Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice defense Overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
Ice wizards are extremely overpowered with there defense. They have a huge amount of health, resistance, and critical block, along with things like ice absorb and towershields to add on to the already overpowered defense.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Well, all schools have a specific thing that they're good at. Ice's is defense.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Please be sure to read the other posts regarding the alleged OP of Ice. Your comments are no different than what others have already stated. It's best to respond to those threads instead of making another Ice is OP thread.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Ice is not overpowered, their skill is defence. Like storm's skill is striking the opponent so hard that shields barely matter. So please stop whining and think about what you post.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Markodeath1337 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Well, all schools have a specific thing that they're good at. Ice's is defense.
I agree with marodeath. Every wizard has something special about them. While fire's is doing damage over time, storm's is damage, life's is healing, death's is stealing, balance's is pretty good at everything, and myth's is stuns, blades, traps, minions, and that sort of stuff. Ice should have something special, which happens to be shielding and health. They are a marathon school, they can stay in the fight for a long time and continue to survive. I wouldn't pick on ice so much, because if any of them find out you said that, you might just want to watch your back

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
TRENT108 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Ice wizards are extremely overpowered with there defense. They have a huge amount of health, resistance, and critical block, along with things like ice absorb and towershields to add on to the already overpowered defense.
Well every school has its own thing so something like this isn't valid because you could say storm hits too hard, life heals too much, death drains too much, balance balances too much(lol), etc but it is balanced wether you think it is or you think it isn't

Luke Sky Walker level 35 (I don't say this just to defend my school)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
everyone here is wrong, every school does not have its own thing, they used too. Thanks to jade everyone resists as if they were ice or life, thanks to hades everyone criticals as if theyre storm, again thanks to jade everyone heaals as if theyre life, everyone does dot now as if they are fire, only schools that has kept its originality is death which i am happy about :)

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well is their defense is their specialty. They have sacrificed so much for it. Damage, accuracy, and some other things too. And quit complaining please.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Lol im a lvl 58 and I have 2 different types of gear I wear. 1 lvl 40 pagoda gear, its pretty decent only flaw is no resist what so ever. Upside to it I have 63 universal critical, some block and I have 3600 something health. 2 its random bazaar gear (boss looking) its mainly for universal resist which i have 33%. This gear is made up of a lvl 54 hat lvl 54 robe or shirt whatever you want to call it and lvl 58 boots. I have 3400 something heath with this gear but yea I dont call myself OP at all. Not to mention the 500 mana from the other stuff but thats besides the point. So yea, imagine if they took away ices defense and health then ice wouldnt even be worth anyones time because they litterly wouldnt get far in the spiral. If you hate fighting ice so much make an ice person and see for yourself. I bet you would probably start complaining about other schools.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Greek and Roman Go... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
I agree with marodeath. Every wizard has something special about them. While fire's is doing damage over time, storm's is damage, life's is healing, death's is stealing, balance's is pretty good at everything, and myth's is stuns, blades, traps, minions, and that sort of stuff. Ice should have something special, which happens to be shielding and health. They are a marathon school, they can stay in the fight for a long time and continue to survive. I wouldn't pick on ice so much, because if any of them find out you said that, you might just want to watch your back
You will want to watch your back, as he stated. I may not be a PVP guru or anything absurd like that, but i know how to fight and win it. Be warned.

Anyways, Ice seems underpowered to me, our damage SUCKS, but that is only balanced out by our health.
I don't use resist gear, cause we already got decent health, And i RARELY use snow angel (Our DOT). I max out on critical when i can, and hope that in azteca i can find the OP crit gear i keep seeing, i saw a guy with a hood that gave him +120 fire crit rate. That's insane!

He also states in this post that every school has their own Overpowered-ness, That's true.

has insane damage and crit rate, but their health is not good.
can drain and can heal, Both are OKAY but not great.
damage comes up in the top damages, Second to storm i think, And they got loads of DOT spells. Maybe best school to do
has the health and sometimes the resist, But the damage sucks
stuns a lot, and some spells are a combo-esque attack, Minotaur for example, What is it? 50 and 450?
has no weak points or strong points, Thus the best school for newbies and people who never played a game before

Need i say more?

Signing off, Flint StrongVault, and Technomage

______________________________________________________________________________________

"To defeat the shadow king, You must think like The Darkness, You must learn their strong points, As they reveal what they are weak to, You shall learn these soon, young one, but for now you must keep focused on this task ahead" -???, the game i will make in the future

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
I have a level 90 ice wizard and have to say that they are definitely OP with the right gear set. All i need on my ice guy is Avalon crafted hat and robe, senator's frostfall boots (level 90 aquila boots), alpha and omega ring, blade of the felled Titan, hades ice wand, and a proof defy pet. Using this gives me around 40% damage, 46% universal resist, immunity (yes i said IMMUNITY) to fire, 200 something critical, and around 150 block. Using all this ice is most certainly OP but all of this gear is hard to get so i think they're fine.

Jacob Ironeyes- lvl 90
Jacob Legendblood- lvl 90
Jacob Ravenrider- lvl 76
Jacob Deathblade- lvl 70
Jacob Firesword- lvl 68

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Another complaint. About a certain school being OP. Seriously? No school is overpowered. A certain wizard could be good at the game, and have op stats. But no certain school is op. Nope. And every school DOES have an advantage whether you like it or not. Certain gear can mess that up a bit, but still. Every school has some specialty no other school has. Ice is meant to have the highest health and the best resist. They're like glaciers.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Ice's defense isn't overpowered. Have a nice day my friends!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
In PvE, there shouldn't be a concern what other schools have. Working together to defeat a common foe is what it's about, not wondering who's OP and who's not.