Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Advanced Furniture?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
I Think it would be pretty cool if you guys added furniture, that you can ACTUALLY use. And what i mean by that is, when someone makes up a little kitchen by buying lots of kitchen equipment and tries to sit down at a table, it would be pretty much more fun if you just make them sit down on the chair by pressing "X". then parties and tea parties would be much more fun! (Not that anyone really does tea parties) But you know what i mean

Also it would be neat to be able to sleep in a bed, but only twin beds......Cause you never know what kind of players there are....

So far, i guess those are all the ideas i have. but i mean, if there are COUCHES in w101 then i guess you should add a "sit down" thing to it too. You get the point by now

Also if anyone replies to this, i hope some people have more ideas for what to "Sit in" or "use" or "Sleep" in.

Thanks! ~Nora Night Level 41

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Elite aspect on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I Think it would be pretty cool if you guys added furniture, that you can ACTUALLY use. And what i mean by that is, when someone makes up a little kitchen by buying lots of kitchen equipment and tries to sit down at a table, it would be pretty much more fun if you just make them sit down on the chair by pressing "X". then parties and tea parties would be much more fun! (Not that anyone really does tea parties) But you know what i mean

Also it would be neat to be able to sleep in a bed, but only twin beds......Cause you never know what kind of players there are....

So far, i guess those are all the ideas i have. but i mean, if there are COUCHES in w101 then i guess you should add a "sit down" thing to it too. You get the point by now

Also if anyone replies to this, i hope some people have more ideas for what to "Sit in" or "use" or "Sleep" in.

Thanks! ~Nora Night Level 41
Some of the crowns furniture is interactive already, but you will NEVER be able to sit or lay down on anything. Professor Greyrose has stated this countless times, along with the reasons. This is a game geared toward children and adults would misuse that furniture in ways we don't even want to discuss.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2012
YA! that will be so cool it will be like taking care of you little wizard101. I hope they add that in the near future.
But also they are some how can i say this? Some naughty wizards that can turn a good thing into a bad thing.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I feel that instead of our bank, our dorms don't serve much purpose. It is nice gettig things to decorate our dorm, and now having crafting and gardening does give us things to do. On some games, we get a rested bonus when we log out in a home or sleep. I recomend that our characters can have a rested bonus when we sleep at our dorms or homes which allows us to level up faster.

What point is having a bed in our dorm or home if we can't even use it?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This is a keen idea. I guess all players are removed from houses or dorms when they log out, so they can't sneak into someone's home, log out, then log in when the player is gone and invite a bunch of people in to use their pagoda or something.

Off-topic: when you said bank, I thought you were about to suggest an actual way to collect interest on deposited gold in-game. Make it work in such a way that your savings account can contain more than max gold. So you don't lose money by saving it!

Hehe I'd love it if we could do this with crowns, too (but wishful thinking I know)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
balanced life on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
I feel that instead of our bank, our dorms don't serve much purpose. It is nice gettig things to decorate our dorm, and now having crafting and gardening does give us things to do. On some games, we get a rested bonus when we log out in a home or sleep. I recomend that our characters can have a rested bonus when we sleep at our dorms or homes which allows us to level up faster.

What point is having a bed in our dorm or home if we can't even use it?
Sadly, this will not happen, and has been posted many times over.

This game is family-friendly and child-based. KI will never allow wizards to lie on beds or sit on furniture.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
But the point of this tread isn't about interacting with furniture, it's about a rested bonus.

I think this is territory that should be explored.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
That's what I mean. KI doesn't need to show our character's sleeping. Just in some games, you get a rested bonus and you can level up faster. It would be nice if KI did the same thing.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I am still curious what kinds of bonuses could be incorporated with this.

But how long would you have to be logged out in order to earn a bonus? Just thinking about possible exploits.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
crunkatog on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
This is a keen idea. I guess all players are removed from houses or dorms when they log out, so they can't sneak into someone's home, log out, then log in when the player is gone and invite a bunch of people in to use their pagoda or something.

Off-topic: when you said bank, I thought you were about to suggest an actual way to collect interest on deposited gold in-game. Make it work in such a way that your savings account can contain more than max gold. So you don't lose money by saving it!

Hehe I'd love it if we could do this with crowns, too (but wishful thinking I know)
what's the problem with people using the pagoda or winterbane it helps them and doesn't harm the owner at all

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
First off, I'm still rather new to w101. Came from another game after the servers were closed down so I needed another place to loiter around in with friends.

Not too long after I started playing, I found out about castles and houses in w101. The whole concept seemed interesting at first. Some of my friends have REALLY decked out places that look like mansions. This was super amazing............until I found out that they're rather useless.

Other than storing pets and crafting I think........they really serve no other purpose. In SecondLife, I know that you can at least click a couch and your character can sit on it. Think KI can add simple functions like that? Dont do anything with the bed though. I'll willingly let that slide. Not only that, But Monster Hunter has neat miscellaneous character emotes where characters can sit on the ground. Even the game Okami has a random Barking button for no reason that's just awesome to use.

I guess what I'm saying is, can we have random miscellaneous actions? Not only that, can the houses be made with more game interactive features?

I'm part of a forum that also recently got into w101 for the most part. I want to invest in getting a Castle/house/thing that ALL of us can enter at any point in time and then use the features there in the castle to talk, restock items and materials, store pets, sit and whatever else a Castle for an entire forum can do with. I just was hoping to see some of these features in the future.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
this has been discussed many times. since the game is for ages 10+, we cannot use the chairs or beds to prevent unseemly kinds of actions going on between players.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Xiiarnine on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
First off, I'm still rather new to w101. Came from another game after the servers were closed down so I needed another place to loiter around in with friends.

Not too long after I started playing, I found out about castles and houses in w101. The whole concept seemed interesting at first. Some of my friends have REALLY decked out places that look like mansions. This was super amazing............until I found out that they're rather useless.

Other than storing pets and crafting I think........they really serve no other purpose. In SecondLife, I know that you can at least click a couch and your character can sit on it. Think KI can add simple functions like that? Dont do anything with the bed though. I'll willingly let that slide. Not only that, But Monster Hunter has neat miscellaneous character emotes where characters can sit on the ground. Even the game Okami has a random Barking button for no reason that's just awesome to use.

I guess what I'm saying is, can we have random miscellaneous actions? Not only that, can the houses be made with more game interactive features?

I'm part of a forum that also recently got into w101 for the most part. I want to invest in getting a Castle/house/thing that ALL of us can enter at any point in time and then use the features there in the castle to talk, restock items and materials, store pets, sit and whatever else a Castle for an entire forum can do with. I just was hoping to see some of these features in the future.
Regarding interacting with furniture, while you are new, this has been addressed many time. There are some interactive furniture sets in the crowns shop. None will let you sit...for the very same reason you will never interact with a bed. This game is geared toward ages 10+ and families. KI will not change this because of what could possibly happen.

There are emotes you can do anywhere, from dancing and cheering,etc., but none involve sitting, for the reasons above.

I don't see houses being used the way you state either...this is not that other game. Although it would be nice!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I think you should be able to lie down on a bed, and get more health from sleep. To eat a sundae and pay 100 gold for refills. I just put in the furniture to make my homes look better, but furniture could be so much more!

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
There are tons of interesting objects in the game - chairs, couches, firepits, boats and so on - and none of it is useable.

It would be very nice to be able to sit on stuff like chairs and couches, cook food (or pet snacks) at a fire pit, lay on a bed (go to sleep and nap) and regen health and mana, and use all the other furniture (climb ladders for example).

Even if we couldn't use it in the game, it would be nice to be able to do so in our houses.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Now we all know that the professors have been quite clear on forbidding sitting and laying on beds and for good reason. While there are indeed a lot of younger kids playing this game there are a lot of adults too, some might be tempted to use it in less.. ideal ways. So that is out the window, but that doesn't mean we couldn't add features to other furniture or items to make the house a little more interactive.

By that let's take a look at some basic furniture such as a sink. One thing I think would be pretty interesting and easily done is adding a feature to be able to wash your hands at the sink. This is a relatively simple thing that would add just a little more life to the house. Right now, houses are little more than a place to show off pets, mounts, weapons, etc. It's really rather boring and I would like to have a little more life added to these houses to make them something worth having.

Another thing you could add would perhaps be an eating animation, perhaps a wizard eating a slice of pizza, or eating an apple. Adding the feature to any sort of 'dining table' would really add so much life. It would make the place look like it's actually being lived in instead of being used for storage.

I know that there is so much furniture out there that it would be impossible for me to list features for it all. so I can only add some here and there. However that shouldn't stop other people from suggesting new animations for different furniture.

Such as adding an empty weapons rack that you can add your own weapons too and when interacted with will let you practice fight animations with the weapons.

Another idea would be perhaps an area in each house that wizards can use to practice their spells with. For example, they can set the fight up, choose what kind of monster it is, what type, how much leaht, how much the weakness boost is and if you want it to fight back, program what rank monster you want it to emulate.

naturally this monster wouldn't be allowed to be used to obtain duel badges or other special badges like the 'One in a million' badge.

it would gives players a chance to test out their spells in a controlled environment, allowing them to find new ways to use their spells through new combinations without the risk of a real fight.

this is just some of the ideas I've had and if anyone else had any ideas ( excluding sitting or laying down or anything of that type of animation) it would be great ot hear what you could suggest.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
it would be neat if we could regen health/mana/energy by napping on a couch by the fireplace, or by drinking hot chocolate/eating magical fish-paste cookies...

or if, after being defeated, there were a wizard hospital we could go to, to fill our health... it could have multiple cots (or cushions), balloons, and flowers, get-well cards on the walls. ooh, and bring back sylvia drake, so she can look after the wizards who are healing .

-von