Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is better? Wizard City or Krokotopia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Hello everyone. I've been wondering for quite a while now. Which is better? Krokotopia or Wizard City. I'm not sure. So I was wondering if everyone out there could take a pick and, well, vote I suppose on the one you think is best! Can't wait for results!

Aidencool6.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I personally like krokotopia better because of the design and all of the manders! I'm not a big fan of wizard city though.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Wizard City, for these reasons:

1) It's really fun to go through Triton Avenue, Firecat Alley, and Cyclops lane with ease.

2) It's fun experimenting with schools.

3) It's of course where your teachers and Merle Ambrose and Gamma are!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I am going to have to go with Wizard City. It includes all elemental and spirit school areas, and you can buy the best stuff at the bazaar. And PvP. And you can train your pet. And its where Headmaster Ambrose (my hero!) is. My brother would say otherwise, because he is obsessed with Balance-themed stuff. He also thinks W.C. is for babies. Not true!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I liked the storyline for Krokotopia. It was not just good guys against the evil death school villains. It had some of that, to be sure, you were supposedly there to stop Malistaire from getting hold of something that belonged to the Kroks. But the Kroks themselves had a richer backstory than some of the other worlds: they had clan rivalry, romances, betrayals, political intrigues, repentant bosses, and a class struggle going on before Malistaire even showed up.

When you begin quests there, you are helping not only Ravenwood and the good guys, but also mending ancient rivalries and iniquities that are unique to Krokotopia.

Krokhotep's character was well written: he appears as a ghost to help you and admits that the struggles that lie ahead are of his own design.

There's also the biblical and legend allegory of freeing the manders' people from the Krok tyranny, one that resonates both with the book of Exodus, and the episode in Egyptian history where it was overrun and ruled by the foreign Hyksos. Most of us can relate to this and it is handled in a respectful and flexible manner.

It's a richer world for all that, and more fun even though I got my face pushed in a lot in the Tomb of the Beguiler.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Ok. The results so far. Krokotopia is on 2 and so is Wizard City!!! It is a tie. So please everyone out there. Make your choice on which one of these great worlds is the best. Aidencool6.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wizard City for me - it's where it all begins. I make new wizards just to run though there for a break from the harder parts of the game.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
aidencool6 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone. I've been wondering for quite a while now. Which is better? Krokotopia or Wizard City. I'm not sure. So I was wondering if everyone out there could take a pick and, well, vote I suppose on the one you think is best! Can't wait for results!

Aidencool6.
well, i think Wizard City was the best becausew i like it better than those nirini guys

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Well Wizard City is in the lead. Now my point of view. I personally believe that Krokotopia is better simply because of the amount of Exp you gain from it. on average 600-700 Exp is what you gain from Krokotopia. And because the hole aim of the game is to level up do quests and explore different worlds Krokotopia not only helps you level up but it is essential to gaining access to Marelybone. Krokotopia also helps get to Grizzleheim and Wysteria quicker again due to the amount of Exp you gain. Now that everyone knows both parts of the story why Wizard City and Krokotopia are great places I can't wait for even more replies of even more people.

Thank You. Aidencool6

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Well Wizard City is in the lead. Now my point of view. I personally believe that Krokotopia is better simply because of the amount of Exp you gain from it. on average 600-700 Exp is what you gain from Krokotopia. And because the hole aim of the game is to level up do quests and explore different worlds Krokotopia not only helps you level up but it is essential to gaining access to Marelybone. Krokotopia also helps get to Grizzleheim and Wysteria quicker again due to the amount of Exp you gain. Now that everyone knows both parts of the story why Wizard City and Krokotopia are great places I can't wait for even more replies of even more people.

Thank You. Aidencool6

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
aidencool6 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:

Aidencool6.
I dont know both are great, but i prefer wizard city, it remembers me when i aws lvl 1

Richard FrostBreeze lvl 30 (missing lvl 1)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
I like Wizard City better. There's a bazaar, a mini-game booth place, Waterworks, it's the place you begin so many things: gardening, crafting, the whole game. I think my choice is obvious.

WIZARD CITY!!!!!!!

Miranda Ravenfriend, lvl 52 life
Don't say hi if you see me or I'll think you're crazy.

Defender
May 03, 2009
I like Wizard City better. The bazaar, the beginning, the fair grounds, Ambrose, my dorm, crafting, so many badges, waterworks, and you get the coolest clothes in the spiral (until ds). So Wizard City

Scarlet Hawk
Amber Rose

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Scarlet Hawk on May 9, 2013 wrote:
I like Wizard City better. The bazaar, the beginning, the fair grounds, Ambrose, my dorm, crafting, so many badges, waterworks, and you get the coolest clothes in the spiral (until ds). So Wizard City

Scarlet Hawk
Amber Rose
About how you get the coolest clothes in the spiral. Have you been to Marleybone or Wysteria yet? I personally think the're clothes are the best. Anyways Wizard City is still winning. Come on Krokotopia fans!

Aidencool6. LV. 38

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I like Krokotpia better. I think the story line was much better, it was always on track and at this point in the spiral, you know who Malistaire is and you know how to duel and all that. And the places and people were very creative!!

Angela DragonStone
level 84

Defender
May 03, 2009
aidencool6 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
About how you get the coolest clothes in the spiral. Have you been to Marleybone or Wysteria yet? I personally think the're clothes are the best. Anyways Wizard City is still winning. Come on Krokotopia fans!

Aidencool6. LV. 38
Well to me, I only like the shoes in Marleybone but now I don't like high-heels. so, you know, everyone has their own opinion. By the way, I meant like the full set of clothing. Hat, robes, and shoes.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
Wizard city by far. It was just a better place for me.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I suppose it depends on which theme you like better. Krokotopia has more of an egyptian feel to it and wizard city has a more comfortable feel. In my personal opinion I like wizard city better because there are more people to talk to and I find more friends there.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
I prefer wizard city. It has the Bazaar and the arena. Also, in the commons there are alot of people to talk to.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I prefer Wizard City, they have all the schools and that's just where you start off and the magic begins.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Well, they're both fun, I guess. I like krokatopia because you can fight interesting things and its a much interesting storyline about the Order of the Fang. Wizard cIty has not really much of a storyline in my opinion.
Death Rules! Julia Battlecloud,
Master Necromancer

Survivor
May 24, 2013
They're both pretty different worlds. Wizard City is the beginner world, where all the major things are like the bazaar, Merle Ambrose, and all the schools. Personally its pretty hard to choose from one of them. Its like choosing from dogs or cats. But I guess I will say Krokotopia because its in the medium level if your around level 10-30 which is around the same level I got there and beat krok. You don't want a too easy place but you don't want a too hard place. Also I think exploring the pyramid is awesome! Also the storyline and quests are a bit more in depth there then Wizard City. Well thats just my opinion :D

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Well, it depends on what you mean by "which is better". This could mean story and character development, difficulty, how fun the world is, what you can do there, or a combination of all of these! In story, Krok wins by far, Wizard City's storyline is quite boring to me. Difficulty, Krok can get hard at times, but Wizard City is just too easy. Think about it. The three streets, Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue, and Firecat Alley all have pretty much the same difficulty. So the first one you complete might be a little tough, second should match your level fine, and the last will feel just too easy. So, Krok wins in that category. Things you can do there, Wizard City wins, of course. There's the arena, pet pavilion, and all of your schools are there (excluding balance, which ironically, is in Krok).
How fun it is, it's probably a tie. They are both essentially doing the same thing over and over again.

If you ask me, Krokotopia wins, but not by that much!

Level 44

Level 38

Level 14

Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
Personally I like Krokotopia because of the storyline. Order of the Fang? Brilliant. It kind of reminds me of Order of the Pheonix from Harry Potter. Wizard City also gets kind of repetitive. After a while, the three streets get boring and repetitive. Whoop dee do. I just finished Triton Avenue. Now on to Cyclops lane. The 3 streets don't even share the same plot! Compared to Krok's storyline, Wizard City's is dirt. (No offense WC fans) Think about it. Malistaire is trying to capture one of the Greatest organizations in Krokotopia. You have to 1. Repairs old Krok's legends. 2.Restore The Order of the Fang and 3. Keep Malistare from taking over! (Not to mention the stellar theme and experience!)

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012