Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 98 Spells & Lore Spells- Khrysalis Style!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Back in Azteca, the Level 88 spells were themed off the world' own theme, Aztec and Mayan beliefs, plus Dinosaurs. I think it would be cool to do that again with Khrysalis, and have Khrysalis themed Level 98 Spells. While I don't know Khrysalis primary architectural/cultural analogue, it's inhabitors are a great source for ideas. I want to recreate some of the elements in the Level 48 spells, with the majority of spells being AoE's. I will be listening for feedback and making necessary changes.

School Spells

Veldfire Ants

Acc.: 75%
Type: AoE, Charm, Manipulation
985Damage, -45% Accuracy, +25%Damage & Take 1 Charm to all enemies

Snow Hare

Acc.: 80%
Type: AoE, Ward
970Damage, Take 1 Ward, +35%Ward to all enemies. Stun Block team

Lightning Bugs

Acc.: 70%
Type: AoE
995Damage, -1 Charm, +30%Damage to all enemies. +50%Charm Self

Grand Centipede

Acc.: 85%
Type: AoE, DoT, Charm, Manipulation
375+780Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

Type: AoE, Steal, Dot, Charm
700+375 Steal over 3 Rds, -50% to next Damage& to all enemies, swap half health

Giant Katydid

Acc.: 90%
Type: AoE, Global, Ward
925-945Damage, Dispel, +25% next to all. +25% to all spells

Mole Hill

Type: AoE, Ward, Manipulation
965Damage, -2 Ward, Stun, +35% to next to all enemies

Lore Spells
These are just some Lore spells I made up based on some of the mob natural attacks in Khrysalis that I really like.

Preying Mantis
Type: AoE,
50+465Damage over 3 Rds to all enemies.

Mouse Paladin
Type: Damage, Charm
500Damage. +35% to next 3Spells

Storm Sorcerer
570Damage. -45% Accuracy

School Pets

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get school pets with our Level 98 spells like Level 48? Less work to do (per sae). These are just some ideas I want to bounce around

Dragonfly
Winter Rabbit
Storm Owl
Sabortooth
Gorgon
Dryad
Mini-Monster

Just some simple ideas.

Anyway, hope you've enjoyed the ideas! Keep in mind these are just ideas and suggestions. I have no intention of making any 1 school's spell overpowered to the others. I wanted to offer something different in each spell. Constructive feedback is most welcomed. Let me know if I need to change anything. If you don't like any of my ideas, post your own! I'm open to seeing other people's ideas.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
I love them all that would give balance an awesome Dot spell.

Jonathan ThunderStaff promethean 95
Valdus WildTamer transcendent

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Back in Azteca, the Level 88 spells were themed off the world' own theme, Aztec and Mayan beliefs, plus Dinosaurs. I think it would be cool to do that again with Khrysalis, and have Khrysalis themed Level 98 Spells. While I don't know Khrysalis primary architectural/cultural analogue, it's inhabitors are a great source for ideas. I want to recreate some of the elements in the Level 48 spells, with the majority of spells being AoE's. I will be listening for feedback and making necessary changes.

School Spells

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

375+780Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

Lore Spells
These are just some Lore spells I made up based on some of the mob natural attacks in Khrysalis that I really like.

Preying Mantis

Mouse Paladin

Storm Sorcerer
570Damage. -45% Accuracy

School Pets

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get school pets with our Level 98 spells like Level 48? Less work to do (per sae). These are just some ideas I want to bounce around

Dragonfly
Winter Rabbit
Storm Owl
Sabortooth
Gorgon
Dryad
Mini-Monster

Just some simple ideas.

Anyway, hope you've enjoyed the ideas! Keep in mind these are just ideas and suggestions. I have no intention of making any 1 school's spell overpowered to the others. I wanted to offer something different in each spell. Constructive feedback is most welcomed. Let me know if I need to change anything. If you don't like any of my ideas, post your own! I'm open to seeing other people's ideas.
why is everyone trying to give better damage then

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

School Spells

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

Lore Spells

Preying Mantis

Mouse Paladin

Storm Sorcerer
570Damage. -45% Accuracy

School Pets

Dragonfly
Winter Rabbit
Storm Owl
Sabortooth
Gorgon
Dryad
Mini-Monster

Just some simple ideas.

why does storm barely have any higher damage then the other schools i'm sure it would be better if you shrunk balances damage got rid of storms extra buffs and just made it plain out damage like it should be

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
why is everyone trying to give better damage then
Knowing you, Critical Blizzard, do you mean Storm? Because school's newest spells will always out-do previous spells. The idea behind these spells was to bring back more AoE spells in. I decided that they should do smaller amounts of damage for a bigger side effect; each of the spells have 3 side effects. Do remember that Fire's Rain of Fire does more damage than Storm's Sirens both of the same level, so from that, I wanted to play around with it in this. Balance has no DoT's so I had it doing damage over time which means they can deal a bit more damage than a single hit or single hit AoE, but the spell will not deal a powerful 1st hit without major buffs and a critical. So Storm's 995 Damage from Lighting Bugs far outbeats Balance's 375 start hit. Lighting Bugs is more likely to do a one-hit-kill than Grand Centipede.

When I was creating the Storm spell, I did not want it to read 1000 damage to all enemies. That just seemed outlandish for the game at this stage. To compensate, I gave storm a mega power boost side effect to give them a bit more edge after using the spell. From my understanding, most Storms prefer to have damage increasing effects/utilities, so instead of taking a different approach and doing something out-of-the-box, I decided to stay within the lines of increasing damage.

I may consider dialing everyone's spell damage count back down to the mid-800's to high 900's with some of the DoT spells still going a tad over. But with the side effects being as powerful as they are, I may also bring the DoT spells within the high 900's range.

I am not trying to make Storm's power any weaker than what it currently is (seeing how far we've come in the game, I doubt that's possible). I'm trying to give each spell a different dynamic. Don't get down in the dumps, okay?

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
why does storm barely have any higher damage then the other schools i'm sure it would be better if you shrunk balances damage got rid of storms extra buffs and just made it plain out damage like it should be
I'll see what I can do about the damage ranges. As for Lighting Bugs, people were upset that Storm's Storm Owl didn't have a side effect, so I decided there should be one in my idea. If I'm ever looking to please you with my spell ideas, I'll remeber that Storm (you) doesn't want anything but damage in they're spells.

Historian
May 06, 2009

School Spells

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

Lore Spells

Preying Mantis

Mouse Paladin

Storm Sorcerer
570Damage. -45% Accuracy

School Pets

Dragonfly
Winter Rabbit
Storm Owl
Sabortooth
Gorgon
Dryad
Mini-Monster

Just some simple ideas.

I've decided to make a few changes to most of the spells up above. I've made red markings to where change has been made.

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Type: AoE, Manipulation Ward
975Damage, Take 1 Ward, +30%Ward to all enemies. Stun Block team

Lightning Bugs

Type: AoE, Manipulation, Ward
995Damage, -3 Charm, +25% next Damage to all enemies.

Grand Centipede

340+630Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

600+350 Steal over 3 Rds, -50% to next Damage& to all enemies, swap half health

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

965Damage, -3 Ward, Stun, +35% to next to all enemies

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I like the ideas...but why did you lower the damage on some of them why is that fire and storm and myth have more damage?...You made death and balance have less damage than they did at first...I can do more damage with Dr Von and its a lvl 68 death spell...and i wish instead of infection how about virulent plague?? infection doesnt even work unless dealing with a life boss that heals and that rarely happens at all. Death wiz already have infection, mass infection, dr von with infection, king artorious with infection as well sooooooo virulent plague would be so much better :] and Balance deserves more damage in the spell..seems like everyone is trying to make fire,storm,myth, and ice way power and give death life and balance low damage not fair :/

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
I've decided to make a few changes to most of the spells up above. I've made red markings to where change has been made.

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

340+630Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

May I make some changes to the Death Spell? Being a Death Wizard, I can tell you some good changes to make. Like you, I'll put the changes I think that are necessary in red.

Arachnotaur

Type: AoE, Steal, Dot, Charm, Global
625+475 Steal over 3 Rds, -50% to next Damage to all enemies, +30% to all spells (global), swap half health

The reason I added the Global because we already have many minus healing spells.

-Nick

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
I liked the first ones, but I didn't like the changes. I do more damage with a saber or chimera now.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Knowing you, Critical Blizzard, do you mean Storm? Because school's newest spells will always out-do previous spells. The idea behind these spells was to bring back more AoE spells in. I decided that they should do smaller amounts of damage for a bigger side effect; each of the spells have 3 side effects. Do remember that Fire's Rain of Fire does more damage than Storm's Sirens both of the same level, so from that, I wanted to play around with it in this. Balance has no DoT's so I had it doing damage over time which means they can deal a bit more damage than a single hit or single hit AoE, but the spell will not deal a powerful 1st hit without major buffs and a critical. So Storm's 995 Damage from Lighting Bugs far outbeats Balance's 375 start hit. Lighting Bugs is more likely to do a one-hit-kill than Grand Centipede.

When I was creating the Storm spell, I did not want it to read 1000 damage to all enemies. That just seemed outlandish for the game at this stage. To compensate, I gave storm a mega power boost side effect to give them a bit more edge after using the spell. From my understanding, most Storms prefer to have damage increasing effects/utilities, so instead of taking a different approach and doing something out-of-the-box, I decided to stay within the lines of increasing damage.

I may consider dialing everyone's spell damage count back down to the mid-800's to high 900's with some of the DoT spells still going a tad over. But with the side effects being as powerful as they are, I may also bring the DoT spells within the high 900's range.

I am not trying to make Storm's power any weaker than what it currently is (seeing how far we've come in the game, I doubt that's possible). I'm trying to give each spell a different dynamic. Don't get down in the dumps, okay?
but rain of fire is you know fire the school of damage over time now your trying to underpower us both the only school that making it DoT should make it the same or more as storm should be fire i understand you want balance to have a DoT but don't kill fire or storm in the process k?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

bro um still same damage? on were not the school of charm removal you know were the school of damage

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
one sounds very reasonable We need a All Enemies attack

Kevin lvl 86

Anthony Icegem lvl 70

Tyler Stormshield lvl 68

Mark Lifespear lvl 58

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
bro um still same damage? on were not the school of charm removal you know were the school of damage
First off, I'm not your bro. Second, you really do not know your own school at all.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/storm-school

Last sentence of the 3rd paragraph
"When enemies cast damage buffs on themselves or damage reducers on a friendly player, storm wizards can remove those spells."

And did you even take the time to look at the fact that when I decreased the damage of the spells, so Storm came out on top with damage this time? As I've said, I don't want an AoE spell for my ideas to read 1000 damage to all at the moment. Maybe for Rank 12+, but not 11. You're being extremely inconsiderate. If you desperately want Storm to have what you want, I strongly advise leave this thread, and make your own spell ideas. Otherwise, do not badger me over my ideas.

To all posters, a spell update change is coming up.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Keena0823 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I like the ideas...but why did you lower the damage on some of them why is that fire and storm and myth have more damage?...You made death and balance have less damage than they did at first...I can do more damage with Dr Von and its a lvl 68 death spell...and i wish instead of infection how about virulent plague?? infection doesnt even work unless dealing with a life boss that heals and that rarely happens at all. Death wiz already have infection, mass infection, dr von with infection, king artorious with infection as well sooooooo virulent plague would be so much better :] and Balance deserves more damage in the spell..seems like everyone is trying to make fire,storm,myth, and ice way power and give death life and balance low damage not fair :/
"why did you lower the damage on some of them why is that fire and storm and myth have more damage?"
I lowered the damage to see if I could keep Storm with the most power. I think this was a faulty change on my part for only listening to one person's view point and not waiting for more feedback. Don't worry, I'm going to make a major change to the spell ideas soon.

"I can do more damage with Dr Von and its a lvl 68 death spell"
Please remember Arachnotaur is an AoE spell. You will gain more health from multiple enemies. Steal spells generally do less damage than a damage spell of the same level. Also the spell is Stealing health over 3 rounds, so each round you'll gain a little more health and still do damage.

"and i wish instead of infection how about virulent plague??"
Could you please revisit the Archnotaur spell? I made is so it would leave both a -50% Damage charm and -50% Infection. I am Death as well and I know we have a ton of Infections just as Fire has tons of DoT's. I wanted to continue the Infection reign with Steals because I feel Infection goes well with Steals. But I also have always wanted to use Virulent Plague and Infection at the same time. So that's what I did with Archnotaur (for all who don't know, that's a half human, half Spider). Look closely and you'll see I did so.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
May I make some changes to the Death Spell? Being a Death Wizard, I can tell you some good changes to make. Like you, I'll put the changes I think that are necessary in red.

Arachnotaur

Type: AoE, Steal, Dot, Charm, Global
625+475 Steal over 3 Rds, -50% to next Damage to all enemies, +30% to all spells (global), swap half health

The reason I added the Global because we already have many minus healing spells.

-Nick
I do like your idea, but here's what I try to avoid. I want Death to have a global damage spell, because I don't feel it's fair our school has to look to a pet to gain a damage boost. However, I aviod making DoT's with a damage boosting global side effect. If you do that, the spell is naturally making itself more powerful. If I am going to incorporate a new global effect for death, I will have to scrap the Steal over time effect, which I value a little more than global effect for use. I'll see what I can do though.

Historian
May 06, 2009

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

Additional changes are being made. I've decided to make the spells span from the mid-900's to the low 1000's. While I still wince at AoE's doing 1000 damage on the spot, I am going to give it a try and see what you think. Some schools side effects have been weaken to counter the new damage. As always, the changes have been marked in red. If they are not marked in red, then I have left the change in corresponses to the 1st update change.

Veldfire Ants

1275Damage, -35% Accuracy, +25%Damage & Take 1 Charm to all enemies
*I think Veldfire Ants should be near or around the damage of Sun Serpent

Snow Hare

1190Damage, Take 1 Ward, +30%Ward to all. Stun Block team

Lightning Bugs

1345-1445Damage, -3 Charm to all enemies. -1 Charm to team
*Damage boost has been removed to accommodate the new damage . I'm adding a different side effect to make the spell have a team benefit effect.

Grand Centipede

385+780Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

710+390 Steal over 3 Rds, -65% to next Damage& to all enemies, swap half health
*Note: Arachnotaur is still being evaluated. I'm debating if I should drop the over time effect and infection, to make it deal 1 full Steal and have a Global effect. Please remember, Arachnotaur is giving both an Infection and stronger Virulent Plague. I increased their percentages.

Giant Katydid

Type: AoE, Global, Manipulation, Ward
1050Damage, Dispel, +20% next to all. +25% to all spells

Mole Hill

1080-1180Damage, -2 Ward, Stun, +25% to next to all

I actually think I'm more comfortable with these effects over the 1st updated versions. I think I was a underpowering every schools spells when I looked back at the Level 88 spells. I think we're at that 1000 damage to all enemies point. I'll still be listening for additional feedback and suggestions.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I like all your ideas, but I think instead of +20% damage on , it should be +30% Seeing as life mainly focuses on healing. But other that, amazing ideas, keep up the good work!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Additional changes are being made. I've decided to make the spells span from the mid-900's to the low 1000's. While I still wince at AoE's doing 1000 damage on the spot, I am going to give it a try and see what you think. Some schools side effects have been weaken to counter the new damage. As always, the changes have been marked in red. If they are not marked in red, then I have left the change in corresponses to the 1st update change.

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

*Damage boost has been removed to accommodate the new damage . I'm adding a different side effect to make the spell have a team benefit effect.

Grand Centipede

385+780Damage over 3 Rds, -1 Pip to all enemies. +35% Damage & +10% Pierce to team

Arachnotaur

*Note: Arachnotaur is still being evaluated. I'm debating if I should drop the over time effect and infection, to make it deal 1 full Steal and have a Global effect. Please remember, Arachnotaur is giving both an Infection and stronger Virulent Plague. I increased their percentages.

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

I actually think I'm more comfortable with these effects over the 1st updated versions. I think I was a underpowering every schools spells when I looked back at the Level 88 spells. I think we're at that 1000 damage to all enemies point. I'll still be listening for additional feedback and suggestions.
sounds awesome now

Historian
May 06, 2009
X172X172 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I like all your ideas, but I think instead of +20% damage on , it should be +30% Seeing as life mainly focuses on healing. But other that, amazing ideas, keep up the good work!
I've notice a lot of Life players wanting more power than heals as they say they have enough heals and heal boosts. When I make Life spells, I try to keep that in mind. Though you are right, Life does focus more on healing. Maybe KI will keep those more focused toward healing or, if I decide to make another utility spell post (I made one awhile back), I will do something related to heals. Incoming Heal boosts (like healing traps some will call it) have not been added yet.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
First off, I'm not your bro. Second, you really do not know your own school at all.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/storm-school

Last sentence of the 3rd paragraph
"When enemies cast damage buffs on themselves or damage reducers on a friendly player, storm wizards can remove those spells."

And did you even take the time to look at the fact that when I decreased the damage of the spells, so Storm came out on top with damage this time? As I've said, I don't want an AoE spell for my ideas to read 1000 damage to all at the moment. Maybe for Rank 12+, but not 11. You're being extremely inconsiderate. If you desperately want Storm to have what you want, I strongly advise leave this thread, and make your own spell ideas. Otherwise, do not badger me over my ideas.

To all posters, a spell update change is coming up.
can its an extra ability much like death has the side ability of damaging themselves for something that will help them in battle our specialty is damage

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

THIS KINGSISLE no poster is going to make better rank 11 spell ideas then these but there is a chance you might and i don't mean couldn't be more overpowered i mean this is the best list of rank 11 spells for the game a poster could come up with

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

School Spells

Veldfire Ants

Snow Hare

Lightning Bugs

Grand Centipede

Arachnotaur

Giant Katydid

Mole Hill

Lore Spells

Preying Mantis

Mouse Paladin

Storm Sorcerer
570Damage. -45% Accuracy

School Pets

Dragonfly
Winter Rabbit
Storm Owl
Sabortooth
Gorgon
Dryad
Mini-Monster

Just some simple ideas.

I've seen that you posted multiple times to adjust the spells. What you have to do is attack damage / pip = attack per pip. For example, storm lord and sirens are about 97, which means that 690 is slightly less than 7 pips and 880 is slightly less than 9. So, your storm aoe should be about 1075 1075/11=97.72, slightly less than 11.

Rain of fire does more damage than sirens because dot spells do more damage than single hit attacks to make up for the amount of time your opponent can heal or something.

Historian
May 06, 2009
David DeathFlame on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I've seen that you posted multiple times to adjust the spells. What you have to do is attack damage / pip = attack per pip. For example, storm lord and sirens are about 97, which means that 690 is slightly less than 7 pips and 880 is slightly less than 9. So, your storm aoe should be about 1075 1075/11=97.72, slightly less than 11.

Rain of fire does more damage than sirens because dot spells do more damage than single hit attacks to make up for the amount of time your opponent can heal or something.
Hmm, I see. I'll keep that in consideration for future spell ideas. But you also have equate side effects into the mix. Sometimes, depending on a spells side effect, can make a spells initial damage drop. If Sirens had no side effects, it may have dealt closer to the 1000's. I will try to follow a system of attack damage to pip count. Some times it helps, but most times I do not have a previous Rank spell to fall back to see what I can do. For example, Veldfire Ants is an AoE while Sun Serpent is primarily a single hit, or at least it's weird angle makes it difficult for me to build a spell of better value. Also sometimes I've seen KI go "willy-nilly" with their spells as they listen to feedback. For example:

In Testing...

Sirens use to deal 915 damage before it was cranked down
Chimeria dealt 320 to each head before increased to 340
Dr. Von's Monster gained a side effect (and name change) when it did not have one before
Guardian Spirit use to give back 25% health after defeat until it was decreased to 15%.
Spinysaur use to deal a net damage of 1000, when it was increased to 1350 (a huge jump).

So sometimes I think KI may drop it's ideals of following a Pip count to attack damage and will increase things to a point more favorable. I like to do multiple updates, mostly because it's just fun for me and I get to listen to different peoples input as I go along.

But thank you for your suggestions and I will keep that in mind going forward.