Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better ways to earn gold at a lower level?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
Hi guys!

First of all, many thanks to the replies in my previous posts. I have followed advice from more experienced players here, and have made reasonable progress in the game.

Here's my situation at the moment:

My first wizard, a level 45 master necromancer, is trying to earn gold for pet hatching. However, considering the amount to be spent each time, farming bosses for loots in krokotopia, marleybone, and wysteria is hardly an answer.

My wizard is still in early areas of Mooshu, and he's completed the first part of grizzleheim (up to Revenscar) but hasn't started the second part into vestrilund, sudrilund or the like yet.

I'm aware of the gold-farming boss, Halfang, in Vestrilund but I do not have access to his location at the moment. Also, I'm not really into pleading any people who pass by to add me so that i can port in to join Halfang fights.

Could anyone please advise how to better earn gold in the game at a lower level? It doesn't have to be the 'best' way to do it, just a more time efficient way will do.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I appreciate it

Zachary crow, lvl 45 Master Necromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you have access to Dragonspyre, go to Loremaster in a crowded realm and join farming parties. The gear and TC you get add up quickly to a good amout of gold at the bazaar. Plus you have the bonus chance of learning rank 4-5 crafted spells. There are always people farming there for spells and TC, so help should be no problem and the battles go pretty quick.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I know I've posted like 5 things today but who cares?!?

Just go questing and watch the gold pile up. My level 39 pyromancer is saving up for the Crowns Fire House so Kayla can steal her sun palace . If you quest and stop worrying, boss fights and street fights and quest rewards will pile up. Even my level 8 Thaumaturge probably has earned around 1200 gold even though she spent a lot to dye her gear .

Even if the gold isnt piling up, here is a strategy.

1. Quest until you get a tutorial tip from Mr. Lincoln. "Well well, what happened to my newly acquired item?"
2. This means backpack and Bank are full. Mark location and go home. Either exit dorm or castle and go to bazaar.
3. Check stats incase you got better gear. If so equip and lock that gear, sell everything else.
4. Use new bank sell feature to sell out your bank.
5. If you got a crowns or non-auction item, go to the robe shop and and sell it.
6. Repeat

Along with the quest gold reward and boss fight rewards, this is beastly

An alternative is to farm your backpack and bank full, then sell, but questing makes it new and fresh.

Hope I helped!

I won't type my Wizard City, but my favorite is Natalie. Find me in Falmea Realm, in Triton Av. or Firecat Alley.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
My best advice is to sell the stuff you don't need at the bazzar.

Victoria Legend FlameLv. 84

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
zksr on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys!

First of all, many thanks to the replies in my previous posts. I have followed advice from more experienced players here, and have made reasonable progress in the game.

Here's my situation at the moment:

My first wizard, a level 45 master necromancer, is trying to earn gold for pet hatching. However, considering the amount to be spent each time, farming bosses for loots in krokotopia, marleybone, and wysteria is hardly an answer.

My wizard is still in early areas of Mooshu, and he's completed the first part of grizzleheim (up to Revenscar) but hasn't started the second part into vestrilund, sudrilund or the like yet.

I'm aware of the gold-farming boss, Halfang, in Vestrilund but I do not have access to his location at the moment. Also, I'm not really into pleading any people who pass by to add me so that i can port in to join Halfang fights.

Could anyone please advise how to better earn gold in the game at a lower level? It doesn't have to be the 'best' way to do it, just a more time efficient way will do.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I appreciate it

Zachary crow, lvl 45 Master Necromancer
Easy, just keep playing. When your backpack is full and your stuff goes into your bank, go into the bazaar and sell everything you don't need. It should give you 500-1500 gold per item if its from places like Mooshu or Dragonspyre.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 43 theurgist

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I collect all kinds of reagent cards and sell them later. They can add up really fast.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
I know I've posted like 5 things today but who cares?!?

Just go questing and watch the gold pile up. My level 39 pyromancer is saving up for the Crowns Fire House so Kayla can steal her sun palace . If you quest and stop worrying, boss fights and street fights and quest rewards will pile up. Even my level 8 Thaumaturge probably has earned around 1200 gold even though she spent a lot to dye her gear .

Even if the gold isnt piling up, here is a strategy.

1. Quest until you get a tutorial tip from Mr. Lincoln. "Well well, what happened to my newly acquired item?"
2. This means backpack and Bank are full. Mark location and go home. Either exit dorm or castle and go to bazaar.
3. Check stats incase you got better gear. If so equip and lock that gear, sell everything else.
4. Use new bank sell feature to sell out your bank.
5. If you got a crowns or non-auction item, go to the robe shop and and sell it.
6. Repeat

Along with the quest gold reward and boss fight rewards, this is beastly

An alternative is to farm your backpack and bank full, then sell, but questing makes it new and fresh.

Hope I helped!

I won't type my Wizard City, but my favorite is Natalie. Find me in Falmea Realm, in Triton Av. or Firecat Alley.
I would not wait until you get that warning because that means that you have just destroyed a drop that could very well be something nice that you don't want destroyed.
Just select the letter 'B' every once in a while and look at the numbers. If your backpack can hold 100 items it should look something like this: 73/100 . When the first set of numbers gets close to the second one, its time to sell or transfer some stuff to the shared bank or put some stuff in your house or dorm room.