Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I noticed something

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I noticed that people in battle are getting on to a different wizard so they can see the spells, only casting and getting advantage. It's not fair. And the people I ran into who did that, I lost both of me. It makes me so angry! How about only friends can watch the battle. Doesn't stop all of it, but brings it down a little.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I noticed that people in battle are getting on to a different wizard so they can see the spells, only casting and getting advantage. It's not fair. And the people I ran into who did that, I lost both of me. It makes me so angry! How about only friends can watch the battle. Doesn't stop all of it, but brings it down a little.
You can't cheat with spectator mode. They took away the coloring of the spells, so it only shows it as a regular card, enchant, TC, and gear spells all show up as the same color.

Wolf Skullslinger, (plus with friends you'd run into the exact same thing you're complaining about)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
You can't cheat with spectator mode. They took away the coloring of the spells, so it only shows it as a regular card, enchant, TC, and gear spells all show up as the same color.

Wolf Skullslinger, (plus with friends you'd run into the exact same thing you're complaining about)
Ok thank you!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Ok thank you!
No problem

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:

Yes, they changed all spells to look like normal spells, which helps a little for things like a gear blade that is a different color, but you can still see the nature of the spell. If you cast a 45% bubble, it shows white instead of as a yellow tc, but you can still see it's a 45%. Same with my weakness example that I've been giving in the many threads on this topic. For example, you can still see the accuracy number on a spell so you can still know that the weakness spell was enchanted with Extraordinary, and therefore stacked with a regular weakness. But it takes a more diligent person to notice such things now that all spells appear as normal spells.

At least changing all the spells to look like normal spells was a start, but a determined player can still have his friends give him important information if they are paying attention. I think Spectator Mode was a great addition, allowing us to see games up close and personal.

My solution is you can see the spell being cast, but you cannot mouse over it to see it's exact nature.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Malt22 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Yes, they changed all spells to look like normal spells, which helps a little for things like a gear blade that is a different color, but you can still see the nature of the spell. If you cast a 45% bubble, it shows white instead of as a yellow tc, but you can still see it's a 45%. Same with my weakness example that I've been giving in the many threads on this topic. For example, you can still see the accuracy number on a spell so you can still know that the weakness spell was enchanted with Extraordinary, and therefore stacked with a regular weakness. But it takes a more diligent person to notice such things now that all spells appear as normal spells.

At least changing all the spells to look like normal spells was a start, but a determined player can still have his friends give him important information if they are paying attention. I think Spectator Mode was a great addition, allowing us to see games up close and personal.

My solution is you can see the spell being cast, but you cannot mouse over it to see it's exact nature.
I do see your point, but I don't think it matters to the overall match. If you're trying to stack weaknesses then you would immediately put on another regular/enchanted right after you put the different weakness on. I'm trying to get the loremaster on my balance level 30 so I can spam her and spam weaknesses as well trollololololol.

Sorry for being rude in the other post about this.
Wolf Skullslinger