Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for a life wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2014
I am a veteran of 6 years at this game, but still a really bad player, I'm trying to roll a new account, and need to pass Alicane Swiftarrow, but am too weak to do so. I've tried team up countless times, but everybody is advanced on to the next worlds,

Please give me some advice.

Regards, LS

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
John Le Sway on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I am a veteran of 6 years at this game, but still a really bad player, I'm trying to roll a new account, and need to pass Alicane Swiftarrow, but am too weak to do so. I've tried team up countless times, but everybody is advanced on to the next worlds,

Please give me some advice.

Regards, LS
Take your time in Wizard City and build your wizard up and get used to how your school is played, is generally how I start a new wizard. Visit the Bazaar when you have collected enough to sell and buy better gear usually around level 10, I can usually equip dropped items to raise my health and mana until I have enough gold to buy better.

Have you done the areas in the original order? Triton, Cyclops and then Firecat? I find the level of difficulty flows better in the original order. For the 2 to one work out I move to Colossus Blvd and then do Crab Alley. I fit Golem Court quest in here also. My Life wizard trained Death spells to feint which helped me when I was mid Mooshu and on.

Mary StarGem

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Problems with alicane? and life wizard??? Wow. Well, can you tell me your wizard level?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
In any boss battle with a minion and a boss that has considerably more health than the minion, you want to concentrate on taking out the minion first. Open with a wand blast on the magma man, hit him with a Leprechaun, and if needed, a second wand blast. Once the minion is down your incoming damage is effectively halved. This is why you pick on the minion first, you only have to do about 1/3 of the total health of your opponents to reduce their damage output by half.

Once the minion is down, check your health, and if needed, heal yourself. Your main healing spell at this point is fairy, but you don't want to waste pips casting it if you are down much less than the 420 health it will heal you. If your health isn't critical, work on dealing damage to Alicane. Leprechaun is your main damage spell, supplemented by wand blasts.

You are unlikely to finish off Alicane before your health DOES become critical, so keep a Fairy in your hand and cast it when needed. Try not to use your last pip attacking, because Fairy will take two pips and waiting a turn to generate a second pip may get you defeated if Alicane hits you hard twice in a row.

I recommend a minimalist deck with 3 Leprechauns, 2 Fairys, and maybe a couple of minor blessings. Other cards will just clutter up your deck and make it harder to draw the card you need. Also be sure to equip a wand, it doesn't matter much which kind, except avoid the wands which give a set of 1-pip spells; you want something that gives you 0-pip wand blasts. Don't be afraid to discard minor blessings and a wand blast or two to get a needed Leprechaun or Fairy to come up. Don't panic if a Leprechaun fizzles, the card goes back to your undrawn cards and will eventually come up again, just keep casting it. Don't discard a Leprechaun or you probably won't be able to do enough damage to finish Alicane.