Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Veteran title

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Hi, I rarely post on forums but i have been around wiz101 since it first came out, starting in January 2008. I take great pride being on of the first people on the site as i remember when mooshu gear was the coolest thing ever and when the pvp arena was just something you walked into and i remember when the 1 millionth account was made and we all recieved 101 crowns. My point is today their is well more then 1 million accounts, and allot of people that started within this year have already caught up to me at level 95, I think it would be cool to have a title that maybe showed we were old timers. Not something to show superiority but maybe to gain a little respect from the people that join everyday. I miss the old days and the old community of wizard101. Just wondering what you all think about that idea?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Although i may not be one of the original players, i've only played 3 years, but I agree that you guys should receive a badge. maybe it could be something like "One of the first" or "Original Warrior" or just "Wizard From the Start" maybe even "Trustee of Merle"

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Redundant, seeing as the 5th birthday of Wizard101 gave out gifts depending on how long you have been on the game. And your account says you joined in January of 2009, not 2008. But that is about 4 months after the game was released. Meaning, you should have the special red dragon mount since you have been playing since the first year.

Also, trying to demand respect through a title is low, in my opinion. People won't just respect you because you have a veteran title. Attitude plays a part as well. I don't see people with the special red dragon mount with stars and moons (playing since first day or before release) and immediately respect them and goggle over them. I treat them like any other player. So they have been playing longer, but that doesn't mean they should get respect for it. They get respect by being generally kind and helpful. I sometimes find people who are newer than I, and I learn things from them and respect them. On the other hand, I meet people who have been playing since the first year and are very rude. They do not get any respect.

My point is, you mentioned wanting respect for being a veteran, and I think you should earn it. Second point, there are items out there already to show how long you have been playing.

Sorry if this seems rude, just being blunt.

Seth NightFlame(95)

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
How far does this go back? I made my account in 2010, so I've been in the community for a pretty long time. Just started playing again though. :D
~ Vanessa

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
o.o Sorry. I meant 2012... Can't think straight, nowadays.

~ Vanessa

Survivor
May 11, 2013
Yeah I remember those days BUT they fixed it by adding the "1st age badge" for pvp. They also have a dragon mount for those who started the first year w101 was introduced. :D

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Well to me the community isnt what it used to be, i meet people all the time that act superior to me and i completely ignore them but its a family game, others who use this site for dating and so forth. They can use it for whatever, its not in my place to judge but when people approach me all the time or my friends, harrassing them is where the respect thing comes in. I cant pvp and say good game without someone questioning my skill. My friends would all say i help them all and i help strangers, i go out of my way to be polite to the people that deserve it but i just think it would be a cool title to have like "old timer". Sorry if you took me the wrong way when i mentioned respect but theres new people all the time that criticize me because they have better gear or are better at pvp, because i stopped pvping and so forth a few years ago. I solely play to help friends and hang with them and i think it would be cool to show that im an old timer. Sorry if you disagree, and i stated i mispoke about starting january 2008 as the game wasnt even out then, it was january 2009 when i did, merely 2 months after the game came out. Just an idea

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
32rocket2 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Well to me the community isnt what it used to be, i meet people all the time that act superior to me and i completely ignore them but its a family game, others who use this site for dating and so forth. They can use it for whatever, its not in my place to judge but when people approach me all the time or my friends, harrassing them is where the respect thing comes in. I cant pvp and say good game without someone questioning my skill. My friends would all say i help them all and i help strangers, i go out of my way to be polite to the people that deserve it but i just think it would be a cool title to have like "old timer". Sorry if you took me the wrong way when i mentioned respect but theres new people all the time that criticize me because they have better gear or are better at pvp, because i stopped pvping and so forth a few years ago. I solely play to help friends and hang with them and i think it would be cool to show that im an old timer. Sorry if you disagree, and i stated i mispoke about starting january 2008 as the game wasnt even out then, it was january 2009 when i did, merely 2 months after the game came out. Just an idea
Your correction on the correct year was posted after I did my post. I understand what you're saying, I really do. I have run into the same problem on other games I have beta tested for. However, people will be rude no matter what. Rather they are old timers or new (I consider myself somewhere in-between the two). And it is just under 4 months that the game was out since you started playing (September 15, August if you include beta testing). Anyway, again, I understand why you say this. But your red dragon mount should be enough to prove how long you have been playing. And if you did not get it in time, email support and see if they will give it to you. Other than that, I am sorry that I disagree with you. And I am not saying that because I am not a veteran, I am saying it because there are already things in place to show how long a person has been playing.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
the thing is i never recieved a dragon mount. I didnt know why because my friend who i introduced to this game a few months after i started even recieved one. Should i contact wizard101 or something or was there another prerequisite to recieve one?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
32rocket2 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
the thing is i never recieved a dragon mount. I didnt know why because my friend who i introduced to this game a few months after i started even recieved one. Should i contact wizard101 or something or was there another prerequisite to recieve one?
Have you checked your gifts? I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was a code you had to redeem. Try contacting support.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
32rocket2 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
It was a special gift for the 5th birthday, you were supposed to claim it yourself. It was not supposed to automatically be accredited to your account. However, if you message support and talk to them, well, you never know what will happen. It is worth a shot. Worse that can happen is they say no, since it was basically considered a promotional/limited time thing.