Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Swift change for Lvl 11 spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I see a lot of users putting down spell ideas for attacks in the game for level 11 spells.... but what if you changed the perspective and went back to the basics... not looking at attacks... but defenses? Maybe our 11 spells wont be attacks but a form of support, example: Minions, Overpowered form of singular defense, Heals apart from life, intriguing new field spells.
The possibilities are endless.

Who else thinks the spells will eventually for one Level Generation will not be of attacks?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
As long as they don't expand on this Shadow Magic Stuff, it's making the arena unenjoyable, and some people can only PVE so much so this game is losing a lot of the interest for me when these updates negate everything the arena once was.

Nerf Shadow Shrike immediately, I do NOT enjoy this spell, and wish it was never created in the first place.

And I thought immunity was bad, this just takes it to a whole new level of horrendous pvp because of overpowered things that aren't taken into consideration.

We DON'T want 2 minute duels, we want one that is fun.

Why is this so hard for people to understand that Shadow Shrike is WAY overpowered x 3 maybe even.

Eliminate this spell from PVP as it does NOT belong there in this game.

Thank you.

We want better function and not overpoweredness out of a spell with LITTLE to NO drawbacks.

Shadow Shrike is entirely overpowered. Thank you.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
KaneDeathBringer23... on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I see a lot of users putting down spell ideas for attacks in the game for level 11 spells.... but what if you changed the perspective and went back to the basics... not looking at attacks... but defenses? Maybe our 11 spells wont be attacks but a form of support, example: Minions, Overpowered form of singular defense, Heals apart from life, intriguing new field spells.
The possibilities are endless.

Who else thinks the spells will eventually for one Level Generation will not be of attacks?
That's a cool idea, I think that these are what schools need:

Fire - Heal (The current ones are sort of weak) or a Powerful Shield (Fire needs something more defensive). It could also do with an Accuracy Charm, like Precision, Lightning Strike or Guidance.

Ice - Heal (Ice has none [Snow Drift doesn't count]) or a Powerful Blade (Ice needs something more offensive).

Storm - Is the same as Fire with its needs and it also needs a new minion (Water Elemental is a brainless zombie and all of the schools got other new minions at lvl 75 so storm needs something else).

Myth - Heal (Same as Ice [Minion sacrificing doesn't count either, they need a new one that just heals]) or (if they do get an attack) an AoE.

Life - Global Damage Spell (Life got a heal increase, but need a damage increase too) or a Powerful Blade (Life spells are focused on healing).

Death - Global Damage Spell (A heal decrease doesn't replace a damage increase) or a Heal (Sacrifice demands, yes, a sacrifice, and unless you supercharge them, drains don't heal much either).

Balance - GDS (I don't need Power Pip Chance later in the game, but I do need a damage increase) or a Balance-ONLY affecting blade.

I also think that there should be some enchantments themed around schools, and only open to those schools:
: Quick-Fire - 0 pips, 100% acc, Change 1 DoT spell into a Single-Hit spell.
: Viking Punch - 0 pips, 100% acc, +300 damage to 1 spell.
: Electric Archer - 0 pips, 100% acc, +30% acc & +20% pierce to 1 spell.
: Puppeteer - 0 pips, 100% acc, Use this on a minion card to control what the minion does.
: Forest Venom - 0 pips, 100% acc, Use this on an attack card to add a 300 DoT over 3 rounds and increase the pip cost by 2.
: Vampire Transformation - 0 pips, 100% acc, If used on a drain spell, it will add half of it's damage and remove its drain ability. If used on a damage spell, half the damage and make it a drain.
: Sharper Spell - 0 pips, 100% acc, Add a 40% balance blade to one spell.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
As long as they don't expand on this Shadow Magic Stuff, it's making the arena unenjoyable, and some people can only PVE so much so this game is losing a lot of the interest for me when these updates negate everything the arena once was.

Nerf Shadow Shrike immediately, I do NOT enjoy this spell, and wish it was never created in the first place.

And I thought immunity was bad, this just takes it to a whole new level of horrendous pvp because of overpowered things that aren't taken into consideration.

Why is this so hard for people to understand that Shadow Shrike is WAY overpowered x 3 maybe even.

Thank you.

We want better function and not overpoweredness out of a spell with LITTLE to NO drawbacks.

I find Shadow magic perfectly balanced. I enjoy dueling in an arena with Shadow magic. We have already demonstrated how Shadow Magic is not overpowered. I would love and expect to see more expansions to Shadow magic as we are only "initiate shadowmancers". I for one am really looking forward to what Shadow magic will bring to the game.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:

Thank you.

You complained about Jade Gear and the immunity with Ice so they made Shrike so it could pierce through their resist. It's actually a useful build if you come upon someone with a tank build but they could nerf it a bit like the Life Reving spell.