Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sorcery Suggestions - Fire Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
To quote Jim Lovell, "Houston, we've had a problem"

Ok, maybe it' just me, and I whine more than a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20, below are some suggestions from the penninsula state of mind - after the usual whine and cheese party:

Since Avalon Fire spells have had less punch than a chevy tied to a tree, it's time for the Kings Isle bunch to become bold, innovative and inspirational for Fire. Let's face it, while other schools got (literally) game changing spells during the Avalon Era, Avalon Fire spells have circled the drain, flushed, and are on route to Havana.

Couple that with Fire's strength - Damage over time - has been rendered useless against 85 resisit from that "Bitter and Cold" school, and the best gear for Fire is during the Paleozoic era at level 60, then there is room for improvement.

TADA! Consider these suggestion Kings Isle Community:

Suggestion 1: An enhanced Steal Charm

When Storm got disarm – destroy one blade, Fire got Steal Charm – steal one blade.Storm then got an enhanced disarm: Enfeeble – destroy all blades for 3 pips.Fire should have got an enhanced Steal Charm – Steal all blades for 3 pips.
Let's make it happen! Call it Power Steal Charm!

Suggestion 2: Pierce Gear or more resistance

And, while we're at it, Fire needs Pierce gear to be competitive against the "Bitter and Cold" school, or, Fire needs additional resistance to compete with the "Bitter and Cold" school. Currently, high level Fire (from level 75 and up) are a non-factor in most PVP as a result of the poor Avalon Spells and the high resistance from that "bitter and cold" school.

Thank you for listening!

Hey forum folks - How about some feedback on Detonate and Backdraft? Here is how I see them. Does anyone have anything positive to say about Detonate and Backdraft?

Detonate has little value. It’s too expensive (in pips) to use for Link, Power-Link, Elf, Scald, and Dragon. If you use it for Heck Hound, you need to wait for four (4) pips to use it. By the time you get four (4) pips, Heck Hound is on it’s last round. There is no value.

Backdraft is also valueless in PVP. After you cast it, all your pips are gone. The only thing you do is wipe a tear as you watch your opponent use cleanse ward to destroy it as you wait for 6 or 8 pips to use it with Helephant or Efreet. No fire would go full pip back draft and then cast a fire cat, or elf, or link or meteor. For that 3.1 multiplier, you don’t want to waste it on a low pip spell.

Thanks!

Simply Sorcery

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I feel your pain about ice resist.

But the main topic is how Fire gets ripped of on Backdraft and Detonate and not getting those spells. I felt that KI would give something to help Fire, other then help the self destruct. (Like how I see level 90 Storms who insane bolt and fail and I get an auto win)
As Simple would say quoting Jim Lovell, "Houston, we've had a problem" it is a humongous problem. I have a fire level 50, and when I level him up to 55, and do Wintertusk I find it very annoying that I have no legitimate spell to go to. So I'd have to go to 60, and since I am Warlord, look up "Mason" in the leaderboards for proof, top 30's, I'll have to deal with the painful, evil, and bidder Ice. Considering they get rid of those spells and put in Power Steal Charm, it'd give Fire that "Game Changing" spell that we've been yearning for.
Or, a decision for KI is to add a Resistance cap, I'd say 60% because Warlord gear and your 15% pets + Heartsteel 5% adds up to 60. Then things would be even.
KI, hear our call, Power Steal Charm is the way to go! Fire needs some way to make a comeback, look at the leaderboards! You don't see many Fire level 90 that are in the 1500s!

Anyways, I hope this helps your argument Simply Sorcery. :)

and for life :D

Many thanks,
-Bill (don't even know why I chose that name, '456bill' my real name isn't Bill!)