Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Game.... The Magic is Gone...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
@ Rottenheart

I'm confused.

"Struggling and difficulties have nothing to do with story-line comprehension. "
"Obviously you must progress in the game to get the story to unfold."

and then,

"I do agree that difficulty factors in."

which one is it then? but while you are trying to make up your mind. Maybe its better that we just agree to disagree because i think i pointed out my thoughts clearly the first time.

@ goldendragon18

I have touched most of the topics you pointed out already so Ill try to answer you in a different way. Most of your concerns are trivial to a player who still sees the game fun even with its imperfections. I don't go online playing with your kind of baggage. And I see no point and even dare try to convince a player who clearly hates what they are doing. If the game dies with only RPG players in tow, so be it, I'm paying KI to worry about these things so I can carry on with my magical adventure. It's a $60 a year game. I gained more than enough entertainment for that cheap price already. If I wasn't? I will not even bother posting here because I hate displaying discontent that can ruin somebody elses day.

How can I agree with you when I see the game doing well and I'm contented with the way its developing into? I have gone AWOL for two months but here I am again. My friend was gone for 4 months and a week ago she just popped out asking me which pets, rings or athames are the best nowadays. So people leave, but they do comeback. For what reason? Maybe W101 is stil a magical place to be wasting time with.

On the lighter side of things, your post made me (an avid RPG fan) and my "kin" feel like Im a plague to this game when Im a paying customer too and here I am defending it, LOL.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
I remember I had left the game in 2011 in krokotopia it is way different now that I am in avalon

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Sarahnimo,

If you read more carefully you will be less confused. And don't take statements out of context.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
as i read more and more of these post i am finding peoples post like sarahnimo's are sounding more logical then negative and hurtful to the game. i know that sometimes other people post can be insulting and they shouldnt be saying things like that on the forums but they are paying players to and everyone has different opinions. now i agree that should the next world take another leap in difficulty(mobs starting with 7000 health in the first area you go into kinda leap) there will be problems especially if our new spells only go up in 100 to 200 extra damage, for example rain of fire 1100 damage all enemies, sun serpent max damage 1300 to one enemy. now if ki cant make easy and normal difficulty realms or something of the sort like a find someone who is on the same quest as you button, well lets face facts, some people who cant live up to the par will have to be left behind.

as for gear i agree with sar that water works was a mistake gear wise and that is why ki has not made another one, while it took forever i have confidence that the next worlds crafted gear will be better then ww gear, that is only if its ACTUALLY better then the azteca crafted gear witch was a rip off of so called better gear.

now as for pets is it not better for EVERYONE to not force us to play pet minigames to level up our pets, those who want to play them still can and those who dont wont get that extra 4 xp for every game they do. its fair and its a good way for ki to boost morale and keep players from leaving. its a win win, people buy more pet energy(because they dont have to play pet games) and that makes money for ki and it helps everyone esle wether they want to buy pet energy or not.

now i just now realized how off topic i was at the end of my post but all im trying to do is get both sides to see the same way at least a little(and expess my own opinions at the same time) and hopefully draw this message boards war to a close.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
It's going to sound like I'm straddling both sides of the fence here, because I am.

I do agree that the storyline gets lost between all of the defeat and collect quests. I'm not saying that the game should be all-bosses, don't get me wrong. However, I don't want to keep fighting the same mobs over and over again. (Those storm guys in Alto Alto are exhausting.)

I believe that in the second arc, if they would insert more cut scenes of Morganthe here and there and let HER develop the story (maybe showing more hints of the history of the fallout between her and Ambrose) while changing some of the defeat and collect quests to different kinds of activities such as finding things, etc., it would keep folks engaged while keeping the difficulty level up where it needs to be.

Do I feel as if sometimes the second arc is just a repetitious grind? YES. However, I love the added difficulty as it has really immersed me into the 'other' sides of the game, such as pets and crafting. Also, I love puzzles, so figuring out which gear combination is best is really fun for me. I just posted in another part of the forum describing how my fire is blazing through AZ - it is possible and I don't think she has a single item of crowns gear. For a 10 year old? Maybe not, and I don't know how to solve that. But please don't nerf the second arc too much. As other posters have said, the game is about progression and I have to wonder how many people are under leveled when they get to these worlds. Side quests are your friends!

It just needs to be balanced a bit more.

If KI adds more side worlds like Crab Alley, GH and Wysteria you can still engage the younger/casual crowd if they feel that the second arc is too hard.

I applaud KI for what they've done. They will never please everyone, but I think they are trying really hard.

As a side note, I absolutely LOVED Avalon. I got totally lost in the story and the graphics and didn't want to leave.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I agree. I've been playing this game from beta, and I've ended my sub. countless times. The game isn't the same anymore. The only reason why I have a sub now is to quest and hang out with friends and family. I don't even bother with Pvp or pets much anymore.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
JczUchiha. on May 27, 2013 wrote:
I agree. I've been playing this game from beta, and I've ended my sub. countless times. The game isn't the same anymore. The only reason why I have a sub now is to quest and hang out with friends and family. I don't even bother with Pvp or pets much anymore.
I agree, The game has definitely turned away from its charm....

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
I don't know why everyone is being so negative about the second arc. I've been playing since mid to late 2010 i can't remember exactly when, i remember the release of the CL world and the second arc. I loved it. I was getting bored in DS until the final countdown which i found as a i fun challenge when you're actually finishing DS to move on. MS just contained no storyline what so ever. MB i could write a whole seperate thread to complain about. I didn't like to first arc but there was something i still liked that kept me playing. Now after thinking on the subject throughout the whole second arc i realized i didn't like malistaires storyline. It wasn't the game it was why we were supposed to playing the game. I'm not sure why i kept playing and that may be forever a mystery, but i know why i like to second arc so much. Criticals, critical block, and astral spells add a whole new interesting element to dueling. A new villain really livened things up a bit. Also with morganthe her unknown motives made me keep questing and working forward to find out what they were. I don't know if i'm going off topic or maybe its just my opinion but i didn't like the first arc. I loved the second arc. I can't wait to see more along with the finale of the second. The magic isn't gone. These new worlds require new strategies, new skills to adapt to. You new to be able to change with the worlds around you. If you don't like it, you aren't be forced to play. Or perhaps you could make more accounts and just get them to finish DS then stop. Everyone likes what they and KI can't listen to everyone.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I actually like the growth of wiz101. I mean I've been a member since march of 2008. It's gone from just straight up attacking enemies to a strategic fighting style. Idk that's what I think honestly. Wizard101 has changed a lot since 08.

- Elijah Spritestrider lvl 83 Archmage

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Avalon and Azteca are my two favorite worlds. I love the new features that are being added, and hope new challenges await. The game is more "magic" than ever!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with this. I played since Celestia (this is my second account, ignore the date.) as a ice then a fire. I thought Wizard101 was so much fun during WC-DS. Then, when I did Celestia, I was extremely bored. In Zafaria the quests were long and boring and wasn't fun at all. Avalon was boring and long for me, then Azteca I gave up on since its repetitive and extremely long and very boring. So yes, the magic IS gone from Celestia+.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I have been playing the game for about 3 years now and have noticed some changes to the original and also that the game is trending away from being a family game and more to the hard-core player. I have being talking to some of the long time players and they feel the same way. It is a great family game for the first 3 worlds, then the cheats and the frustration levels increase. I have played a lot of games where it matters how you set up your characters so that you have at least an even chance, but here, nope. One can spend a lot of money, get the best equipment and alter his/her deck to suit each fight, but the good old computer counters a lot of the spells or you just get the good old fizz. In a lot of cases the second spell cast usually fizzes, go figure. Its just to bad that the designer's of the game don't go back to the original concept- a family game. Younger people have enough frustrations in the real world never mind in a game where strategies don't always count. A even playing field would be nice for a change. So you die hard hard-core players am interested to see your comments and to the older and family players it would be great to hear yours to.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
minstral on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I have been playing the game for about 3 years now and have noticed some changes to the original and also that the game is trending away from being a family game and more to the hard-core player. I have being talking to some of the long time players and they feel the same way. It is a great family game for the first 3 worlds, then the cheats and the frustration levels increase. I have played a lot of games where it matters how you set up your characters so that you have at least an even chance, but here, nope. One can spend a lot of money, get the best equipment and alter his/her deck to suit each fight, but the good old computer counters a lot of the spells or you just get the good old fizz. In a lot of cases the second spell cast usually fizzes, go figure. Its just to bad that the designer's of the game don't go back to the original concept- a family game. Younger people have enough frustrations in the real world never mind in a game where strategies don't always count. A even playing field would be nice for a change. So you die hard hard-core players am interested to see your comments and to the older and family players it would be great to hear yours to.
Been playing this game since January 2009 and I say in grief that the game just isn't the same. The charming simplicity of Wizard City through DragonSpyre that made the game what it is, starts to fade gradually throughout Celestia, then completely vanishes by Zafaria. I think what beat the game up the most was the additions of advanced stats (critical, block etc), hoard packs (a plain gamble, and jade gear is creating havoc) and the insane difficulty leap we're having to put up with, with the only way of striving is through gruesome crafting. It's real sad to log into the game every once in a while, to see my once crowded friend list empty because all of my wizard friends just couldn't put up with what KI is doing for this game.

J Todd Coleman, you left when we needed you the most.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Well, I have to say in my time playing wizard 101, I do enjoy " hard core " playing, I like the strategies and cheats, because that's what makes a game a game! I get where you're at with playing even but it wouldn't be that fun! I do dislike the fact that sometimes the only way to get the best is to invest, with money to crowns. Like the wands that I see that have like 90 crit. Like, I want that but I can't invest in crowns. Fairness is good, but I very much enjoy hardcore strategics where it's frustrating but you eventually prevail.

Hardcore FTW C:

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Ya know I agree here. Money is buying everything to win anything; PvP OR PvE. Just look at the new pets. May cast pixie pet can only be bought with crowns or getting the bundle (the first gen). The level of difficulty in this game has risen, however I have not had a problem with it, only the PvP standpoint of Pay to win. What broke this game (and many other games) is the success it has. It got to be a great well known game and they had to implement some features from other games that make it like the other games. (i.e. critical) I currently am working on character in lower level worlds just for the old time feel.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Eric Crowspear on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Ya know I agree here. Money is buying everything to win anything; PvP OR PvE. Just look at the new pets. May cast pixie pet can only be bought with crowns or getting the bundle (the first gen). The level of difficulty in this game has risen, however I have not had a problem with it, only the PvP standpoint of Pay to win. What broke this game (and many other games) is the success it has. It got to be a great well known game and they had to implement some features from other games that make it like the other games. (i.e. critical) I currently am working on character in lower level worlds just for the old time feel.
I would agree with you there. I feel Wizard101's success with 20 million players back in 2009-10 was something that made Kingsisle think, "um...what are we going to do now?" With that many players, they had to think of a way to keep the challenge to a point where they can stall us, keep us, and still get an investment from us. The jump in Celestia (and now lookinga at it from Azteca), I keep thinking why Kingsisle did this jump. I mean in the future, where will you in terms of difficulty. What with the 3rd arc be like or be any different if it's just going to be high health enemies with 7 pips 24/7?

I'm guessing they did this inorder to make a large profit as many Wizards would have to spend on Crowns items and aid to make it through the whole game.

Now I've played this game the whole 4 years since it's birth; never left, never steered away. Personally, I never did mind Celestia or the entire 2nd Arc since we got here. What bugs we so much is, how, in this short time, did we end up here with an angered community and difficulty challenge? Why didn't the whole arc just mirror the 1st just having mobs and bosses with more pips but that same number the whole story? Why can't the community stay interested and in love with this story? It's this that bugs me the most.

I still feel Wizard101 can be a family game or in all honestly is a family game. There is a mix where the difficulty simply blows some family members away (Marleybone and MooShu did that to some players), there are cases where I don't feel families are playing at all or people aren't playing with their families. It just boggles me. And then when this happens we suddenly call it a hard core game, which it isn't. Wizard101 is probably similar to Sudoku if anything at all. Sudoku is challenging and can be frustrating at times, but it's not like you're seeing inapproriate images for the family (blood, guts, gore, indecent exposure etc.) everywhere. That's what I feel like the 2nd Arc is really like, but when you're really tired or back from a long day, the meer thought of doing Sudoku is ridiculous and you cast it aside.

Wizard101 is like anyother popular TV or celebrity sensation (Spongebob, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Hannah Montana, Ben 10 etc.). It gets extremely popular and managing it gets hard on the provider. At many points they begin to fall flat or die with a satisfying ending or change into something awful. The second latter, however, does not seem to be in this games future. Wizard101 is still young though. What will happen in the next 4 years, I do not know (we'll most likey put a close to another main arc). Within those next 4 years, I do hope that this game will become much much better than the heat that is now.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Scarlet Fever on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I don't know why everyone is being so negative about the second arc. I've been playing since mid to late 2010 i can't remember exactly when, i remember the release of the CL world and the second arc. I loved it. I was getting bored in DS until the final countdown which i found as a i fun challenge when you're actually finishing DS to move on. MS just contained no storyline what so ever. MB i could write a whole seperate thread to complain about. I didn't like to first arc but there was something i still liked that kept me playing. Now after thinking on the subject throughout the whole second arc i realized i didn't like malistaires storyline. It wasn't the game it was why we were supposed to playing the game. I'm not sure why i kept playing and that may be forever a mystery, but i know why i like to second arc so much. Criticals, critical block, and astral spells add a whole new interesting element to dueling. A new villain really livened things up a bit. Also with morganthe her unknown motives made me keep questing and working forward to find out what they were. I don't know if i'm going off topic or maybe its just my opinion but i didn't like the first arc. I loved the second arc. I can't wait to see more along with the finale of the second. The magic isn't gone. These new worlds require new strategies, new skills to adapt to. You new to be able to change with the worlds around you. If you don't like it, you aren't be forced to play. Or perhaps you could make more accounts and just get them to finish DS then stop. Everyone likes what they and KI can't listen to everyone.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
I have to agree with you on this one. I like both the first and second arc a lot. But I began playing when KI released the end of the first arc. Knowing his motives, and with most questions answered, there wasn't much left for me to grasp. I like how in the 2nd Arc I can wonder more and ask more questions and lead to more possibilities (same goes for Pirate101's story, but that's a discussion for another day).

But, Scarlet, I really have to agree with your point about adapting. Every world is different and has it's own challenges unique only to that world. As people, we sometimes need to learn to adapt and learn. Sometimes you need to change a little to really get into something. On the flip side, there really are things that aren't for you or concepts that with all the best training you still can't grasp. When it comes to those times, I'd say, "If you don't wish to continue, I don't see anything stopping you."

Magic, in my eyes, is never truly gone. Magic is shapeless and how you perceive it or see it is yours to hold. Sometimes it can become intense and hot. Sometimes cold and strange. Or whimsical and lively. We all have a different preference on Magic and how we use it or see others use it, but Magic will never mold into ONE thing. It has many forms. For some, this Magic is unfamiliar and for them gone. Others, it's an improvement. I say, Magic was never gone or lost, the form it is, just isn't your cup of tea...for right now.

Wizard101 has changed since it's beginning. How we got to all this, may remain a mystery to me, but I won't put the blame on anyone or anything. We really should keep a mind set of how to fix or improve what is here. I simply feel we need to promote and maximize as much "fun" (as fun is opinionative) as possible and give as much options as possible. Wizard101 is still young and I'm sure Kingsisle has many plans for this game, guys. We're not done; not even close! We still have many things to add and many things to fix. What happens in the next 4 years of Wizard101 is simply a mystery to us all. I only hope, it will bring as much prosperity to Wizard (and Pirate) and our fine school of Wizards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
KorekuEternal on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Been playing this game since January 2009 and I say in grief that the game just isn't the same. The charming simplicity of Wizard City through DragonSpyre that made the game what it is, starts to fade gradually throughout Celestia, then completely vanishes by Zafaria. I think what beat the game up the most was the additions of advanced stats (critical, block etc), hoard packs (a plain gamble, and jade gear is creating havoc) and the insane difficulty leap we're having to put up with, with the only way of striving is through gruesome crafting. It's real sad to log into the game every once in a while, to see my once crowded friend list empty because all of my wizard friends just couldn't put up with what KI is doing for this game.

J Todd Coleman, you left when we needed you the most.
I have to agree with this... the jump and disarray starting with Celestia and beyond has taken just about all the friends my highest leveled wizard had away. They are all gone, with only one exception (and he isn't helpful at all anymore since he's rarely online). And yes, J Todd Coleman is sorely missed.

I have a second wizard who just got to Celestia not too long ago and she sits there because honestly, I don't want to do it again. Ever. My legendary Ice wizard has been stuck in Zafaria for ages. So she sits too. Why bother staying? I don't have an answer to that, but things need to change and change quickly or long-time players such as yourself and others will simply vanish.

KI needs to take a hard look at what happened to WoW... what used to be the most popular game in this category. They've lost millions of players because they did not listen to their community. I would sincerely hate to see that happen here, but fear that greed will win out and be the ultimate demise of the game we all knew and loved.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Wow.
I simply couldn't agree more with your sentiment.

I've been playing this game since it was literally first released, since September of 2008. I've seen it grow and change, in some ways for the better and for others the worse.

I remember liking the game immensely. Combat wasn't so overtly complex, different strategies were enjoyed, and the game had a fantastic storyline.
In my opinion, some of the magic was lost with DragonSpyre. Things just seemed to grow really...repetitive and uninteresting. It was enjoyable nonetheless, but not as good as Mooshu.

Then Celestia came along and I was just bored out of my mind. Quests became too hard to solo and the story became dragged-out and dull.
Zafaria was meh, Avalon was decent, and Azteca is just plain awful.

It started with critical hits and blocks, you're right. With each new "addition" to combat, things just grow more complex and technical.
Critical hits and blocks were annoying, but bearable.
Mastery amulets completely butchered the Life and Myth schools.
Then every school got clothes with insane resist, and then armor piercing was introduced...
It just ruined what the game once was.

It was fine the way it was, KI. As a Veteran Player, please rework some of the magic into the game. Now I am literally just bored to tears and don't feel like playing at all.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
What really hits me is the lack of imagination and creativity. Where did the storytelling go? The first arc was wonderful! Malistaire had my sympathy, as I could relate to what he was going through. A good villain did wonders for the first arc.

I'm considering quitting because there is no story in the second arc. Besides that, I'd rather be running to and from all the ladies in Marleybone again than doing defeat and collect/boss fights in Azteca. Heck, I'd rather like to join Morganthe and destroy the Spiral. Anything but defeat and collect quests.

As for the gear, Waterworks gear can't save my life. I'm a Storm, so I don't have the health or resist to survive Azteca fights with the enemies going first. Which they do quite a bit. Crafted gear and a lucky pack drop got me through Azteca. Now however, I'm considering dropping the crafted hat. Critical is almost useless, as most street enemies block anyways.

I'm an able player, I've soloed some of Azteca, boss fights included. By no means should this game be geared toward hardcore players later on! I came here for a stress relieving game and now, it's all stress and no fun. This is a family game for Pete's sake. I should be able to log on here and say "Wow, what quest will I do today? Or should I do a Winterbane/Waterworks/ToTH/Pagoda run today?" instead of "Gardening and more pet training. Yay."

I haven't been here as long as some people here, I joined in late 2010, early 2011, but I played this game to escape the bullies in my school and forget about it. The earlier worlds and my friends here helped me through depression and now I don't have to take the medicine I used to thanks to this game. I just wish the game could regain the magic. KI, please give Morganthe a good motive to destroy the Spiral. That would make my day.

Historian
May 06, 2009
RavenLady777 on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with this... the jump and disarray starting with Celestia and beyond has taken just about all the friends my highest leveled wizard had away. They are all gone, with only one exception (and he isn't helpful at all anymore since he's rarely online). And yes, J Todd Coleman is sorely missed.

I have a second wizard who just got to Celestia not too long ago and she sits there because honestly, I don't want to do it again. Ever. My legendary Ice wizard has been stuck in Zafaria for ages. So she sits too. Why bother staying? I don't have an answer to that, but things need to change and change quickly or long-time players such as yourself and others will simply vanish.

KI needs to take a hard look at what happened to WoW... what used to be the most popular game in this category. They've lost millions of players because they did not listen to their community. I would sincerely hate to see that happen here, but fear that greed will win out and be the ultimate demise of the game we all knew and loved.
I believe Kingsisle does listen. Like A LOT. But, they follow a specific agenda on what they want to come out for the game and what fixes they want done. There are times where we're complaining or discussing an issue in an area and Kingsisle does not hold that as a major priority at the moment. They could aslo already have something in motion and can't get to that right now. The point is, the fixes we're talking about or want is something Kingsisle has to do very far down the line or at a later date. They can do some minor fixes here and there, but over all, they need to keep the balance between updates and such to maximize their budget.

Kingsisle does come out with a lot of crowns stuff. Packs. Gear. Mounts. etc. The fact is, none of that stuff is really necessary. Yeah, crowns gear is pretty strong, but since you're paying with your money it should be. But I don't look at Kingsisle as being greedful. I see the crowns items and high prices as showing they packed a lot into something. It shows me, that what they plan in the future is big and that what they did here, for us, was not a small cost. I don't see Kingsisle as just wanting your money or looking for how much they can get out of you (apparently that is the perspective so many say they see or so many dig themselves into). They want to something big and that costs money. To fix a problem, to make a suspense epic story, to maximize your enjoy ability comes at a price on their side. So I don't see it as Kingsisle being greedful, they're just telling you, we've got something major coming, or we did a lot of work for this project.

I would sincerely hate to see that happen here, but fear that greed will win out and be the ultimate demise of the game we all knew and loved.
It's becoming chokingly hard these days to try and be positive in this game isn't it? It is for me. This line right here, can't make me more upset. I see a lot this kind of emotion and fear and even anger in almost every other post. Why? It's just tells me that there is a big loss in faith for Kingsisle. So much downheartedness like an apocolypis. We don't even try to be positive or happy every now and again anymore. We just throw that out the window don't we? I've had enough of this! I mean, Wizard101 has only been around for 4 years and it's like we think at the end of the year Kingsisle will annouce "As of December 17 we'll be shutting down the servers for Wizard101." This is more a mess than Azteca. I mean, it's like we don't believe that 4 years later Wizard101 can turn itself around. Kingsisle can't do everything in one fell swoop. They can surely make a big update fixing all these problems, but doesn't leave us with much to play with (i.e. some new expansions). We'd still have to deal with what's here yes? I do have a strong about of hope that things can get better and Wizard101 will go on. Obviously we'll get into tight spaces, but that's life. If you don't feel that way, why do you stay?

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with you on this one. I like both the first and second arc a lot. But I began playing when KI released the end of the first arc. Knowing his motives, and with most questions answered, there wasn't much left for me to grasp. I like how in the 2nd Arc I can wonder more and ask more questions and lead to more possibilities (same goes for Pirate101's story, but that's a discussion for another day).

But, Scarlet, I really have to agree with your point about adapting. Every world is different and has it's own challenges unique only to that world. As people, we sometimes need to learn to adapt and learn. Sometimes you need to change a little to really get into something. On the flip side, there really are things that aren't for you or concepts that with all the best training you still can't grasp. When it comes to those times, I'd say, "If you don't wish to continue, I don't see anything stopping you."

Magic, in my eyes, is never truly gone. Magic is shapeless and how you perceive it or see it is yours to hold. Sometimes it can become intense and hot. Sometimes cold and strange. Or whimsical and lively. We all have a different preference on Magic and how we use it or see others use it, but Magic will never mold into ONE thing. It has many forms. For some, this Magic is unfamiliar and for them gone. Others, it's an improvement. I say, Magic was never gone or lost, the form it is, just isn't your cup of tea...for right now.

Wizard101 has changed since it's beginning. How we got to all this, may remain a mystery to me, but I won't put the blame on anyone or anything. We really should keep a mind set of how to fix or improve what is here. I simply feel we need to promote and maximize as much "fun" (as fun is opinionative) as possible and give as much options as possible. Wizard101 is still young and I'm sure Kingsisle has many plans for this game, guys. We're not done; not even close! We still have many things to add and many things to fix. What happens in the next 4 years of Wizard101 is simply a mystery to us all. I only hope, it will bring as much prosperity to Wizard (and Pirate) and our fine school of Wizards.
Beautifully said my friend, beautifully said...

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I am also a long time player. I think some of the magic was gone when mastery amulets were introduced. Until then, each school was unique within itself. It had its own strengths and weaknesses. It was a challenge to master your school. I believe it also fostered more cooperation with others and promoted the social interaction as there were times that we depended on each other. With the amulets, our school lines became blurred. Remember when a Life wizard was appreciated for they were truly the healers and made the difference between surviving or not? The pet system is a grind as it is now. It is time consuming and often disappointing. It has also created a split in our community. The rewards are far less than the failures. I have always enjoyed crafting, however AZ changed that from, again, an enjoyable activity to one leading to frustration at the insane difficulty of getting the reagents necessary. Bring back the school pride, uniqueness, comradery and meaningful rewards for our efforts and I think we will again feel some of that lost magic.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
How bored would you be with the game if every fight was easy, you finished every quest in less than5 minutes, and every pet came with the best stats and you didn't even have to train it. The game is a challenge. Beating the challenge makes it feel rewarding. As for worlds requiring it to be done with others helping, "two heads are better than one".

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
KorekuEternal on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, right?

I've been playing this game since Feb 2009. I was literally HOOKED. The spells, the quests, the friends I made... Man, those were the times lol. I played in the mornings, I played in the night, and then the next day, I wanted to do it all again. I had a ton of fun.

But then, something changed. I suddenly became less interested.

Something terribly wrong happened during the Celestia era. I was still having a blast in Wizard101 during the time, but with certain things like advanced pets and critical, the game was getting very technical. Of course the game was still good but It only got worse from there.

Nowadays in order to actually get far in a world (*cough* Azteca), you need a good pet which requires TONS of hatching and Mega snack packs (unless you farm Waterworks for hours, BLEH.), a mastery amulet, and in some cases, henchmen. I might as well throw a stash of money and instantly be done with Azteca lol, because that's what's happening...

I know you all think I'm just being a sourpuss, or a dirty blanket (wut) but come on, this game has changed tremendously. I feel like I'm playing Skyrim and WoW together, which is horrible because I come to this game to escape frustration from those sort of games. I came to this game as a casual "just wants to have fun while bored" player, but now I find myself working insanely hard on quests, pets, and crafted gear.

W101 is just like Spongebob, the new version of it is really bad, and people only enjoyed it because of what it had in the beginning, not what is has now lol.
Dear KorekuEternal, I understand you, but, RPG's can be complicated. Even MMO's. Look past it and you will find an amazing game. I played RPG's and they can be fun once you know and get used to the mechanics. One of these games is called Pokemon. All the types advantages disadvantages, the types, critical hits, time in real life in the game, WOW! Even with all those mechanics, it's still fun. You don't need to agree, but this is my opinion.

Sincerely, Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third