Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Castle Tours

AuthorMessage
Administrator
For the Test Realm - we encourage everyone to list every Castle they have! Let's see all of those amazing decorations!

Castle Tours

Myrella WindSpar has set up shop in the Wizard City Commons to allow young Wizards to open their homes up so that other players can visit and rate Castles without having to teleport to someone in the house!

Visiting Castles
When you speak to Myrella WindSpar in her Wizard City Commons shop, she will give you three options:

Visit Castle
If you wish to Visit a Castle, you can choose from Castles that were added in the last 24 hours, a random Castle, the Castle of a friend or a Top Rated Castle.

Add Castle
If you wish to put your own Castle up to be toured, you will be asked to categorize your Castle as Decorated, Magical, Crazy or a Maze. By adding your Castle to Castle Tours you agree that for the next 60 days other players may visit your Castle whether you are present or not. This means that players can visit your house at any time. If you no longer wish to open your house to tours, you can remove it from Castle Tours.

Remove Castle
If you've placed your Castle on the Castle Tours, you may remove it at any time by selecting Remove Castle from the main Castle Tours menu.

Rating Castles
When you visit a Castle, you can rate it! You may only rate a Castle by selecting "New Today" or "Random". You can rate Castles from one to four stars; a Good Castle, a Great Castle, a Fantastic Castle or a Spectacular Castle.

Rated Castles appear on the Leaderboards for up to 30 days and you can visit the top rated Castles at any time.

Find a decoration inappropriate? You can report a house from the very small button on the Friends Panel.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
How FUN I love visiting other castles and getting decorating ideas from them. Well done whoever has worked on this idea. Just brilliant.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Wonderful Idea! I work very hard on my castles and can't wait to show them off. My only concern is the Reporting, what would be considered inappropriate? It's not like you can bring things in from outside the game and everything in game is age appropriate, so I'm not really clear on what that would mean, also would false reporting the houses work the same as false reporting players???

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Two questions:

Do I need to turn "Limit home to friends" off to put my house on display?
If I leave it on, will only friends be able to visit?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
This is a great addition to the game. Finally we have a reason to go all-out on decorating!

Two changes:

Add more categories for housing tours (besides Magical, Maze, etc) How about Spooky, Zoo / Pet Ranch, Garden, Seasonal, Games, etc There are a lot of themes & house styles & the menu should reflect that.

Give us an option to limit tours by a castle type. So if we want ideas for a specific castle of our own, we can visit others like it. So I could visit "randoms" but only Myth Houses, or Red Barns, etc

Thanks!

grahambhg on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Two questions:

When you add a house to Castle Tours, you agree that random players can visit your house to rate it.

Because of this, Castle Tours ignores your limit home to friends setting.

Arthur

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
When you add a house to Castle Tours, you agree that random players can visit your house to rate it.

Because of this, Castle Tours ignores your limit home to friends setting.

Arthur
Thank you Arthur. That answers my questions quite nicely. Next question: will I be able to see/interact with people touring my castle (or any castle for that matter)?

Yes, you can see and interact with players visiting your house for Castle Tours.

I expect it will be common for houses on the leader boards to have lots of players visiting them.

Arthur

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
First off I want to say that this is a very cool idea. I love seeing how other wizards have decorated their house.

Two questions though

1st If you have teleporters set up to go to your other houses will random wizards just be able to teleport to those houses or will the only friends allowed to teleport option houses remain in effect for your house that is not added to the tour?

2nd I noticed it still gave me the option to open a bank. Does that mean other wizards can get into your bank and move things to their backpacks or does it automatically open your bank even though you are in another wizards house?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
MtnGirl76 on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
First off I want to say that this is a very cool idea. I love seeing how other wizards have decorated their house.

Two questions though

1st If you have teleporters set up to go to your other houses will random wizards just be able to teleport to those houses or will the only friends allowed to teleport option houses remain in effect for your house that is not added to the tour?

2nd I noticed it still gave me the option to open a bank. Does that mean other wizards can get into your bank and move things to their backpacks or does it automatically open your bank even though you are in another wizards house?
Teleporters work normally, so yes, visitors will be able to get to other places.

When you open a bank in another players castle or dorm, you actually get your own bank, not the other persons, so no, there is no danger of theft.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Nobel prize for the developer who inveted this!!! Best update ever.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
This is great fun!
More categories to add:

Haunted House
Pet Zoo
Party House (mini games, PvP, etc)
Holiday Theme
Garden
Collection / museum

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
KI love the new update I have six chars and some have more than one houses so ty for the castle tours

Miranda 90
Katherine 81
page 20
Anna 15
Rachel 10
Sabrina 2

Community Leader
I would love to thank KingsIsle for this update. It's going to be fun to tour players houses and show them. Makes it so much easier to see many houses when my friends list is limited. Simply brilliant.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
grahambhg on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Two questions:

1st Question Yes! If want it to be limited don't go on display!
2nd Question Yes!

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I see that one of my previous comments was removed (not for inappropriate stuff, by-the-way) when the thread was moved from test to live.

My previous comment/question is this: There are going to be thousands of castles to tour. What about castles that people list that are not decorated or are storage only?

I love the idea of checking out decorated homes. It's lots of fun, but I am finding 95+% of the homes I visit (for example, all of the ones I visited today), are NOT decorated at all or are only storage for extra stuff. I'm not able to see the simple and the extraordinary homes that wizards have created.

Is this something we have to live with, trying to wade through the countless empty or near empty castles?

For example:

Massive Fantasy Palace - Besides the entry door to get in, every door, hall, and stair was blocked. You could not move past the first room at all. It was not a maze or anything you had to figure out. It was just ... plain ... blocked.

Azteca house - It was totally empty except for a crafting table at the end of one room.

Wizard City house - (the cheapest one) - had only ONE tree outside, there was nothing else on the property nor inside.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I've always enjoyed seeing how other wizards decorate their houses. This is a wonderful addition; a big thank you, KI!

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I see that one of my previous comments was removed (not for inappropriate stuff, by-the-way) when the thread was moved from test to live.

My previous comment/question is this: There are going to be thousands of castles to tour. What about castles that people list that are not decorated or are storage only?

I love the idea of checking out decorated homes. It's lots of fun, but I am finding 95+% of the homes I visit (for example, all of the ones I visited today), are NOT decorated at all or are only storage for extra stuff. I'm not able to see the simple and the extraordinary homes that wizards have created.

Is this something we have to live with, trying to wade through the countless empty or near empty castles?

For example:

Massive Fantasy Palace - Besides the entry door to get in, every door, hall, and stair was blocked. You could not move past the first room at all. It was not a maze or anything you had to figure out. It was just ... plain ... blocked.

Azteca house - It was totally empty except for a crafting table at the end of one room.

Wizard City house - (the cheapest one) - had only ONE tree outside, there was nothing else on the property nor inside.
I agree completely. While I've seen a few great castles, the leaderboards are packed with empty houses. How about a minimum number of items (at least 50) before a house can be submitted for tours?

Defender
May 11, 2012
BrynnerofReign, I know what you mean. I was so excited to be able to visit other castles, but not so much anymore. 95% of the castles I get sent to when I click on "new castles added" or "random" are completely empty. Out of 9 castles visited yesterday, 8 of them were completely empty. I don't know why they were even added. It is just a giant waste of everybody's time. I spent a LOT of time and gold getting my 4 castles ready for the castle tours, but now I doubt if any of my castles were visited even once. KI should make it so that only castles that are actually decorated show up on the lists. If somebody tries to add a castle which has had nothing done to it, a message would pop up saying something like "Thank you for your interest in joining the castle tours. We see that your castle is not quite ready for touring. Please, decorate your castle with ideas from your imagination, and then we will be happy to add your home to the tour schedule". I hope they can figure out a way to get the castle touring to work a little bit better. There are a lot of great castles out there, and I would like to see them, but if I keep getting sent to empty castles most of the time, I am not even going to bother trying any more.

Autumn FairyDreamer