Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death boost on balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2013
I have noticed that in Wizard City when I attack using death spells on a balance character that it boosts. I thought this was only the case on life characters, so this is concerning me. I don't mind having an extra boost, but it's just that it doesn't seem like it is supposed to happen.
-Tyler DarkStone lvl 17

Historian
May 15, 2009
once you reach the point where monsters begin resisting or have a weakness to certain spell types the basic guide goes like this.

fire is weak to ice and vice verse.

storm is weak to myth (vice verse)

life is death to death (vice versa)

balance however has no direct opposite in terms of weakness. to compensate for this all balance monsters have a partial weakness to the three schools life, death, and myth.

this is so that balance has at least some sort of weakness when it comes to fighting high level balance monsters or bosses.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
All of the spirit group boosts on balance... so Myth, Life, and Death. Its not as big a boost as Life on Death for instance, but its still a boost. In the later levels, you'll start to see that death will begin to boost on life and I believe myth... I'd have to double check that. But regardless, at some point you'll start boosting on two schools and not just the one (in addition to balance).

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
You can get equipment that allows you to have higher damage on neutrally effected wizards or creatures. This comes off as a boost. You will get it when you get to a higher level.

Ashley Lifeheart, level 46 master theurgist

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Eeveelutions98 on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed that in Wizard City when I attack using death spells on a balance character that it boosts. I thought this was only the case on life characters, so this is concerning me. I don't mind having an extra boost, but it's just that it doesn't seem like it is supposed to happen.
-Tyler DarkStone lvl 17
There is a boost to damage for Myth, Life and Death for any Balance mob or boss.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Balance enemies boost all spirit schools but not as much.

For example, where a life enemy will give a 30% boost to Death, a balance enemy may give 10% boost to Life, 10% boost to Myth, and 10% boost to Death.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl46

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Since there is no opposite school for balance, balance creatures typically boost a smaller amount to life, myth and death equally.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I am pretty sure that death, life, and myth damage boost on balance creatures. Good Luck!
Saffron Sandsword
Grandmaster

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Death is a bit odd, in that a couple of the damage boosts learned from death trainers affect all schools, just like balance boosters. Specifically feint and curse. Curse is only available to death wizards, but feint can be trained by anyone, though it's a bit expensive, requiring 7 training points to get all the prerequisites. Nonetheless I consider feint crucial to a properly trained balance wizard, and some players consider feint something every wizard should train, regardless of school.

Death trap and death blade are specific to death damage. If you look close you see a spiral "all school" symbol on the floating icons for curse and feint, just like you see on the balance spell hex, but a skull "death only" icon on death trap, where as death blade has a hard to see pale skull behind the black sword symbol.

This ability to lend boosters to other schools gives death a potential support role similar to balance, that is often overlooked.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
-Tyler DarkStone lvl 17
There are 3 elements that boost an attack on balance, life, myth, and death. But a resistance on balance type spells. I don't know why it has 3 elements that make the spell boost its attack, but balance powerful and effective in group play. Balance has a little bit of every school, like Sorcerer(balance wizards) can heal (life), summon minions (myth), and some spells that has to do with the elemental schools (storm, fire,and ice) and the spirit schools (life, myth, and death).

Killer StormCloud - lvl 33

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
-Tyler DarkStone lvl 17
Life, death, and myth all boost against balance.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
-Tyler DarkStone lvl 17
spirit boost on balance elemental dosent

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
All the spirit schools boost against balance.