Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 animated series

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I might not be the first one to think of this but i might as well say something. When i saw the recent animated commercials made by kingsisle an idea came to mind. Using this type of animation kingsisle should make an animated series based on the story and storyline of the wizard 101 game. It would be an amazing thing to see all the spells, characters, and, story come to life in an animated series. Kingsisle even already has characters to use in the show. The characters in the abracadoodle comic would work great.
I mean the female life wizard and the male storm wizard from the comic.
The two other wizards that would work would be female ice wizard and the male myth student seen in the malistare fight commercial as seen on TV and youtube.

If other players see this tell me if you think it's a good idea. And dont be afraid to sugest things you think kingsisle should put in the series if they did make a series based off the wizard101 game.

What do "you" think

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
That's a really cool idea!! Would be my fave show

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Sounds awesome! Would you mind if this thread was posted on Pirate101 too? It sounds like an excellent idea and I would watch both shows all the time. XD

~Katherine DeathHunter, level 85 ~

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
rusher2828 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I might not be the first one to think of this but i might as well say something. When i saw the recent animated commercials made by kingsisle an idea came to mind. Using this type of animation kingsisle should make an animated series based on the story and storyline of the wizard 101 game. It would be an amazing thing to see all the spells, characters, and, story come to life in an animated series. Kingsisle even already has characters to use in the show. The characters in the abracadoodle comic would work great.
The two other wizards that would work would be female ice wizard and the male myth student seen in the malistare fight commercial as seen on TV and youtube.

If other players see this tell me if you think it's a good idea. And dont be afraid to sugest things you think kingsisle should put in the series if they did make a series based off the wizard101 game.

What do "you" think
It would be a cool idea

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Stormgem307 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
That's a really cool idea!! Would be my fave show
Same here!

Destiny Windgem, level 53

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
No I don't mind, it sounds like a great idea.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012

What do "you" think
o: awesome I wish my ice character Brittany rose could be in it, she is so powerful.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I absolutely this idea My kids really submerge into this game, and to be honest so do I . I think it would also be a spectacular way to bring new players into our little world. They could even add a reward, like a code popping up during the show that will get you a free housing item based on what happened in the episode! Now that would be They would have my hooked for the of the show

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I just love this idea. Really has to happen people!!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
That codes idea sounds like a really great idea and it would be a good way to bring more players
to the game.
Glad you the idea.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I thought of something like this. It would be epic. Just epic. So there would be a character for each school? Like I guess the leader could be balance, then there could be an ice, storm, fire, death, life and myth guy or gal. I don't know if making the leader balance would be favoritism, but in a way I guess it makes sense. It's a shame I don't really have tv at all right now. But yeah. That would be so cool if they could make a show about wizard101. And if it went a little something like the way the story is in the game. And the music for the credits and just music in the show could be the different theme songs heard in game. Like the mooshu or Avalon themes.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The good thing is you might not need a TV to watch the show.
The show would be most likely shown on the wizard 101 website or the kingsisle youtube channel for people to watch at home.
For a company like kingsisle it would be an easy transaction of media to the public.
They have plenty to work with.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
This would be awesome. There could be 7 main characters for the schools. It would go along the storyline :)

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
That many main characters could work if they alternated one or two of the characters per quest, world, or season.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
wizardrokz on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
This would be awesome. There could be 7 main characters for the schools. It would go along the storyline :)
Yes, I just said that.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The characters aren't the only things that could go along with th storyline if wizard were to be made into an animated series.
The bundles that you purchase at stores and the items that come with them could be incorperated into the story.
Like items from the atlantean bundle could appear in the world of Celestia when the series reached that world.
Or the winterbaine bundle for the first or second part of Grizzlehiem ,including the other bundles and thier spiral world relations and so on.
Feedback on this part of the developing idea would be greatly thanked.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013

What do "you" think
It would be my fave show too

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I imagine the worlds that are in the game as side worlds like Grizzlehiem, Wysteria,and Aquila could be incorperated into the animated series when the main storyline is halted until the next world.

Like after the series finishes Dragonspyre it could transition to Grizzlehiem part 1.
The aquila dungeons would definatly apply for between main storyline parts. Like when dragonspyre was finished, thats when those branch worlds would be incorperated. Like when the storyline told by headmaster Ambrose tells you to rest and return to your magical studies.

So all you wizards out on the blogs tell me what you think. This is definatly something that is open to opinion and suggestions.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I have to say this is an interesting idea and if a series did come out on TV/Cable/Internet, I would watch it. I can also see other merchandise coming from it too. However, doing a series like this is a HUGE undertaking. The problem I currently see with this is the fact that the game is still on-going and the story or a part of the story is still going on. The writers would have to take great care to make sure they don't give out to much information for those that are new players coming into the game and then making sure they don't have conflicts with the storyline and where they want it to go. Meaning if they are adding sub-stories to an animated series, they need to be sure the history that is already written meshes correctly with it and that they don't put themselves in a corner with the stories of the series that will make it harder for them to continue with the story in the game. I hope I am making sense. If not, sorry.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Linsilee Moonwillo... on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I have to say this is an interesting idea and if a series did come out on TV/Cable/Internet, I would watch it. I can also see other merchandise coming from it too. However, doing a series like this is a HUGE undertaking. The problem I currently see with this is the fact that the game is still on-going and the story or a part of the story is still going on. The writers would have to take great care to make sure they don't give out to much information for those that are new players coming into the game and then making sure they don't have conflicts with the storyline and where they want it to go. Meaning if they are adding sub-stories to an animated series, they need to be sure the history that is already written meshes correctly with it and that they don't put themselves in a corner with the stories of the series that will make it harder for them to continue with the story in the game. I hope I am making sense. If not, sorry.
You make a valid point about this subject.
It would cause much conflict with the decision of online players ,and not revealing to much of the future storyline would be a tricky thing.
Thank you for pointing this out to me and the other people who have commented on this page.
This player input has been helpful to the presented subject.
Thank you Lensilee I would like to hear more of these issues ,and ideas about how to fix these issues from you and other players on Wizard101.
Hopefully this animated series can get off the ground with the ideas and enthusiasim of all the wizard101 players.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
AWESOME!!! I love the idea but: Kingsisle needs to get bigger if it wants to be as big to manage both a mmo and a tv show at the same time. But AWESOME IDEA!!! Second as others have stated it would be hard for the tv show not to spoil storyline. BUT AWESOME!!! However here are my ideas(the names would not necessarily be the ones I write here ok?): Usual tutorial area where we meet the balance wizard: Mario Skyshield

Mario Skyshield (or whatever name they give him, that is assuming we meet the wizards in the order I state them)

Should have characteristics (Shc) : powerful (they are all going to be OP in there own area , wise, charming, calm, balanced (da), brave (they are all brave) (I use characteristics given in the test)

Ian Dragonshield Rainbow bridge (you'll see why)

Shc: intelligent, loyal, funny, brave, most importantly, reckless, OP

Gets to Unicorn Way BAAAM!!!

Dawn Lightshield (note: I'm not using names available in the scroller to make it more realistic)

Shc: charming, cheerful, OP, funny, brave

Now when we get to Olde town this is why I wanted 3 wizards by the time they've made it to Olde town, so each one can take a different street. Ian- Firecat alley, Mario-Triton avenue, Dawn- Cyclops Lane.

So the order the tv show would go would be: Dawn, Mario and then Ian.

Cyclops Lane Jack shadowsleeper

Shc: Intelligent, troublemaker, not serious at all

Triton Ave. Sean Stormgem

Shc. Fast, educated, troublemaker, sacredly cat (of the group, nit in general specifically of tickles)

Firecat Alley Eduardo Dragonstaff

Shc: Not driven, friendly, never gets in trouble

OK I'm running out of characters so there is more, and sorry for the plethora of parenthesis, give opinions, ask questions and

To be continued...

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Luke Skysleeper on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
AWESOME!!! I love the idea but: Kingsisle needs to get bigger if it wants to be as big to manage both a mmo and a tv show at the same time. But AWESOME IDEA!!! Second as others have stated it would be hard for the tv show not to spoil storyline. BUT AWESOME!!! However here are my ideas(the names would not necessarily be the ones I write here ok?): Usual tutorial area where we meet the balance wizard: Mario Skyshield

Mario Skyshield (or whatever name they give him, that is assuming we meet the wizards in the order I state them)

Should have characteristics (Shc) : powerful (they are all going to be OP in there own area , wise, charming, calm, balanced (da), brave (they are all brave) (I use characteristics given in the test)

Dawn Lightshield (note: I'm not using names available in the scroller to make it more realistic)

Now when we get to Olde town this is why I wanted 3 wizards by the time they've made it to Olde town, so each one can take a different street. Ian- Firecat alley, Mario-Triton avenue, Dawn- Cyclops Lane.

Shc. Fast, educated, troublemaker, sacredly cat (of the group, nit in general specifically of tickles)

OK I'm running out of characters so there is more, and sorry for the plethora of parenthesis, give opinions, ask questions and

To be continued...

I like your ideas, though you only included one girl, which I think should be changed. I think the personalities are pretty good, but I think one of the wizards should be more solitary, and perhaps rude/stubborn. (perhaps this young wizard could be tempted to join the enemy, but then his/her friends come and blah blah they happy and friends and he/she less rude/stubborn/whatever) Anyway, cool ideas, peace out, and wait ... I have an idea for the myth or maybe death wizard, lol. I dunno name but it could be a girl, who's stubborn, solitary, makes jokes at the others' expense, and basically reminds yah of a younger, girl version of Cyrus, lol.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Luke Skysleeper on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:

To be continued...

Luckily this series doesn't have to be presented on a television network.
It's more likely to be seperated clips at first then a fully edited together episode.
Finally you have to remember that kinsisle currently has characters ready to work with.
Two chaaracters would definatly have to be the and the students from the CGI battle against Malistare commercials.
I say that for two reasons.
One these two characters have already been seen by a nationwide audience of wizard101 players ,and two that audience of players has already recognized those two characters as a significant icon in the community of players.
All other characters will be left to decide on. The names will most likely be up to the company depending on how big a deal they will make the series.
Thank you Luke for your valued input to this idea. Keep the ideas coming.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I like these ideas. I've been on the message boards for almost a year and I never thought of this. Keep up the good work!