Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pyromancers out there, one question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
what do you think of sun serpent? There is a little disagreement about it being underpowered or not compared to rain of fire. for those who haven't seen:

Rain of fire
75% accuracy
9 pips
300+900 over 3 rounds to all enemies

Sun Serpent
75% accuracy
10 pips
900-1000 to one enemy + 300 to all

Now as you can see, Rain if fire does basically 1200 to everyone, more than sirens. Sun Serpent does basically 1200-1300 to one enemy and 300 to all the rest.

My Opinion; well Sun Serpent does ONLY 100 more to ONE enemy and costs more pips and according to a post about it in the pvp section, it is "weak" in a pvp match. So, i am sure how much i'll use it.

Fellow pyromancers, what do you think? (also anyone else who wants to have their input)

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Well the spell wasnt specifically made for pvp and i dont think i would ever attempt to use it in pvp when efreet is the king fire spell in pvp. But the sun serpant spell is a good spell in PvE and i dont think its underpowered it just bites that its 10 pips to cast but that doesnt make it underpowered in my opinion.

You also have to take into consideration that RoF takes 4 total rounds for the total damage so its hard to compare the two of them.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Dude i tied to make that point in the past about fire but some people just think they know everything. So anyway
it hits the same enemy too times once with the main then again with the AOE hit so your looking at 1300 damage just to one and you have too enemies on all fights so you add a other 300 damage that's 1600 damage stronger then other level 88 spells. Some people will say no your wrong. But all i can say to them is learn to add.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
what do you think of sun serpent? There is a little disagreement about it being underpowered or not compared to rain of fire. for those who haven't seen:

Rain of fire
75% accuracy
9 pips

Sun Serpent
75% accuracy
10 pips

Now as you can see, Rain if fire does basically 1200 to everyone, more than sirens. Sun Serpent does basically 1200-1300 to one enemy and 300 to all the rest.

My Opinion; well Sun Serpent does ONLY 100 more to ONE enemy and costs more pips and according to a post about it in the pvp section, it is "weak" in a pvp match. So, i am sure how much i'll use it.

Fellow pyromancers, what do you think? (also anyone else who wants to have their input)
I don't think i am gonna really use it that often once i turn level 88 (i'm lazy) i'll stick to rain of fire.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Well for aoe spells like rain and serpent, i like to take the total amount of damage that can be done.

Rain of Fire: does 300+800 over 3 rounds to all enemies which is 1200 times 4 max making it 4800 damage normally.

Sun Serpent: does 900-1000 to one and 300 to all, which is 1200-1300 and 300 times 3 so it's a total of 2100-2200 total which is indeed much less dmaage than usual.

However some side factors we all need to know, first of all aoe generally do less damage damage than a one hite spell, dots do much more damage because it's spread out over time. Now rain of fire was far beyond the bountaries of fire damage in total, becase it was spread out it needed to be overpowered fo it's pips. Sun serpent is a new type of attack whichh we have never seen before that i like to call one hit all else bonus which is just a single hit and a little more for everyone else. Taking that into account, sun serpent is perfect as a single hit far exceeding efreet and a single target rain. The bonus damage is just that, a bonus damage, it's not meant to be the highlight of the spell or anything like an aoe is. Really if this was a single hit spell not many people would be arguing about it.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:

Rain of fire
75% accuracy
9 pips

Sun Serpent
75% accuracy
10 pips

It would be cool but what about the snow serpent i wouldn't copy it or take serpent out of snow serpent. For example, like frost beetle its an ice card but storm beetle is a treasure card the creators of wizard 101 wanted every card unique in its own way. so why not forget about sun serpent and creat something totally new plus shouldn't sun serpent be in the sun (astral spells) school because of the word "sun " in it.