Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
ok, I've been training my (death) pets that have good talents that i want and need during battles and none of those particular never appear, so i was wondering, is there a way to train a pet to manifest specific talents

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheGoldenName on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
ok, I've been training my (death) pets that have good talents that i want and need during battles and none of those particular never appear, so i was wondering, is there a way to train a pet to manifest specific talents
No, you can't train to get a specific talent.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Excellent question. I struggled with this exact same question, and after tons of gold and time here is what I learned.

1) Selectively hatch pets together that have developed the talents you like. If a parent has manifested a talent there is a higher chance that the child will also manifest it.

2) When selectively hatching pets together expect that most will be discarded.

3) When deciding which pets to hatch together do not worry about pedigree. Getting desired talents is much more important than pedigree.

4) When deciding which pets to hatch together, the max attributes is very very important. Later when your new pet is hatched and being trained talents that provide your wizard with boosts (damage, resistance etc.) are limited by the max attributes of a pet.

5) Trying to hatch an awsome pet with your first wizard under level 60 is really tough. Take it slow and enjoy the best pet you got at any given time. Otherwise you will get really frustrated.

I hatched my level 48 school pet Wraith several times with a ghost dragon. My third generation Wraith Molly became the best I have. I re-hatched several more times but Molly is still the best.

I hatched a level 48 school hybrid Reaper. Fantastic looking pet. Unfortunately it inherits a bunch of useless off-school talents. I selectively hatched my reaper many many many times and got some good results, but Molly is still my best talented Death School pet.

FYI i tried breeding Spritely into both the wraith and reaper but never succeeded. But as I leveled up I found that Spritely might not be as desirable for death school as more predictable talents like increasing damage, pip percentage, etc. Death school has great healing ability anyway, and increasing ability to harm opponents indirectly helps our health anyway. (Don't mis interprete though, I would have been excited to get Spritely. Having Spritely is also good if you try hatching with strangers because many wizards won't hatch unless you have it).

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
TheGoldenName on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
i wonder that too?

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011