Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-09-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The time change this week really makes it feel like winter is coming - the least favorite time of year for this fire wizard, but I know there are some folks out there (especially Professor Greyrose) who love it, so I'll just hunker down with a spicy chili and hope for a mild winter (so far, so good, it's around 85 degrees this afternoon!) and try not to complain too much.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's talk about those wonderful, powerful wands, staves, swords, banners, etc. If you could wave your wand, what sort of wand would you be waving? Tell us what sort of things you'd like to see in the Spiral to help you cast spells. We're interested in both the look of it, and what the effects would be, so go wild!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 27, 2009
Hello Professor Falmea!

I would love to see hand motions introduced as an option to begin battle with power pips instead of "having" to use a wand/staff/sword etc..

If you unequip your wand (etc..) and go into battle, you use your hands to cast your spell but begin the battle with no additional powerpips like if you had a wand on.

I think it would be neat to beable to use our hands as we have accomplished alot during our adventures and no longer need a wand since we have learned so much. (Just as an option for those who wanted it.)

As we are about to encounter Morganthe in her final world, I think we have grown from that "young wizard" to a "master wizard".

Thank you for asking our feedback and I cannot wait to see future additions to the game!

Johnny

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
I would most definitely love to see 3 pips wands in future (after lvl 70 lets say) especially now with the new world coming. Somehow till CL wizards where equal to Bosses thou they have had more health, but after Cl, Zf and Av, no matter how Legendary we all are ( we saved Spiral after all XD ) i really have chills every time I have to beat boss! In those worlds, on start of battles, I look at my poor 2 golden pips with sadness ( 2 gold is best case scenario :)) and then with chills on some Bosses 7 gold one's.
So adding some additional pip from any of gear item that you can think of would be such a bless from heaven :) Its not like I would like to have more easy battles just if it is possible not to have such a pip gap on start of battle. I dont feel dignified enough to fight that enemies sometimes lol.
Back on other part of topic: The Look :)

LOL I am afraid I am not so creative regarding that one. I always wanted to see Ribbon kind of wand ( or set of Gymnastic wands with juggling ) but that isnt really possible cause that doesnt match to any Spiral world lolz
Wipe looking wand with some Bow and arrow but Indian looking one would be cool thou cause its possible to see in future wild west themed world. :)
Other then that the mighty spears like Avalon Jousting rack is or swards like the one that Cloud from FF have might be just what would be super cool to see in Spiral. :D

Community Leader
I am really a staffy type Wizard. So far my all time favorite is the Staff of Hopper. I would really like 2 pips.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
As for a level 53 Necromancer such as myself, I think there should be a Death wand that is a horn. And the tip of the horn is the handle, with there being a clown head at the very top. It could do 150 damage plus taunt all enemies and it can also be called the "Horn of Embarrassment ". I hope that you like my idea and consider using it as a real wand in the game.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I would not change the different things the staff has going out of it (spells) . They are all different and has their own different wand move . I would like to see one that opens up and throws out a ball or something like that. Maybe something just for a girl and a boy .I was happy when i seen the one with a pink diamond but then boys and girls had them . Also the pink blade . anyways having different stuff coming out of the wand ,like sparks and lighting bolts , fire, I am very happy with all the graphics . I always stop and look around . I am amazed at all the detail that went in to it. I have tried pirates but i think wizards are my favorite . Thanks for both

Survivor
May 18, 2009
my favorite wand(sword) is the lifeforce blade and i would love to see its critical rating increase a little bit even if the price will increase as well.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I would personally like to conjur up a ghostblade/shadow blade and hold it with a backhand grip. Animation would be I would spin around rapidly while ascending, then after a slight pause, strike with a downward-diagonal slash for both casting and attacking. Standard animation would be either holding it like a draconian warrior or hold it near my face with the blade part facing diagonally downward (a little hard to explain, but I think you get the idea).

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
if i could i would want mine to on fire going up the wand and then a ice angel on the top and it would long like a staff

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I like both wands and staffs. I wish there were more school themed staffs and wands. I have the scythe from the nightmare pack that I gave to my death because what says death more than a scythe. I also like and have the storm trident I crafted from Celestia for my storm because, again what says storm like a electrified trident. Those seem like great staffs for those schools so that is what I mean for school themed wands and staffs. I also like it when they have a sparkle or glow to them like the two staffs I mentioned above.

If i was going to add something new I have thought what about some magic gloves so you can cast spells with your hand, but only on the condition that they cast like the wizards in Dragonspyre when they cast by hand. Vladimir Darkflame is a good example of how i would like the casting effect to be.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
My most desired wand type would be... NONE!! I'd love to be able to get the benefits of having a wand (zero cast damage spells, bonus pips, block rating, critical, etc etc) but not have to be using a wand to get them. So my preference would be the ability to stitch an existing wand into the "empty handed" animation.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
i'm a Glow/sparkly type of person i like wands that glow but i think there should be like a wand with idk butterflys around it or ghosts that would be really cool
~ Scarlet night ~

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I'm the staff type wizard, 4 of my favorite are the lifeforce blade, death staff, the bow and ascendant staff, If I had to choose , I think a staff with at least 50% resist to all schools across the board, critical about 50% across the board. As far as looks I would think something like a walking stick with leather straps wrapped in a criss cross pattern with leather tassels at the top.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I would want to have gauntlets and orbs.

Gauntlet: gloves that look like they're made of stone and jewls
Casting: would be exact what it looks like when you have no wand eguiped.

Orb: looks like orb shown in hall of champions in Pigs Wick Acadamy

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
i would really like to have more bow available at lower levels and i love staffs as well if they give 2 pips

Survivor
May 11, 2011
What about something Celtic, but not just for Avalon's sake. The actual effect could be a square celtic knot drawn around the target (the color would be appropriate to the school). Similar to how supernova draws the aura inward on the target, the knot would draw inward for the hit.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
arrows for the bows. when they hit they could explode in fire, or cloud of smoke, or shower rain down on foe; and have special effects like stun or lose one pip, or even an insane arrow that might even benefit the opponent instead of doing triple damage.

i waive any rights i might have for this idea or any similar idea Kings Isle may have along these lines

thanks and keep up the great work.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2012
I would agree with Paige, I love my staff. The only thing I would change about it is the sound effect that makes it sound like a cartoon character hitting someone with a metal pan. It doesn't make it seem as cool - which is tough since it was a crown item! I definitely like :

1.Sparks
2.Glowing
3. Simple but purposeful casting movement (Slashing or prodding better than twirling)
4. Size
Thicker and bigger
Maybe some could have hand-guards or designs cut into them

5. Nice colors (I have seen lots of wands in the bazaar that are funny looking pink things...not ok) Gold, Silver, Black even with cool designs or school symbols.

6. Faster casting (Not sure if this is possible with younger kids playing)

:) Just ideas!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
magic things eh, how about a crystal ball. Something like that Madame Vladima woman I've heard lives on skull island. Perhaps it could float circles around the wizard when no spells are being cast. The mele attack would be the crystal floating above the wizars head, then shooting a laser when the wizard points at the target

There might also be a couldren that walks, staying right in front of the wizard to avoid being confused with a pet. When a spell is cast the wizard would pull some ingredient out of their pocket and drop it in the cauldren. The mele attack could be the wizard pulling out a bottle, filling it with the cauldrens contents, and throwing it at the target.

Heres something really out there, a sort of purse like thing full of powder that might either be thrown on the ground, or blown into the wind. I guess the blowing part would be good for the mele attack, since it seems kind of a shame to only use one of those moves.
Something that can have a recycled animation if you're feeling lazy could be a sythe. You know, those things that wraiths carry. You could just use the staff animations for that. Speaking of staffs, why not have some with tiny animal carvings on their heads, that would do something like their eyes lighing up when a spell is cast. There could also be wands that have sparks coming out of the end, making them look like those fourth of july sparkers, only they never go out.
Whew, I cant tell you how long I've been waiting to throw those ideas out there.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
I prefer wands really over staves, but my favorite wand is definitely any of the Katana blades from Mooshu. I agree with Paige saying that we need 2 pips. I think it's only fair, since most opponents in avalon start with like 8-10 pips, and on my storm, I can die in one round without even getting the chance to attack. (yes, that's happened!) Also, I'd like to see wands be stitch-able to your hands, because a lot of people (me included) love the hand-casting animation, but we don't want to lose the pips at the start of a fight.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
There are many different wands i like, but it'd be great to have a Triton staff, like the spell, with the same sort of animation with the lightning coming out the tip of the staff. also there could be a hand motion for each school, storm uses like a lightning bolt like the storm lord, fire could conjure up a fireball and throw it, ice could have icicles shoot from their hands, well you get the idea.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
A death staff would be called Wood Spirit Staff. Designed as a spiral skeleton headed entangled staff with glowing red eyes. When casting a multi-attack spell to all enemies, glowing neon spirits are released from the skeleton heads on the Wood Spirit staff to all enemies taking half of their life.

Mary NightWhisper

Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
My favourite wand is flashing dragon spear for what it offers low level player. I would like to see availability for low levels to poly morph into other schools for example moon school. I also feel there is lack of customisation for death school characters in terms of items available I do realise there has been nightmare pack but that was only available for short period of time I would like to see implementation of more death orientated gear and mounts as well..

Now I am big fan of ascendant staff however there are occasions I feel it is too shiny and doesn't suit my death school so I would like to see more race specific wands with darker theme. Now I think having vampires is great for spells but I have not seen werewolf spells? Now as death student having control of wear-wolfs could be interesting concept.

Thanks very much for reading this

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
Some sort of single-handed glove that the wizard uses to cast spells with his/her outstretched hand would look really cool, in my opinion. The physical attack would be a spinning punch, or maybe a burst of magical energy coming from the glove and attacking the target.