Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
Hey guys,
I'm not a forum bug or anything, but I wanted to get this out there.
I like to farm waterworks for the gear and to help my friends with their quest/gear collection. Unfortunately, everyone who has been in waterworks knows that if you die and have to run back, you can't switch realms or let anyone on the sigil with you or the dungeon resets. The problem is that we can't control what other people do. Tonight I had another of several run-ins with people who just want to mess up your dungeon.
After saying that I needed to go in alone to finish the boss fight, I made it all the way down to 1 second and some ignoramus jumped on. Once inside he laughed, and backed out. We need something so that we don't lose all of our progress on a 1-2 hour dungeon because someone else messed it up for us.
Is there any way we could be given an auto-transport button (that must be activated within three minutes or so after dying in a dungeon) that will take us back inside the doorway of the dungeon we were in? Or perhaps something similar-just something that would not let us lose our progress because of someone else. Sort of like the "you are about to exit a dungeon" warnings....
I love this game but I really hate wasting time. When stick-in-the-muds mess up a dungeon, especially one that long, it really throws a damper on things.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
N3rdyG1irl on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys,
I like to farm waterworks for the gear and to help my friends with their quest/gear collection. Unfortunately, everyone who has been in waterworks knows that if you die and have to run back, you can't switch realms or let anyone on the sigil with you or the dungeon resets. The problem is that we can't control what other people do. Tonight I had another of several run-ins with people who just want to mess up your dungeon.
After saying that I needed to go in alone to finish the boss fight, I made it all the way down to 1 second and some ignoramus jumped on. Once inside he laughed, and backed out. We need something so that we don't lose all of our progress on a 1-2 hour dungeon because someone else messed it up for us.
Is there any way we could be given an auto-transport button (that must be activated within three minutes or so after dying in a dungeon) that will take us back inside the doorway of the dungeon we were in? Or perhaps something similar-just something that would not let us lose our progress because of someone else. Sort of like the "you are about to exit a dungeon" warnings....
I love this game but I really hate wasting time. When stick-in-the-muds mess up a dungeon, especially one that long, it really throws a damper on things.
I think that when you flee in a dungeon, I think that you should have a 10 minutes "immunity" bubble that will protect you from any other people taking the other sigils when you are on them. This bubble can be cancelled anytime, but once you cancelled it, its gone.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I like this idea. I had a similar situation:

Tower of the Helephant, Ervin the Barbarian and Taurus the Clever battle
Four people went in, two came out. One had to go, so that was okay. However, the third person got hit with the same situation: someone jumps in at 1.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hey guys,
Have you marked your place before each boss fight? You should be able to port back in that way. (At least all other dungeons work that way)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Hey guys,
Your best bet for this type of dungeon is to make sure that at least one other can and will give you enough heal to keep you from having to port out to heal. But you should also carry some of your own heals even if it is just a Fairy Or Sprite. It could still be enough to finish the battle and then use a potion to finish the dungeon.

You are going to run into a lot of players that do this type of thing just because they can. They don't care that it messes up your game.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Hey guys,
I do wish KI would make some sort of save point option for long dungeons.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
I'm a level 65 wizard, and I almost finished waterworks with 3 others. unfortunately none of them could heal me. after fleeing and returning, they had finished the boss. now I'll have to do it all over again. I'm hoping that 3 others who want to do waterworks will join me to do waterworks again, hopefully at least one of whom will be able to heal if needed at the final boss. it's a complicated dungeon, so if anyone can help, it will really be appreciated.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Hey guys,
This is only "help" i can offer when it comes to waterworks. 1st or 2nd spot in a battle OR it also depends on how much you attack. But either way it all comes down to LUCK I'm afraid. Hope this helps Lvl 90 wizard