Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Derby best adult pet?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Hello!

Which is the best pet derby talent combination for adult derby?

I am thinking of: super hurry + big hurry, super hurry + spiffy pop, super hurry + boomer (or bummer? i mean the one that steals 10 morale from everyone).

I'm not interested in selfish talents, i just need a good derby talent combo. Getting both good ability boosting selfish talents and perfect derby talents on the same pet seems too hard work for me.

cheers,
Tristan

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
Jerry Saibot on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Hello!

Which is the best pet derby talent combination for adult derby?

I am thinking of: super hurry + big hurry, super hurry + spiffy pop, super hurry + boomer (or bummer? i mean the one that steals 10 morale from everyone).

I'm not interested in selfish talents, i just need a good derby talent combo. Getting both good ability boosting selfish talents and perfect derby talents on the same pet seems too hard work for me.

cheers,
Tristan
i think it is super hurry, i used it alongside with super stall and i kept playing the pet derby, and now i am a pet derby veteran

Tarlac Seaspear lvl 40 almost lvl 41

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
mythrocks73 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
i think it is super hurry, i used it alongside with super stall and i kept playing the pet derby, and now i am a pet derby veteran

i am racing now with a teen pet :) It has hurry and a huge agility stat. 655 rank so far, hope it will get higher

Defender
May 31, 2009
For a mixed pet you can't get much better than a pet with Mega Hurry and Super Hurry. There are some courses where Super Hurry and Supercharge can give that pet a run for the money - specifically the longer ones - but trained properly with a cost to cheer of 10-7-3-3 the difference in morale isn't that important.

Now, if you're talking First Generation pets, the ultimate would be The Patriotic Leprechaun with Spiffy Pop and Mega Hurry. There are quite a few pets with Super Hurry and Big Hurry, but as far as I know Mega Hurry is still only found on a first Gen Patriotic Leprechaun. With +100 boost at the end, even the best trained Sea Dragon / Fierce Hound / Brave Hound / Snowball could not out sprint this guy.

Casp

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Caspeen on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
For a mixed pet you can't get much better than a pet with Mega Hurry and Super Hurry. There are some courses where Super Hurry and Supercharge can give that pet a run for the money - specifically the longer ones - but trained properly with a cost to cheer of 10-7-3-3 the difference in morale isn't that important.

Now, if you're talking First Generation pets, the ultimate would be The Patriotic Leprechaun with Spiffy Pop and Mega Hurry. There are quite a few pets with Super Hurry and Big Hurry, but as far as I know Mega Hurry is still only found on a first Gen Patriotic Leprechaun. With +100 boost at the end, even the best trained Sea Dragon / Fierce Hound / Brave Hound / Snowball could not out sprint this guy.

Casp
Hallo Caspeen! Thx for the advice. I gonna look for a patritic leprechaun with mega hurry. Now i checked all my pets and discovered, that i got 4 jellyfish from card packs. It has decent stats and has super hurry and supercharge in the talent pool. Until i find a pet with mega hurry i gonna train these jellyfish in hope to manifest both good derby talents (or at least super hurry)

Btw i read your article about training derby pets. That was extremely useful. Hope we can meet in the game some day. Ty

Cheers,
Jerry (Tristan Dreamcrafter)

Defender
May 31, 2009
Jerry - no need to focus your search on Patriotic Leprechaun's since Mega Hurry is pretty out there. Unless, of course, you want a First Generation pet, but there plenty of Derby regulars on Central that have many Mega Hurry pets.

Also, it's worth noting that Mega Hurry is not as good as Super Hurry overall. There are certain situation where Mega Hurry IS better - specifically, if you have a Spiffy pet - but because it has a longer cool down time (50 seconds vs. 30 seconds) AND the effects don't last as long (10 seconds vs. 15 seconds), I'd take Super Hurry over Mega Hurry every time. Of course, if you have BOTH...woohoo!

If you've seen my guide on central and have a login there, message me and I'd be happy to offer a hatch.

Casp

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012

I used a bunch of other pet derby combinations now i am a pet knight.

Ice can be strong

Tarlac Seaspear lvl 46(or was it 45?)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012

If you wanna know, I got a jellyfish with a good combination

Ice can be strong and cold combo

Tarlac Seaspear lvl 46(or was it 45?)