Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants dead after maintence

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
My grapes were thriving as i took care of them every day, but now after the game did maintenance they are all dead. I am going to stop gardening. Every time Maintenance happens it messes up things in the game, this is not the first time. I rather not be on the losing end so I am going to delete my grapes sell all my seeds and totally get away from gardening.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
2x4 two step on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
My grapes were thriving as i took care of them every day, but now after the game did maintenance they are all dead. I am going to stop gardening. Every time Maintenance happens it messes up things in the game, this is not the first time. I rather not be on the losing end so I am going to delete my grapes sell all my seeds and totally get away from gardening.
yeah I hate gardening also. its super hard to take care of! I really made a mistake of going for over 25 seeds. by the way, if you don't know what the most funniest plant is, get the couch potatoes. LOL, they are so funny, and when they wilt they have pajamas on and they have a fever.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
These threads are all over several forums and KI still thinks it's gardener error. I have e-mailed them twice now about plants reverting back to mature or even dead after being tended diligently twice a day. Last night I tended my CP's who were almost at elder....it was about 6:30 pm. This morning at 5:30 am I go back to do my morning gardens, tend my cp's, harvest them, and then they revert to progress to mature?? Very annoyed right now I appreciate the garden updates and love the new farm house but this has been going on for months. I urge everyone who is having issues to email KI and report it as a bug. Maybe if they see many complaints they will look into programming changes that is causing this:)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
2x4 two step on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I have 40 couch potato plants on one of my wizards I just replanted they are young and had no needs at 530PM 4/30/13 I put dragonflies on both plots. The morning I cant log in to give them there needs that are due music and water 301AM 5/1/13 ( site was down unable to log in) since now i am at work i cant log into w101 only grub before my day begins. Now I have to hope that they are not progress to dead when i get back on at 5pm 5/1

I log in 2x a day to care 3am and 5-6pm NEVER have issues and I do stack plants 2 layers high only. Server maintenance sometimes gets me in trouble, open a ticket if the down time caused plants to die. If they were close to elder and you lost a few days on the plant defiantly open a ticket. In my case since they just hit young even if so i wont lose much.

Oh one more thing, has anyone noticed when a house with plants is no your active home plants have some kind of delays??? example i had a king plant with max likes and i moved out of that home. It needed sun, i had unequipped that home as i moved out i came back to it a few weeks later that plant was not dead LOL it was in progress to dead but not a stump yet. neat i thought.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I am sorry, I have played wizards for many years now, and at first i didn't notice it but through time i have seen my garden go up or down when a maintenance occurs, especially when they open the test realm. When they open and close the test realm you can bank on garden differences.
I have since sold my seeds and gotten away from gardening. it is a pleasure i enjoyed but it is not enjoyable when you spend time and effort caring for something and it suddenly goes down. I decided that gardening was too wishy washy and have no more seeds and soon no more plots. There are enough posts on KI for them to know a problem exists, I could email them but it would not do anything different. Playing for years now i know the game. I am presently looking into crafting and if it goes south i just stay away from it all . I have my pets the way I want them, some good some just ok, but I stop the pet thing as it went on and on and on leveling. Now there are games i cant seem to win anything on so i am really glad my pets are the way i like.
I like and love a challenge, i enjoy fun things like a game called Farmville2, I don't like stress, nobody does, if you play a game that stress you out maybe you need to find one that makes you feel good and not stressed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
daniellenc on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
These threads are all over several forums and KI still thinks it's gardener error. I have e-mailed them twice now about plants reverting back to mature or even dead after being tended diligently twice a day. Last night I tended my CP's who were almost at elder....it was about 6:30 pm. This morning at 5:30 am I go back to do my morning gardens, tend my cp's, harvest them, and then they revert to progress to mature?? Very annoyed right now I appreciate the garden updates and love the new farm house but this has been going on for months. I urge everyone who is having issues to email KI and report it as a bug. Maybe if they see many complaints they will look into programming changes that is causing this:)
You are right. there have been threads all over the forums about plants either reverting or progressing to dead for no viable reason. I have had them revert or progress to dead from one day to the next. but it seems to have cleared up.

If you are gardening CPs or any other Crowns seeds especially or for that matter any plants, those plants should be in good shape for 24 hours AS LONG AS you stay away from that house after tending your plants until the next day. The more often you visit the house with a garden the more chances of something getting fouled up. Plant timers stop everytime you visit the house then as soon as you leave those plants may develope needs they should not have yet..... Try staying away for 24 hours once you tend them don't stick around and do other things after tending plants. If you need to place items or move something or use the bank, do it before you take care of your garden. As soon as you tend that garden leave that property.

I have had some of the same problems and did not know why until I came across a thread on Central where others were having the same problems. I used to use those same houses as jumping points when moving between worlds. I even had my pets there. I have since moved all pets to other houses and use those as my jumping points now. Since I made these changes, I only tend my plants (CPs, PBCs, EMPs, DHEs) once a day at about the same time.

If you are stacking plants, especially Crowns seeds, you can try sending a ticket, but don't expect those seeds to be replaced. KI has left the stacking glitch in place for decorating purposes only and have stated they do not support Plant stacking. Plant stacking you do at your own risk and the same is true for stacking housing items for decoration purposes. KI will not replace items lost due to stacking.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
DragonLady1818 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
You are right. there have been threads all over the forums about plants either reverting or progressing to dead for no viable reason. I have had them revert or progress to dead from one day to the next. but it seems to have cleared up.

If you are gardening CPs or any other Crowns seeds especially or for that matter any plants, those plants should be in good shape for 24 hours AS LONG AS you stay away from that house after tending your plants until the next day. The more often you visit the house with a garden the more chances of something getting fouled up. Plant timers stop everytime you visit the house then as soon as you leave those plants may develope needs they should not have yet..... Try staying away for 24 hours once you tend them don't stick around and do other things after tending plants. If you need to place items or move something or use the bank, do it before you take care of your garden. As soon as you tend that garden leave that property.

I have had some of the same problems and did not know why until I came across a thread on Central where others were having the same problems. I used to use those same houses as jumping points when moving between worlds. I even had my pets there. I have since moved all pets to other houses and use those as my jumping points now. Since I made these changes, I only tend my plants (CPs, PBCs, EMPs, DHEs) once a day at about the same time.

If you are stacking plants, especially Crowns seeds, you can try sending a ticket, but don't expect those seeds to be replaced. KI has left the stacking glitch in place for decorating purposes only and have stated they do not support Plant stacking. Plant stacking you do at your own risk and the same is true for stacking housing items for decoration purposes. KI will not replace items lost due to stacking.
I challenge the process to dead

I log in at 3am tend to CP's then log off ( they have full needs)
I log in at 5pm tend to CP's then log out ( they have full needs)

If i dont log in at 3AM and i just do it at 5PM they are all progress to dead and go back to young when needs are done. Weather my home is equipped or not does not matter. Since upgrading to the red barn house this makes the once a day care impossible. very unrealistic plants vs real life plants ;-)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have defintely shown up at my castle to tend my patch of seemingly healthy Couch Potatoes. I will tend their needs and immediately after satisfying their needs before my eyes some revert from mature to a lesser state, but never dead. I saw this happen many many times.

I tended my Couch Potatoes twice per day, and this would happen.

Funny, I assumed this was a natural growth phase for Couch Potates... growing to mature then reverting back. Because I never noticed my other plants do this.

I have not been growing Couch Potatoes for a month now, so maybe things are different now??

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
That's weird, that never happened to me before. However I have noticed my couch potatoes lose a little progress sometimes and instead of when they should be elder, they are mature. That is all I have noticed.