Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life and ice way overpowered schools now

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
All I see are wizards of these schools focus on defense with health, resistance, and critical block to make it literally impossible for people to beat them. Ice wizards wait and just use snow angel while life wizards just hide behind there huge health and resistance and as soon as they get hit heal and with the huge resistance and critical block you can never really hurt them either way. In the old days balance and storm were overpowerd but now it is without a doubt life and ice

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wow. I've never heard of Life being accused of being over powered.

It's an interesting sensation. I think it might be called - bewilderment.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Might have been best to combine your other post regarding Ice with this one, or at the very least, you should have looked for the other posts regarding overpowered-ness.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I'm tired of all you people complaining about other schools being overpowered. If you can't beat them, you obviously have no skill, or cannot create strategies. I can understand people complaining about Jade items to some extent, but geez this is getting annoying. You people need to suck it up and deal with it.

Caleb Boom level 31

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Hi, when my character was a lvl 44 back in the day when I litterly had 0 resist to any school and only 16 boost to all schools my strategy was when I fight life in a 1v1 it had to be a one shot kill or you will have some problems, but I am here to inform you that neither school is overpowered its all about strategy and the way you play your cards. That strategy I told you about was the strategy I used to beat a lvl 63 at the time. I think you just need a new plane dude.

James Hawkeyes
level 54
Grandmaster

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:

i've always heard everyone complaining life was not good enough. This would be a first anyone has ever liked it. I'm ice and i have noticed nothing different besides battles taking forever in avalon. -Emma frostriver 76

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
ReliableDiamondThu... on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I'm tired of all you people complaining about other schools being overpowered. If you can't beat them, you obviously have no skill, or cannot create strategies. I can understand people complaining about Jade items to some extent, but geez this is getting annoying. You people need to suck it up and deal with it.

Caleb Boom level 31
If you don`t PvP, then you shouldn`t criticize them. Although I am annoyed at the sheer numbers of these threads, I agree. A Storm with Jade Armor...need I say more? However, in PvE, it`s more even. I think the simplest solution is for KI to tighten the PvP gear restrictions. to

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
I am Ice and part Life and i'm glad that its true i mean Life mostly heal and have absorb spells and Ice waits the right time to use mammoth and snow angel.But not only that, its the Pets are a advantage.They give you a extra card and sometimes its cast Unicorn,Sprite, and Pixie spells Micheal DragonLeaf

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Really, I agree if you complain about schools being overpowered is silly. Time to learn some tactics .

My thoughts...

Sabrina Daisyrunner 87 level

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
It is not like kingsisle is trying to make other schools better each school is unique and makes up for power in health and stuff like that

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Well I am a Life Wizard myself Level 74 I do not Not think nor have I Ever thought that Ice or Life was overpowered because of our attacks. I have tried many times to kill with two hits on a boss in Avalon usually I have to hit 4 or 5 times to kill the boss with gnomes with blades and the sun school but what makes us Life and Ice is our Defense such as Ices Shields and Life's Heals which aid us in battle to Win.All schools our Balanced no matter what you think and Wizard101 makes sure of that. I wish everyone in the Spiral the best of luck! - Joseph DayBlossom level 74

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Megaboy270 on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I am Ice and part Life and i'm glad that its true i mean Life mostly heal and have absorb spells and Ice waits the right time to use mammoth and snow angel.But not only that, its the Pets are a advantage.They give you a extra card and sometimes its cast Unicorn,Sprite, and Pixie spells Micheal DragonLeaf
Absorb is not a guaranteed defense. In the right conditions, and a condition available to everybody, absorbs are 100% useless. I will admit it IS a useful tool to have.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Are you KIDDING me?! I'm a life wizard and I have never ONCE one a boss battle easily, or a pvp at all. The way it is right now, in my opinion, everything is balanced. Each school has its thing.

Life - Pros: high health, healing. Cons: Weak attack, few minions, no attacks to all enemies.
Death - Pros: health steal spells, pip based minion, several good shields and blades. Cons: Weak-ish attack spells, high-ish pip cost.
Myth - Pros: LOTS of minions. Cons: no heal spells
Fire - Pros: DoT spells, AoE spells. Cons: Somewhat low health, not very many traps
Ice - Pros: high health, lots of support spells i.e. shields, traps, blades. Cons: Ice actually IS a bit overpowered. Off the top of my head I can't think of any cons.
Storm - Pros: high, high, HIGH attacks. Cons: low health, low accuracy.
Balance - Pros: great blades, traps, and a few AoE spells. Cons: low attacks

That's all there is to it. Some schools might have more cons than pros or vice versa, but when you weigh them against each other they really come out the same.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
KKoop3 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Are you KIDDING me?! I'm a life wizard and I have never ONCE one a boss battle easily, or a pvp at all. The way it is right now, in my opinion, everything is balanced. Each school has its thing.

Life - Pros: high health, healing. Cons: Weak attack, few minions, no attacks to all enemies.
Death - Pros: health steal spells, pip based minion, several good shields and blades. Cons: Weak-ish attack spells, high-ish pip cost.
Fire - Pros: DoT spells, AoE spells. Cons: Somewhat low health, not very many traps
Ice - Pros: high health, lots of support spells i.e. shields, traps, blades. Cons: Ice actually IS a bit overpowered. Off the top of my head I can't think of any cons.

That's all there is to it. Some schools might have more cons than pros or vice versa, but when you weigh them against each other they really come out the same.
Actually life has Forest Lord. Just saying

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
KKoop3 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:

ice has weak attacks and btw life has forest lord

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
TRENT108 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
All I see are wizards of these schools focus on defense with health, resistance, and critical block to make it literally impossible for people to beat them. Ice wizards wait and just use snow angel while life wizards just hide behind there huge health and resistance and as soon as they get hit heal and with the huge resistance and critical block you can never really hurt them either way. In the old days balance and storm were overpowerd but now it is without a doubt life and ice
Ummmmmmmmmm... no ice has high resistance? Life is a school designed to heal... and that's it.... storm and balance are still overpowered.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
ReliableDiamondThu... on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:

Caleb Boom level 31
reliable diomand has a point.... i agree people... train your self or some thing if anything your underpowered.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
pirate8375 on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Really, I agree if you complain about schools being overpowered is silly. Time to learn some tactics .

My thoughts...

Sabrina Daisyrunner 87 level
You are a life, explains your stance however lets look at some stats shall we?
Your school has a 40% blade
Your school has triage which is very useful against every school except storm and balance
Your school has the second highest health
Your school has access to the most healing spells and the best ones
Your school also has very good gear and spell damage wich should not happen since life is not an attack school
Your school is tied for second with ice on the level 90 leaderboard
out of the top 1000
10 are storm wizards
7 are ice and life wizards
6 are balance
5 are death
3 are myth and
only 2 are fire
As for your comment on tactics i am a level 90 fire veteran, i have changed my tactics many times and will probably continue to do so, yet you as a life can put on jade gear put in some tc fortify and earthquake then put on a block wand and have a resist pet and be a warlord easily assuming you have a deck that will allow you to satyr whenever you need one, (which is pretty much never) and have a couple of hits and feints and have an easy path to commander/ warlord, so why you get crowns and a resist pet, what i have to do is test out gear and strategies for a hundred matches then i have to change deck several times along the way, and what do you have to do? All you have to do is sit there the entire match just making sure i don't get enough blades to kill you and when i do hit you heal off all the damage. then after i run out of cards because i can only reshuffle one time, you can double feint and blade a million times and kill me and to me and a lot of other people that seems way too easy, and you get the easy way to commander/ warlord while everyone else save for ices and storms have to find a strategy that works for them refine it and lose many many matches along the way. So sorry if people think life is overpowered.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:

card pack only "bought" mystery jade armor, make life over powered, research it, plus triage, plus all mentioned about, yes, overpowered turtle at level 90

<--this

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I've never heard nor thought of as being OP

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
DominoDog222 on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
If you don`t PvP, then you shouldn`t criticize them. Although I am annoyed at the sheer numbers of these threads, I agree. A Storm with Jade Armor...need I say more? However, in PvE, it`s more even. I think the simplest solution is for KI to tighten the PvP gear restrictions. to
a storm with jade? worst combo ever storm with low damage? least of your concerns pvp people are getting annoying nerf that nerf nerf nerf nerf that schools ability if these pvp people got their way it would eventually break down into one school called mage. mages talents: no shields no heals no blades no traps no blades no stat but health and power pip percentages no minions no auras no enhancements just you click on your spell until you beat game then you go into pvp for who fizzles more. i am not joking thats what you people are pushing towards

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Balance princess on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I've never heard nor thought of as being OP
I'm a wizard and as I progress through the game, I'm starting to agree that life is overpowered. Past Centaur we get great attacks. The only enemies we face for a long while are in the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, and that's just a side quest. So yes, is overpowered, BUT, the battles are SO slow, and it takes FOREVER to progress. Imagine how it would be if weren't overpowered.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
critical blizzard on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
a storm with jade? worst combo ever storm with low damage? least of your concerns pvp people are getting annoying nerf that nerf nerf nerf nerf that schools ability if these pvp people got their way it would eventually break down into one school called mage. mages talents: no shields no heals no blades no traps no blades no stat but health and power pip percentages no minions no auras no enhancements just you click on your spell until you beat game then you go into pvp for who fizzles more. i am not joking thats what you people are pushing towards
?

actually, pvp as well as pve are fundamental parts of just about all online games, sorry

but, i DO think pvp needs improvement, as well as pve drop rates, no pay to win on tournament for those who play for subscriptions already, this fee would cost far higher if this was the reason one would play, then a $15 dollor a month subscription. this is pay to win to me. one of the reasons i came back untill i say this ...
will not stuff that troll.

to many pros and cons latly, but some games i play, you better believe they will rewrite your whole class and say deal with it, not to mention rewriting gear you own, and so on and so forth, but, ya, pvp and pve are a balancing act, in almost all MMOs, and both sides cast the argument that evens out any good game for both sides, is a wonderful thing

Explorer
May 21, 2012
TRENT108 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
i dont think so if anything yeah i guess ice is overpowered in a way i have one and hes 58 so after that i went to practice pvp with my new gear and everything i won every match i played unleast they had 10 levels over me so using my tactics yeah its overpowered i just got seven power pips to elemental blades and two ice blade and double snowangeled hoping that i got a power pip next round plus with my pet i have 51 universal resist thats overpowered the way i play cause that abot 600 a round for each snow angel and now im working on my life and if anything hes underpowered yes my damage boost boosts my centaurs up to about 700-800 damage
and yes triage is overpowered and yes i got it but i only use if i know i need it plus if u frostbite me or poision skeleton dragon exc. i can only take it off after the 2nd round unleast predict it sry for any spelling mistakes that my opinion

talon moontail 44 lail waterblade 58 autumn darkeyes 62