Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-31-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! My gosh, it's Friday again! Let's hit it! ::grin::

This week will be part 3 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's ice. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have an ice wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Ice Wizards: What one ice spell would you choose to get an updated animation?

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Professor Falmea on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! My gosh, it's Friday again! Let's hit it! ::grin::

This week will be part 3 of 7 asking about specific school spells. This week, it's ice. I promise we'll get to everyone eventually, so if you don't have an ice wizard (or an opinion on the specific spell), please be patient and we'll circle around!

Ice Wizards: What one ice spell would you choose to get an updated animation?

Have a great weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have an ice archmage, so this question I can definitely answer.

I would like "Steal Ward" to change. Instead of casting and having the shield move, I would like gusts of cold wind with ice symbols to surround the ward being stolen. After that, it would break and it would look as if you put a shield on yourself.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Frostbite definitely could use a better animation. Maybe an actual icy blue hand that points towards your enemy, kinda like that life spell (forgot the name)

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
I lots of wizards and one is ice.!!!! The one where chunks of ice hit the target I don't like!!! I think it should be a snow storm and the target gets picked up by it and is put back down! Im am also ready for the next schools!

Aaron Owl Level 87
Madeline level 90
Sierra level 90
Amber Goldengem level 90
Sophia Sparkle stone level90
Sean Flame runner level 56 I couldn't make myth! Only allowed six player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Lol, this should have been Fire week, cause I think Scald needs a new animation.

For ice, I would have to say Frostbite. Kinda boring with an ice cube forming around you that breaks after a second. How about a swarm of tiny ice scarabs that climb all over the opponent's body and bites them. Then they disapear and the DoT diamond will come on.

If you can, also please take my scald thing into account. :)

"No matter how small the the flame, whether it was lit by a dragon or a match, they both have the same chance of making a fiery inferno to devour your worst foes."

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Colossus.

Instead of him coming up out of the ground, it would be cool to see something like a bunch of icecicles fly in from all directions, impact in the center, and form into him.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
I might like to see Frost Giant get a little bit better background as he attacks.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Snow Angel. It now resembles some sort of ghost, and I've always wondered what's under the hood. Maybe a face, completely made of ice?

Erin Ice Weaver Arch Mage

Defender
May 03, 2009
wolf legend on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
I might like to see Frost Giant get a little bit better background as he attacks.

I think the goats are cute :P

I am not an ice wizard but I know that frostbite needs new animation. The picture on the card shows a giant blue finger (like regenerate) so why not make it a giant blue finger? He picks up the enemy then drops it and for the overtime, he points at the enemy and the blue DoT diamond appears. Then an evil laugh comes from above and the finger and it's arm slowly goes up and disappears.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The ice wyvern spell. I think it should be made to look more like the mounts that come in the wyverns hoard pack.

Wow, I think that was just about the easiest to write idea I've ever posted.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Yay! It's Ice Week. Let's get started.

Can you please speed up Frost Giant? Make it like Storm Lord and stun the enemy immediately after the hit.
(He can still do the breath thing)

Frostbite is boring. I like sumra304's idea. A big blue hand comes up and a gust of wind comes from their hand.

See ya' in the Spiral!

-Natalie IceRiver, Level 48 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Ethan LotusBloom on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Frostbite definitely could use a better animation. Maybe an actual icy blue hand that points towards your enemy, kinda like that life spell (forgot the name)
You mean regenerate?

I would love to see an different animation for Snow Angel. Maybe if they spun around you and lifted above your head and then casted the spell. Then once it's casted on everyone it disappears flying in a spiral upwards. It would be awesome to see that! XD

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sparky000052638 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
You mean regenerate?

I would love to see an different animation for Snow Angel. Maybe if they spun around you and lifted above your head and then casted the spell. Then once it's casted on everyone it disappears flying in a spiral upwards. It would be awesome to see that! XD
no, he means frostbite~ the picture on the spell card looks like regen, but the hand is blue and covered in icicles.

speaking of frostbite, yeah~ please update it; maybe have the hand from the picture reach down from the sky a la regenerate and grab the enemy, freezing him.

-v.

promethean and

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
wolf legend on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:

And some legs, too. If the cloud he's in isn't covering him well you can see he doesn't have any legs at all.

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Looks like popular targets for a makeover would be Frost Giant and Frostbite... we'll share this with the Art Wizards. New Feedback Friday coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea