back if my gear is ok lol. If not I got some crafting to do XD.

Victoria lvl 81
Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011

Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12
i thinks is depending on health, gear and stuff like that. your fine as life there's no problem with being life but maybe you should buy better gear or that

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, your probably right. Idk if this sounds weird or not but I like don't really like to battle alone.It all started in Celestia, the jump from Dragonspyre to Celestia was horrible for me! I've heard that its usually cause of age. But also I though possibly its just cause I struggle to battle alone cause of the low attack spells I had, I forgot about getting rebirth and forest lord which was a major set back. So all throughout the second arch I've had trouble in battles. Celestia was horrible for me. Zafaria I was OK because I realized I needed to get forest lord and rebirth, wow was I an idiot. Avalon I was constantly asking my parents if I could get crowns for henchmen. And so far in Azteca either I've needed someone to help me or I have had to buy henchmen.

so idk if its just I need to be more confident or whatever but when I battle with other people I'm just a boss lol. So yeah, my epic struggle XD

Victoria lvl 81
Taylor Swift lvl 27
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 17
Heather lvl 12

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
w101girl1088 on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the advice on deck setup and gear, my only problem is I cant even get gargantuan for some reason so I've been using giant. Also with gear I've been using:
Black Star Eagles Helm: +120 health, +5 power pip chance, +1 accuracy and piercing, +25 critical and +7 damage universal
Three Color Serpents Robe: +616 health, +7 power pip chance, +1 piercing and +3 life accuracy, +55 life critical, and +10% outgoing health
Golden Boots Of Serenity: +70 health, +5 power pip chance, +2 accuracy, +25 critical block, +6 universal resistance, and +4% incoming health.
Shocking Truth Tiki Torch: +4 piercing, +95 critical, +10% outgoing health, +1 power pip chance.
Madison, Pet Leaf Foot, Ancient: Batusi (maycast life bat), spritely, and ace avenger (maycast vengeance)
Thanks so much for the advice, if you can reply back if my gear is ok lol. If not I got some crafting to do XD.

Victoria lvl 81
Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12
To continue on with the Sun spells go to the Floating Land sun trainer, just up hill from the beach area you arrive in and get Monstrous and Gargantuan.

Whitestripes in Zafari starts the Drum Jungle quest from Koko for the Colossal spell. You need to do a quest to repair the Obelisk.

Start here to get your self up to date on that.

Here is the link on info for them.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Colossal

I will see what the stats are on my Life wizards gear to compare with yours. I still believe the crafted or Waterworks gear may give you the better boost you need.

Your pet sounds fine if it works. With and update to MC Spritely my Forest Lord pet retired and hasn't cast it since.

Soloing for some is no fun, I agree with that one. Try to tag along as much as you can but getting your spells and gear in order will make you more appealing to the wizards questing around you.

Mary

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I will I love questing with friends I am Lail Frosteyes lvl 75 I will be on sometimes but not a lot but if you need a buddy sometimes I most likely help you!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
I can help quest with you when i can. We can meet up and I'll friend you on my fire :) Assuming you get this and respond, due to the time differences and the time lag in this posting process b/c they check it and all, try to respond with a place and realm and name of character you want me to meet up with and expect roughly 24 hours after your response is posted for us to meet up where you want :D
(if this seems to complicated, just meet me on 5/29/14 in Sunbird realm at 9pm Eastern Time in Commons)
this date or time may pass, but we can can always set up a different day, just know i can be busy at times, but I really don't mind reaching out to help when i am online and stuff :)

Rachel

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011

Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12
I'll quest wth you! I'm stuck in azteca as well

I stop questing most of the time cause i get annoyed or lonley lol

Friday May 30th at 4:30pm eastern
Nicholas level~91~

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Nicholas Shadow if you'd like to meet another day I would be happy to quest along with you, same goes for ralwrachel101. I've been busy the past few days so I could get on here to check, my apologies. Anyways I probably should've mentioned this earlier and it's what quest I'm on. I'm still in the very beginning, I'm in the Cenote.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
w101girl1088 on May 19, 2014 wrote:

Victoria lvl 81
Taylor Swift lvl 26
Amanda HawkTalon lvl 16
Heather lvl 12
as far as setting up decks, have you got one set up for fighting your own school? if so did you get your mass prisms from cassie ponycorn in avalon? something people tend to over look. I agree though. Azteca is a massive pain in my posterior, and I'm a level 89 ice wiz. I've been going through crowns and henchman about the same way I go through kleenex when my allergies kick up. Best bet is to as you say...find a couple people to partner up with. Storm wizards can pretty much eat an enemy for a snack. so long as you keep them alive because of their abysmal low health bar. I love my level 61 storm wizard but to paraphrase the genie from disney's aladdin "phenomenal cosmic powers! itty bitty health bar." lol

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Hl I'm in Azteca too and I am on the last dungeon with morganthe . I can't get by the death boss because once you kill the minions he always brings one back. I've heard that you cant kill him but I don't know how else to get around to get to Morganthe. is there anyone who can help me with this. I will also be happy to be your quest buddy. I am on most days mostly at night between 8:00pm and 12:00am. Let me know if you want me to be one of your quest buddies and what times and/or realms that you frequently use.

Rowan Lightrider wizard level 92.

thx

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
My life wizard is level 89, and in .
She has:
4902 health,
51 life damage,
12, 47 , 41resist
2% chance fizzle,
110100,120,60,240 critical block
250critical
Her gear is:
Helm of the branneret, crafted
Knightly Armor, crafted
senator's sandals of vigor
rod of the black son
courtly dirk, crafted
north son shell
triskelion band.
my deck for mobbs is as falows:
2 forist lords,
1 life blade,
and 2 life traps.
my deck for bosses is'nt prefected yet, but it goes along the lines of this:
6 gnoms!
6 life blads,
6 life traps,
5 tri blads,
5 tri traps,
7 dyrad.

I would be happy to help, sense my brother wants me to wait for him. Just tell me were to meat, when(PT), what realm, and your wizard's name.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
streem485 I would be happy to quest with you, I will post date and time below, rowan lightrider if you'd like to come along then just come at the same time as streem485 will be coming, but you don't have to. As for you streem485 here are my stats below, I have changed them since the first post.
mob battle gear
7 damage 9 damage
6 resistance
3 accuracy 6 accuracy
105 critical 160 critical
25 critical block 105 critical block
84% power pip chance
17/10 healing in and out
0% stun resistance
6% armor piercing

Mob battle deck
1 stun block
6 tower shields
6 colossal
6 gargantuan
6 forest lord
5 life trap
6 life blade
6 life spear
6 satyr
3 seraph
3 sprite
4 dream shields
6 feint
since i'm running out of room I will go ahead and post date and time next post i'll continue stats and deck setup
alright I am in central timezone so at 6:00 it'll be 7:00 where you live, and lets meet in the commons realm wraith area one if available, and lets meet on the ninth, that just so we give the posts time to get up lol.
Well hope to see you streem485 P.S my name is Victoria online and my badge is knight of the silver rose.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Continued lol my boss stats lol
19 damage 42 damage
12 resistance
7 accuracy
105 critical 136 critical
( still working on block lol ) 13 block 93 block
88% power pip chance
16%/0% healing in and out
0% stun resistance
9% armor piercing
Deck setup

6 stun blocks
6 tower shield
6 colossal
7 forest lord
7 life trap
7 life blade
7 rebirth
7 satyr
3 reshuffle
4 spirit blade
4 spirit spear
so yea that's basically my deck and gear plus my tree serpent pet i'm training so far she's got sprite and life bat

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
w101girl1088 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
streem485 I would be happy to quest with you, I will post date and time below, rowan lightrider if you'd like to come along then just come at the same time as streem485 will be coming, but you don't have to. As for you streem485 here are my stats below, I have changed them since the first post.
mob battle gear
7 damage 9 damage
6 resistance
3 accuracy 6 accuracy
105 critical 160 critical
25 critical block 105 critical block
84% power pip chance
17/10 healing in and out
0% stun resistance
6% armor piercing

Mob battle deck
1 stun block
6 tower shields
6 colossal
6 gargantuan
6 forest lord
5 life trap
6 life blade
6 life spear
6 satyr
3 seraph
3 sprite
4 dream shields
6 feint
since i'm running out of room I will go ahead and post date and time next post i'll continue stats and deck setup
alright I am in central timezone so at 6:00 it'll be 7:00 where you live, and lets meet in the commons realm wraith area one if available, and lets meet on the ninth, that just so we give the posts time to get up lol.
Well hope to see you streem485 P.S my name is Victoria online and my badge is knight of the silver rose.
My Life's mob deck is - Blade from Helmet, 2 reg. Life Blades, 2 Forest Lords, 2 Colossal, 1 Sprite, 1 4 pip Sherpa. Some Spare one hit spells in side deck, later 2 Sharpen Blades if you don't have pet with them now. Cast Helmet 45% Blade, 40% Life Blade run enchanted Forest Lord - add mass convert if they are Life.

Crafted helmet from Wintertusk
Water Works Robe and boots
lvl 56/58 high pips ring and Atheme
for 100% pip percentage so Forest Lord can be cast on round 3.

My boss deck is of course more adding 1 Gnomes, 1 Feint, 3 Life Blades, Centaur, Satyr etc.. Keep it around 20 cards max.

Mary

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
Hey! I honestly would need to know what quest you are on to help you. I am in Cloudburst forest and I am having some trouble myself.

I have great crit and damage, but my block is awful and I do not stand a chance with bosses.

Andrew Bane, level 86 Shadowmancer

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Hello everyone who tried to get ahold of me on here, I have been offline for a few weeks but now I am back on. Sorry to the people who set up times and we couldn't meet. It was probably cause I was on vacation, again sorry. But if you would like to try to meet again I would be perfectly fine with that. Also Nastrodi I would be happy to quest with you only problem is I am stuck in the cenote ( the very beginng of Azteca ) if you'd still like to quest together though I would gladly set up a day for us to meet.